Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Learnt my lesson

Doctormad

Don Juan
Reaction score
As most of you might recall, two and a half months ago I met a girl at work and by the end of the week we were sleeping together. At first we just kept things to a "friends with benefits level" but as the weeks went on, we decided to see each other exclusively. For the most part things were going great until she started acting a bit flakey and we broke up. Now that should have been the end of it, but next week she called me up and apologized, and after talking it over decided to get back together (mistake #1, trust me I made quite a few of them. This was my first semi-serious relationship in ages after all).

When we got back together, things went ok but not as great as before. I knew the relationship was not going to last, but it still came as a shock to me as to how it was going to end. About 4 or five hours ago, she called me to tell me that she had gotten back together with her ex. (thank god it happened before valentine's day, I was actually going to spend money on her). I basically said good luck to her and hung up the phone. Now part of me wants an explanation, but at the same time I am wondering, whats the point? Wether or not she stays with him is irrelevant; we are through and once I get whatever belongings I have at her place I will never see her again. During the relationship, I made tons of AFC mistakes, some were unintentional, and some were. I was never really attracted to her, I more or less just used her for sex and relationship practice. Eventually though, the experiment got out of control and I started giving in to my afc nature. I tell you the truth, its hard to act like a dj when your entire personality is naturally afc. I went from being and acting like a man, to being the afc's afc. Heck, I might have just as well gotten a sex change operation, because I was clearly not acting like a man.

So, I am single once again and this time I am going to stay single. I need to regain my balls and focus on myself. The biggest lesson I learnt from all this is that as a man you have to be in control of the relationship. You control when you see her, when you two have sex. If you give up that control, the woman will not respect you, and she will start using or even worse, cheating on you.

KingRich

Don Juan
Reaction score
"So, I am single once again and this time I am going to stay single. I need to regain my balls and focus on myself. The biggest lesson I learnt from all this is that as a man you have to be in control of the relationship. You control when you see her, when you two have sex. If you give up that control, the woman will not respect you, and she will start using or even worse, cheating on you."

Bingo.....Now you're on your way...:cheer:

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doctormad
Eventually though, the experiment got out of control and I started giving in to my afc nature. I tell you the truth, its hard to act like a dj when your entire personality is naturally afc. I went from being and acting like a man, to being the afc's afc. Heck, I might have just as well gotten a sex change operation, because I was clearly not acting like a man.
Being a DJ is a state of mind. It is embracing your masculinity in a positive way, as Rollo would say. The amount of time you spend in the "desert" is directly related to your likelihood of making AFC mistakes. And you cant just change your afc ways overnight, especially when there is a girl involved. It takes alot of mental remodeling.

So, I am single once again and this time I am going to stay single. I need to regain my balls and focus on myself. The biggest lesson I learnt from all this is that as a man you have to be in control of the relationship. You control when you see her, when you two have sex. If you give up that control, the woman will not respect you, and she will start using or even worse, cheating on you.

I like to refer to this as "hand" (--seinfeld). Hand basically comes down to who has the most at stake. You cant always control when you see her, nor can you dictate when you will get sex. Hand comes from the innate knowledge that you, as the man, have other viable options, do not need a girl or woman to live happily, and most importantly, are willing to walk away if the deal becomes sour for you.

If you give these up, you give up hand. Believe me, I know. Im in a relationship right now where I have been a "yo-yo" afc/dj. Ive handled some situations like a man should, but Ive been a complete AFC with others. This is all because I violated all three of the Golden Rules of Hand I outlined above, at some point or another. And once you loose hand, it is difficult to regain. Not impossible, but tough. Basically if you are the one who cares the most, you dont have hand.

It's like my friend's dad always used to say--"It's not the girl who you love the most, It's the one who loves YOU the most."

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Learnt my lesson

Originally posted by Colossus

If you give these up, you give up hand. Believe me, I know. Im in a relationship right now where I have been a "yo-yo" afc/dj. Ive handled some situations like a man should, but Ive been a complete AFC with others. This is all because I violated all three of the Golden Rules of Hand I outlined above, at some point or another. And once you loose hand, it is difficult to regain. Not impossible, but tough. Basically if you are the one who cares the most, you dont have hand.

Right on the money! :up:

How about the practical side of it? You can't have DJ state of midn till you either have real options (i.e. numbers you call to get a date) or skills to get dates. But you can't find dates until you are in DJ's state of mind.
Catch 22?

AbsoluteFreakinChump

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"once I get whatever belongings I have at her place I will never see her again..."

a)Why do you keep your stuff at her place?
b)This sounds like an AFC excuse to see her again!
Unless it's something expensive, let her have-it
and move-on with your life.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Learnt my lesson

Originally posted by al77
Right on the money! :up:

How about the practical side of it? You can't have DJ state of midn till you either have real options (i.e. numbers you call to get a date) or skills to get dates. But you can't find dates until you are in DJ's state of mind.
Catch 22?
Afc's find dates all the time...they just usually end up on the loosing end of things.