Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Learn a foreign language

eidos

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are an abundance of tips that I see posted every day and that I read in the Tip-of-the-Day, and I haven't seen this one yet, but I'm sure it's out there. Anyways...

How many guys out there are interested in exotic ladies. If you live in the U.S. some of you might have a thing for spanish girls, asian girls, french girls, etc. There is a very good biological reason for this. Did you ever hear the saying mutts are the healthiest dogs. Genetic diversity is something which we will strive for to an extent in choosing a mate. This is why incest is so taboo in most civilized cultures. The lack of genetic diversity actually has an adverse affect. So where am I going with all of this? Well...

There is another thing which contradicts the above statement and that is the rule of proximity. The proximity rule basically states that we will be most attracted to those who we see frequently and close to home. How many times have you seen a so-so looking girl (6-8) at the mall or something and later, when you were at your apartment, saw the same girl. Maybe even across the hall. Did you notice your attraction level for this girl went up? This is the proximity rule in practice.

OK, so the foreign language part. If a girl from another country is visiting your country, possibly for schooling or for some other reason, you can put the two above rules into affect to create an immense amount of attraction. You already have one thing going for you, you are of a different nationality than the potential girl. She will have some attraction just because of this. But the next thing will blow her mind. Learn her language. Now, realistically you should already know her language so that you can be fluent and directly impress her, but I've been able to put this into practice simply by learning the language after seeing the girl for the first time. The idea is that you do not show your attraction until you can speak at least some of her NATIVE tongue. When you speak her language you are going to be subconsciously creating that attraction of proximity. She will associate you with every single thing she loves about her homeland. She probably misses her native country and you speaking to her in her tongue while the rest of these poor guys merely can't will score you major props.

Here is how I usually implement this tactic. This past saturday, for example, I came out of a club and saw a beautiful (8-9) girl on the street outside the club. I went up to her (she looked to be of spanish descent and I speak spanish fluently) and said "hey what's up" (in english) we started talking and I said, "so where are you from...?" (in english) and she replied "puerto rico" (my attraction level skyrocketed) so I respond, "puedes hablar el espanol?" (can you speak spanish) and she replied (si') so then I continue the conversation in spanish and eventually do a # close - "que me des tu numero" (basically means would you give me your number) and she goes into this whole "well i don't normally do this sort of thing, but ok" which i'm sure all you djs have gotten 100s of times. And that's that.

Another way I have used this is to find a girl I can tell is from another country, possibly in class or at work. I then listen to find out secretly where she is from. Then I go on the Internet, do a google search for tutorials on that language, learn enough to say a few cool things like, "you have beautiful eyes/hair" or something equally sappy. Remember it's ok to be sappy - you are speaking their own language and regardless of what you say, the affect will be the same proximity attraction.

Anyways, I hope this helps some of you foreign language experts out there. Habla away.

Fragem

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done this to a German girl she liked it.

I asked in German

Do you speak German
Sprechen Sie Deutsch. Made a little small talk in german then said.

Can I have your Telephone Number
Kann Ich habe diese telofon nummer.

[This message has been edited by Fragem (edited 11-19-2002).]

Rezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GodsGiftToWomen:
Eidos, i've been thinking about this for awhile. It's such a great idea and an awesome way to make the foreign girls' interest level shoot through the roof.
Humm...a friend of mine is all into asian chicks and he knows basic "hi" words in three diffrent asian languges. Guess what? He has ZERO success with these girls whatsoever, not even one. Or maybe it all depends on the girls, but chicks he's been after thinks he's just another lame asiphilie. If you want to impress chicks from another culture, learn to speak fluently. Or educate yourself enough to carry basic conversation. Don't be one of those faggy white guys (my friend) trying to speak asian languages to pick up girls. They should learn your language, not the other way around.

Ricardo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a big difference between Asian girls and Mexican or Spanish girls.

Asian girls are generally a hell of a lot more shy.

Latina girls love it when you speak Spanish.

Mercury

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys have no idea how true this is. LEARN a different language. BUT, you guys are not thinking outside the box here. Sure, going up to a hispanic girl and speaking in her language would get you props, same thing for a German girl and so on. But do you know what will really get a girl's pantys wet? When you go up to a girl who only speaks English, for example, and mention that you speak another language, then say some things in that language. That will drive them crazy.

I know this because I am from Brazil, and I just can't stop getting chicks here in the US. It's not ment to come off as a brag, but I go out at night, or in college even, and I mention that I am from Brazil, chicks go crazy. Then I say that I speak Portuguese, and I start talking in Portuguese and they do everything short of throwing themselves at me.
So go learn a different language. I would suggest anything other than Spanish, if your ultimate goal is women only. I say this because Spanish speakers have sort of a bad rep around the US, you know with all the Mexican jokes and sterotypes. I would suggest any of the other romance languages: Portuguese, Italian, and French. Spanish is an incredible language,don't get me wrong. I recommend learning it for the porpouse of your own fullfilment, not to mention that knowing how to speak spanish will help you in life with jobs. But as far as American women go(and American women alone) breaking out the Spanish will be no big deal to them, could even be a turn off, especially if you live here in the Southern part of the US like I do.

Rezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricardo:

Asians in our campus aren't shy at all. They're less talkative until you get to know them. They appear to be more quite and shy because they were brought up that way. Most international students at my school stick with their own - hang around with themselves, speak their own languages, have their own parties, have their own clubs ect, ect. But thats besides my point. My friend totally ****ed himself up for trying way too hard. He hangs around in FLS lobby every morning and hit on EVERY asian girls he sees, somehow words got around about him, girls are now starting to avoiding him like crazy. He look real dorky when he tries to say japanese words to some random asian chicks he doesn't even know. Pretty sad..

[This message has been edited by Rezz (edited 11-19-2002).]

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricardo:

Yea, i tended to notice that Asian people in general seem to be very quiet and shy. However, maybe only at first.

I speak a little german. Ich spreche bisschen Deutsche. Does it help with the ladies, i do not think so. One guy over in Germany told me German chicks love American guys: I never noticed it, i actually got into a verbal fight with two German *****es at a club.

Mercury

Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking a foreign language is not your free ticket into a girl's pants. It gives you a big advantage, but you have to know how to use it and present yourself, or else it wouldn't do you any good if you spoke 10 languages. Besides, I said you have to actually know how to speak the language, not go up to a girl and tell her you can say 2 sentences in German. So what? If you can actually speak well enough to actually have a conversation with another person in that language, then that is what chicks will dig. Remember,most people, especially in the US, don't even know there is a world outside the American borders, much less how to speak a differnt language. If you come off as a guy who is cultured and has knowlege not only about another country but about the language(acutally having lived in a particular country will help you even more) will set you way apart from the average," I speko a lito spanish and would like a taco" kind of guy.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fragem:
I've done this to a German girl she liked it.

I asked in German

Do you speak German
Sprechen Sie Deutsch. Made a little small talk in german then said.

Can I have your Telephone Number
Kann Ich habe diese telofon nummer.

[This message has been edited by Fragem (edited 11-19-2002).]
Aaaaaaaaaaaah! ES TUT MIR WEH!! WAAAH!!

Corrections:

If you're going to mack some chick that's roughly your age or younger, you can easily use du instead of the more formal Sie. Both work, but if you're going to use the more casual du, say, Sprichst du Deutsch?

This is really dumb, as I can almost gaurantee you that any girl in Germany either speaks German or some other language that you don't speak. Shoot for, Sprichst du Englisch?

And the "telephone number" one? It pains me greatly: you may have been understood; you'd have definitely been laughed at. If you've used du already with this girl, ask, Darf ich deine Telefonnummer haben?

I'd use, though, Kann ich deine 'nummer erhalten? Try not to use Kann ich... to ask questions: there are places where you may and may not be let off, so it's best to just use Darf ich (etwas) haben?

I reccomend that everyone learn another languge: be it Russian, English, Japanese... just not French.

DJSMILE79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mercury:
You guys have no idea how true this is. LEARN a different language. BUT, you guys are not thinking outside the box here. Sure, going up to a hispanic girl and speaking in her language would get you props, same thing for a German girl and so on. But do you know what will really get a girl's pantys wet? When you go up to a girl who only speaks English, for example, and mention that you speak another language, then say some things in that language. That will drive them crazy.

I know this because I am from Brazil, and I just can't stop getting chicks here in the US. It's not ment to come off as a brag, but I go out at night, or in college even, and I mention that I am from Brazil, chicks go crazy. Then I say that I speak Portuguese, and I start talking in Portuguese and they do everything short of throwing themselves at me.
So go learn a different language. I would suggest anything other than Spanish, if your ultimate goal is women only. I say this because Spanish speakers have sort of a bad rep around the US, you know with all the Mexican jokes and sterotypes. I would suggest any of the other romance languages: Portuguese, Italian, and French. Spanish is an incredible language,don't get me wrong. I recommend learning it for the porpouse of your own fullfilment, not to mention that knowing how to speak spanish will help you in life with jobs. But as far as American women go(and American women alone) breaking out the Spanish will be no big deal to them, could even be a turn off, especially if you live here in the Southern part of the US like I do.
FUNNY YOU say this cuz that exact same thing happens to me here in Chile where I connect with american chicks ! by speaking english!

Just make sure she lives in your area if you want a LTR otherwise for a one-night stand you can attract tons of latina chicks and get laid by speaking spanish, castellano, español oder Deutsch, alemán.

Language is a way of

Making an INCREDIBLE CONNECTION ...THAT FEELING RIGHT ... THERE ... LIKE YOU WERE MEANT TO KNOW HIM.....

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Asians value their culture, and are usually impressed only if you have no accent. If you just approach them with traditioinal asian greeting, its a bit turnoff for them.

But when they piss me off, I exclaim: "choka shipaloma!!!". Takes them by surprise and they usually laough at how bad I am. But the sad thing is that I dont know what "choka shipaloma" is
Does anyone know???

As for learning another language to get chicks. I think its not worth it, it takes about 2 years of constant practice to be able to carry out a basic convo.

I know 4 forein languages all of which I could speak with almost no accent. It does not help much. Sure, it gets a warm welcome and surprise but that's it. Then you still have to do the DJ stuff.

------------------
_-=/Comrade Vronski\=-_

[This message has been edited by Vronski (edited 12-02-2002).]

djcovenman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vronski:
I think Asians value their culture, and are usually impressed only if you have no accent. If you just approach them with traditioinal asian greeting, its a bit turnoff for them.

But when they piss me off, I exclaim: "choka shipaloma!!!". Takes them by surprise and they usually laough at how bad I am. But the sad thing is that I dont know what "choka shipaloma" is
Does anyone know???

As for learning another language to get chicks. I think its not worth it, it takes about 2 years of constant practice to be able to carry out a basic convo.

I know 4 forein languages all of which I could speak with almost no accent. It does not help much. Sure, it gets a warm welcome and surprise but that's it. Then you still have to do the DJ stuff.

totally right... a foreign language is useful to connect with chicks when u travel to other countries only and wanna talk to chicks there

anakin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Von Neuen:
Try not to use Kann ich... to ask questions: there are places where you may and may not be let off, so it's best to just use Darf ich (etwas) haben?
Yep, listen the German dude!

In addition, "darf ich" is, in a way, politer than "kann ich"...and should in fact be used much of the time.

ANAKIN