Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Learn to use tools. Learn to BUILD.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of young guys today are unable to use tools and unable to build anything.

This is a serious, SERIOUS issue. Every man who wants to understand and harness his masculine nature should learn how to use tools and be able to build things.

Nothing disgusts me more than to hear a "man" say, "I wouldn't know what to do with a hammer". I've actually heard that several times in my young life.

Why should a man understand and be able to handle tools? Because it puts him in touch with his true nature. Building things gives a man a deep sense of satisfaction, one that touches his very masculine core. We are wired to be warriors, hunters, and builders. In our society, everything is pre-made and men's attention has migrated from the building of things to aquiring and manipulating data. Physical labor, solving problems, and using your creative mind to create something new is a potent way for a man to build self-esteem and to stake his place in the world.

I advise anyone reading this to take on a project and build something. If you have no idea how to use tools, take a simple course at a local school. Learn woodworking, metalworking, or some kind of craft.

What will be the result? You will noticably take on more masculine traits in your day-to-day because you will be "dusting off" the inner man that has been dormant for all these years. This translates to inner confidence. Women can instinctively sense the inner state of a man who can handle tools, a man who can fix and build things.

Women get unbelievably turned on by watching you build or fix. I remember one Fourth of July when I was taking a relatively new girl out on my boat to have dinner and then watch the fireworks. I started the engines and was testing all systems when I saw that my bow light was not functioning. I boat on the salt water and electrical problems are frequent in this harsh environment.

I told her we cannot go out without a functioning bow light as the color-coded light is essential to let other pilots know our heading in the dark. Her heart sank as she thought that we would have to cancel the fireworks. I told her not to worry, I'm going to fix it right now. Time was running short, so I decided to simply bypass the control panel and run two long wires from the battery in the stern to the bow. She sat down and watched as I masterfully started cutting and running wires. I crimped on necessary connectors, and had the bow light working in 20 minutes. She later told me she was massively turned on by watching me do this.

I had no idea she would have any kind of reaction at all. I was simply doing what I always do, which is to identify a problem and fix it. I was actually quite shocked to hear her reaction. Now I realize that when a woman watches a man fix or build things, it triggers massive attraction in her. Physical things are largely incomprehensible to her, so in her perception you are performing some kind of mysterious magic that she can't comprenend.

It is something entirely outside of her experience and ability to understand, and therefore it's a direct hit on her attraction center. Displaying mastery over anything physical, social, or artistic is a weapon of mass destruction (yes, I was tempted to say "seduction).

I urge anyone who has little experience with tools to go out and learn. The satisfaction you will gain as a man will be enormous. And a man who is satisfied in his masculine center is a man who is attractive. It matters not whether you build a lopsided box, a bird house out of popsicle sticks, a fine piece of furniture, a metal mobile for the garden, or anything else. It matters not (at first) whether the final product looks like an atrocity or a fine piece of craftsmanship. What matters is the doing and the inner change that occurs from the doing.

Every man should walk about his world knowing how to handle its physicality. It shows in his dealings with other men, and it shows in his dealing with women. Displayed Mastery is very, very attractive to women, but guess what? Displayed Mastery is also very attractive to yourself.

rhythmic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. What you said about displaying mastery being a great asset is very very true.

I've been looking at having a carpenter friend knock up a custom-built rack for some musical equipment, but reading this, I might just have a look at learning some basic woodworking skills myself.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A great post, I get exactly what you are trying to say.

3 years ago I was next to useless with anything practical around the house, with cars and hell even bicycles. Then with a bit of help from my mum, I landed a job in a sewing shop. Sounds a little gay, but I'm a repairman, I fix broken and faulty sewing and embriodery machines. I also sell them when the boss isn't around.

The point being that I learnt to fix them, part-time for the last 3 years I've got hands-on practical experience in basic engineering and electronics. Before I started I didn't know the difference between screwdrivers, had no idea how to change a fuse, recognise when one had tripped/blown, how to identify a blown capacitor on a circuit board etc. Now I do. It's surprising at uni how many guys don't actually know how to do this sort of stuff, one guy I know spent an hour trying to figure out why the toaster wasn't working, I went straight to the fuse box and flipped the switch. Our toilet flusher broke, I was the only guy in the house who knew exactly how to fix it without even looking at the problem, just because I understood how the system worked.

Ok people take the mick out of me, because it sounds like kind of a gay job at first, but when I can tell somebody why their ipod charger isn't working because the fuse has gone in their plug, and then replace said fuse in about 5 minutes, they become much more appreciative.

These are LIFE SKILLS, that are neccessary, and to be honest aren't even that difficult to learn. I'd much rather spend an hour figuring out how to fix something, then ring the company after 5 minutes.

Gunner

Hiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent advice.

There is a beauty and deep satisfaction that is derived from understanding how things work and being able to fix them.

This should be added to tips.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true. Mrs.5string get's horny for me when I fix stuff around me casa.

Good post. Another thing I would add is that chicks dig guys who can cook.

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom,

Great ideas and great topics! There's a saying I read somewhere: "Knowledge replaces fear.". It's true. I've taught myself how to work on cars and on things around the house. I've painted rooms, do most of the repairs around the house, and do most of my own auto repair. It saves me a lot of money and it beats the he!! out of being at the mercy of other people and feeling "dependent". Independence and self-sufficiency is the natural state of being a man. The people that came from Europe to the Americas had to start from scratch, building their own homes and growing and hunting their own food.

The founding fathers of the United States were fiercely independent and coincidentally (or not so coincidentally), extremely self-sufficient. I think the ultimate goal is self-sufficiency and independence, of which learning how to use tools and repair things is a major part. I would suggest also, as time goes by, to learn a bit of self-defense or to take any kind of class on hand to hand combat or fighting. It could be boxing or Karate or Muay Thai or wrestling or any class of your choosing.

I've done steps one and two. At some point I will do step 3. Step 3 would be learning survival skills. One at a time. These skills could be hunting, fishing, farming, either all together or learning one for a while and then gradually learning the next. Also learning to build shelter and finding or acquiring water. Whatever step you're in, even if you've learned a lot, you always learn more and you'll never achieve MASTERY. Proficiency, yes. Competency, yes. Mastery? Never. There's always more to learn. I don't care if you're a Shaolin monk who's studied Kung Fu for 30 years and can teach others. I don't believe anyone can achieve mastery. You never stop learning.

I don't care if you've been hunting and farming since you were 10 years old. Or if you have been working on cars since you were 8. There's always room for improvement. Always better tricks to learn. Always a new or smarter way of doing something. Or a faster way. Anyway, great ideas, Atom, and a much-needed diversion from the usual, "I met this girl and..." etc. etc. topics we get on here.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gunner26 said:
A great post, I get exactly what you are trying to say.

3 years ago I was next to useless with anything practical around the house, with cars and hell even bicycles. Then with a bit of help from my mum, I landed a job in a sewing shop. Sounds a little gay, but I'm a repairman, I fix broken and faulty sewing and embriodery machines. I also sell them when the boss isn't around.

The point being that I learnt to fix them, part-time for the last 3 years I've got hands-on practical experience in basic engineering and electronics. Before I started I didn't know the difference between screwdrivers, had no idea how to change a fuse, recognise when one had tripped/blown, how to identify a blown capacitor on a circuit board etc. Now I do. It's surprising at uni how many guys don't actually know how to do this sort of stuff, one guy I know spent an hour trying to figure out why the toaster wasn't working, I went straight to the fuse box and flipped the switch. Our toilet flusher broke, I was the only guy in the house who knew exactly how to fix it without even looking at the problem, just because I understood how the system worked.

Ok people take the mick out of me, because it sounds like kind of a gay job at first, but when I can tell somebody why their ipod charger isn't working because the fuse has gone in their plug, and then replace said fuse in about 5 minutes, they become much more appreciative.

These are LIFE SKILLS, that are neccessary, and to be honest aren't even that difficult to learn. I'd much rather spend an hour figuring out how to fix something, then ring the company after 5 minutes.

Gunner
If you already have ajob though how do you learn these skills

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
Great post. Outside of my sport, I had zero physical activity growing up.

I've wanted to get into woodworking for a little while now. The only thing I have the resources for right now, though, is some toothpick art. I picked up a box of flat toothpicks a few weeks ago but haven't yet gotten around to getting some glue and making something yet.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal_water said:
Night courses at colleges. Or if you know builders then ask to shadow them.

Or grab a DIY book and try stuff.

Practice and hands - on learning

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always appreciated how my father would make me help him fix his car, at first it was a drag but that disappears as soon as you get your first car and it breaks down. Used to go mudding in my Jeep, had to fix it on the trail a couple times. Invaluable experience... a man is a little less of a man if he has to rely on others too much to get his things in order IMHO.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Purefilth said:
Night courses at colleges. Or if you know builders then ask to shadow them.

Or grab a DIY book and try stuff.

Practice and hands - on learning
^This. A home improvement store will often have beginner DIY books for most any project. Some even have short workshops or classes on certain topics.

Offer to help a friend or family member that is handy and/or works in a trade. You probably can't go out on a construction jobsite unlicensed, but if he's doing some work at his house or on his car, offer to help.

These are masculine skills we learn from other men.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal_water said:

Good question. I only have one answer. You give it a try.

I could compare it to pick-up. How do you get the skills to game women? You practice, you give it a try. If you fail, and get blown off it's not that big a deal, you didn't know how to game the girl, but slowly you learn. Those stuttered, anxious approaches become more confident as you learn the in's and outs of the interactions, as you gow more accustomed to them. If you find yourself really struggling, you look to defer to somebody who has more experience, in pick-up, that could mean coming to Sosuave to ask for help.

it is exactly the same when learning these skills, just like learning game. You give it a try, and if you still don't get it, you ask for help. Slowly, you learn the skills and get more confident in your ability to perform them, and soon you just know it.

Gunner

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal_water said:

I can tell you because I'm pretty much self-taught and my job has nothing to do with using tools. First, start small. If you know nothing about cars, start with little things first. Like changing a tire and learn how to troubleshoot little things first. If you have a friend who is handy or a relative, ask them. If you purchase a new battery, install it yourself. Make sure not to touch the wrench to any metal on the car when tightening the positive terminal. It will throw sparks because the car chassis (the framework) is grounded to the negative terminal in the battery.

If a chair in your kitchen is wobbly, pay attention to WHERE it wobbles. Where it wobbles is usually where a screw is loose. Always tighten a wobbly chair at the screws where the wobble is. This is a smaller task and will get you used to using tools. I went the self-taught route. You can also take classes if you want, in carpentry and/or auto repair. Night classes for self-enrichment. So you can be a do-it-yourselfer. Also you can buy books that teach you how to repair and teach yourself that way. Start small and work up.

Good basic tools to start: You can find a set of screwdrivers pretty cheap at the hardware store. Get standard and Phillips screwdrivers. Also a socket-wrench set is a good standard set of tools to have. For the average person, a set of screwdrivers, a socket set, a set of open-ended box wrenches, and pair of regular pliers and a pair of needle-nosed pliers are all you'll need for most repair jobs. If you shop around, you can pick all of this up for less than $100. You can pay higher prices or you can find quality at a lower price if you shop around. I've found high-quality screw-driver sets for $10 or less. You can find a decent socket set for $20-$30 if you know where to look. Anyway, hope this helps.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher, will all due respect, I disagree. If the woman doesn't find you attractive, you will be nothing more than an asset to her that she can use to her benefit. In my 20's I was the guy many chicks came to to get shıt fixed and watched as the Wall street broker with the new Mercedes, the clean hands and clean clothes got to bang em.

You are perceived not far from an illegal day laborer who is disposed of after the job is done. Even when you have your own business in the building professions, there are many, many attempts at using you for your skill(s).

I have found it better to shut up and not let them know I know anything! But to each his own. Perhaps one day it will actually work in my advantage.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post, this is playing the male gender role, so it's bound to be attractive. The feminine is attracted to the masculine. But I think it's most effective when you just make it part of your self, skills, and lifestyle, and not done to impress the girls.

This reminds me of that study that said guys who shared the (traditionally feminine) household chores got less sex. While I don't take that study too seriously (I don't think that wiping down the sink is going to cause her attraction for you to plummet), there is a point to it. Doing traditionally male tasks makes you appear masculine. It is masculine.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton,

It will work to your advantage once you know how to work it.

I didn't say anything about fixing her stuff, or building stuff for her. I'm talking about doing these things for yourself (or for others), and walking around knowing you can handle things in your world. The chicks sense this and if you're smart you can make them witness it, which is all the better.

Most of my advice here (if one may call it that) assumes a small, if tentative degree of attraction is already present. My specialty is locking 'em in.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
Atom Smasher, will all due respect, I disagree. If the woman doesn't find you attractive, you will be nothing more than an asset to her that she can use to her benefit. In my 20's I was the guy many chicks came to to get shıt fixed and watched as the Wall street broker with the new Mercedes, the clean hands and clean clothes got to bang em.

You are perceived not far from an illegal day laborer who is disposed of after the job is done. Even when you have your own business in the building professions, there are many, many attempts at using you for your skill(s).

I have found it better to shut up and not let them know I know anything! But to each his own. Perhaps one day it will actually work in my advantage.
I'm an electrician, plenty of people want to use me for my skills.

Simple answer to let them know that i dont do sh1t for free - "Sure, ill come have a look and work out a price."
- Problem solved, Everyone is happy.

spang

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
now we're talkin. ive always felt that a man should have skill and know how to take care of his own stuff. especially when i comes to working on cars and home improvement. both of my brother in laws dont know shat about cars or houses, they have to call their dad or me to help them fix it. then i wonder why my sisters married them.
i can weld, work on cars, repair electronics, do electrical wiring, and other stuff. i have a lot of tools and hobbies. its nice when you dont have to call anyone to fix something and pay out the a$$hole, when you can do it yourself. when i go in stores i basically tell salesmen to piss off cuz i usually know more about the product than they do and i know whats useless and whats not. i hear myself often referred to as "the wizard". lol when i want to build something, i just do it.
never saw women being attracted to that though. ive never had a woman be attracted to me based on my knowledge or skill. this is the one area where i can definitely say i have swag.