Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

learn a new language!!!

the_gunslinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
just a short one, most people tell you to learn a new language, chicks like cultured people. but the question is, what if you learnt something completely unromantic, like german, or didnt learn one at al, or cant because you dont have access to educational resources.

try this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/languages/

on there, you'll find resources for learning french, italian, spanish and some minority languages

hope this helps

the_gunslinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
to be honest, its probably more a personal thing. i just found the language to be really harsh sounding and really impersonal. french and itallian have emphasis on the delivery, but german just seemed functional and that was all. im not slagging germans off or the german language, i just dont like it.

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hah, you think it may be "harsh" and "unpleasant", but German probably can't hold a candle to Klingon. ;)

But seriously, though, German is a really cool language. I find it rather manly (remember Ah-nolt?). Maybe it isn't so bad for the girls as you think.

BGMan

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by BGMan
Hah, you think it may be "harsh" and "unpleasant", but German probably can't hold a candle to Klingon. ;)

But seriously, though, German is a really cool language. I find it rather manly (remember Ah-nolt?). Maybe it isn't so bad for the girls as you think.

BGMan
BG Man, I think the same. I have a minor in German because I liked the language. I thought is sounded mean, rough and autoritative. You are right Gunslinger, German is NOT a pretty language. However, what use would speaking Italian do for me? French is a panzy ass langauge for guys to speak as well. How is Russian?

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ultrashogun
Actually I think Russian is a much harscher and rougher language than german.

Ha Ha, I know how you Germans just love the Russians as well! Question shogun, I fond southern Germany (bavaria) to be more friendly than the north. I was in Berlin for 5 weeks and found the Berliners quite cold!

ultrashogun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon, why do you think we love the russians?
Actually, to tell the truth, I think most germans are ******* no matter where you are. But Ive noticed the Berliners to be the nicest people of all of germany and the Bavarians to be the biggest pricks. Maybe its just cause Im from berlin.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ultrashogun
mahon, why do you think we love the russians?
Actually, to tell the truth, I think most germans are ******* no matter where you are. But Ive noticed the Berliners to be the nicest people of all of germany and the Bavarians to be the biggest pricks. Maybe its just cause Im from berlin.
I being sarcastic on the Russian part. I know most Germans, especially the Berliners, hate the Russians. One thing I cannot figure out is: Why the hell is the Russian Embassy the biggest, most beautiful building on the Unter Den Linden? If the Germans dislike the Russians so much, I am surprised they allow such a splendid building. No offense, but I would have to agree that Germans are a cold bunch. I know it not all of them are, but alot I have come across are, I like the Poles, warm and friendly, and not too passionate like the Italians.

Challenger

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know most Germans, especially the Berliners, hate the Russians.
As a German I can tell you that this is bullsh*t .

Nobody I know has more than once made a sarcastic joke or whatever about Russians.

The time the Iraq war came and the Russian goverment and people were the same opinion as the German government and people the relationship and respect even incresead a lot, in my eyes.

I will soon go to Russia for a year and I have never though of anythink like: oh, well I don't know wheater I like Russian people or not ...."

So please the next time you generalize and claim something to this regard do a little bit more research.
_________
In your words:
Germans don't hate Russians !!!

huisy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you guys worry so much about what language you learn.

The most important aspect is that you get to USE it in front of a woman. Speaking a language allows you to exert power over those who cannot understand it, and it is that which makes it attractive. We all have opinions on which language "sounds" nicer, but the fact is any foreign language is impressive, so just learn one you like or you know is popular in your area of the world. From that point of view, German is very useful for Europe.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Challenger
As a German I can tell you that this is bullsh*t .

Nobody I know has more than once made a sarcastic joke or whatever about Russians.

The time the Iraq war came and the Russian goverment and people were the same opinion as the German government and people the relationship and respect even incresead a lot, in my eyes.

I will soon go to Russia for a year and I have never though of anythink like: oh, well I don't know wheater I like Russian people or not ...."

So please the next time you generalize and claim something to this regard do a little bit more research.
_________
In your words:
Germans don't hate Russians !!!

Well you are young, I should of clarfied myself. I am sure many of those who were alive during WWII and lived in Communist East Germany have alot of animosity towards the Russians.

Pedro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously take your time to learn HUMAN BEING'S language :p

And that is necessarily PORTUGUESE ! But the real European one ! Yes the pronunciation is more difficult than Brazilian :p

Reaction score
neaaahh, I know 4 foreign languages and that alone doesn't get me laid. I'm also catching on Spanish, would be the 5th, but why bother learning it ?

everyone speaks english anyway...

If you really want to do smth useful, learn Japanese or Chinese, because they're very different cultures from ours

in 5 years from now, we'll have mobile phones with instant automatic vocal translation, so you won't have to learn any foreign language

Olympian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by the_gunslinger
to be honest, its probably more a personal thing. i just found the language to be really harsh sounding and really impersonal. french and itallian have emphasis on the delivery, but german just seemed functional and that was all. im not slagging germans off or the german language, i just dont like it.
yea, but if u wanna hook up with a german HB it doesn't matter how good your french sounds