Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

LASIK? Laser Eye Surgery

tigerkick

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im sick and tired of wearing glasses.

Im getting LASIK on the 2nd week of March.. Anyone wanna share their 2 cents about this topic? or do you or know anyone who had lasik? if so are you/they happy with the result?

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it true that you need follow-up surgeries? I heard that some people got LASIK, and their vision was great for like 4 years, then all of a sudden their eyes started going to ****, and they needed to have it done again.

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you will need to have a second surgury, and a third, etc... until you change your lifestyle. Meaning you have to stop making your eyes adapt to close up situations all day. If you get the surgery and you contine to sit in front if the computer all day, or read documents at work, school constantly without taking a break, your eyes will become accustomed to it again and they wil become even more elongated.

That's the only reason why you are nearsighted, is because you eyes have elongated to adapt to your visual situations you find yourself in most often. IN that respect it can be reversed with exercises(no not the bates method either). Anyway the shape of the eye is controled by muscles and like any other muscle in the body you can work them to reshape your eye to it's original form. I went from a -4.00 in both eyes to a now -.25 in about 6 months, 20 minutes a day. Of course I wasn't always faithfull to the program so I could have gotten better results faster.

FIRE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blackbirdbeatle If you get the surgery and you contine to sit in front if the computer all day, or read documents at work, school constantly without taking a break, your eyes will become accustomed to it again and they wil become even more elongated.

That's the only reason why you are nearsighted, is because you eyes have elongated to adapt to your visual situations you find yourself in most often.

Could you back that up?
Actually it's mostly genetical, when I ask eyedoctors and opticians they always tell me reading or looking at computer screens doesn't detioriate your eyes (as long as you take some breaks)

I went from a -4.00 in both eyes to a now -.25 in about 6 months, 20 minutes a day. Of course I wasn't always faithfull to the program so I could have gotten better results faster.
WTF??!?! from -4 to -0.25?? Could you elaborate on that? What program is that?

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I would question the motives of an optometrist that tells you that it's all generic. Do you honestly believe that? Go ask your grandparents how many people had glasses 60 years ago. GO look at indigenous tribes and those that work outside for a living. Now go to the IT department of an office. Just walk around and look at the number of people wearing glasses and double it for people wearing contacts. I bet 1in 2 now have bad eyes. It's because of our lifestyle and our eyes have adapted to it.

If you ever read up on optometry school(I was going to go to it and my friend does) you would see that they have an option of to take extra programs to add behavioural optometry experience to their credentials. Meaning alternative routs for vision correction.

Don't really care if you don't believe me because I'm not dependant on my glasses anymore. Gave the program to my mom and she isn't either.

happyhourhero

Don Juan
Reaction score
What exactly is this program that improved your vision??? I'm intrigued

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really want to sound like a walking advert. but do a google search for Vision For Life. I also combined this with poistive diopter lenses, however I was under the supervision of a behavioural optometrist while I was using the diopter lense so I wouldn't overstress my eyes. The Vision for Life program you can use whenever.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
good post, does anyone know if lasik works on stigmatisms, thats what i have apparently, its where your neither short or long sighted , but rather everythings blurry from the shape of the eyeballs, (ie football shape instead of soccerball), optometrist told me if it wasnt for the shape of my eyeballs i would have perfect vision.

Lingham

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to get Lasic too I'm a -5.25 in my worst eye. I didn't know it could change back over time. My work will involve sitting in front of the computer and drawing, painting etc . . . . So maybe I shouldn't bother. But I also wonder about the long term effects of sticking contacts in my eyes daily.

I'm definilty goig to look up these "eye excercises". I used to squint all the time and avoid glasses like the plague but that didn't help.

Paranoid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found the Bates method to be helpful.....however if you stop practising and meander back to your old habits there is chance of regression.So best way to avoid wearing glasses or deteriorating your eyesight is by adapting your lifestyle such that your eyes are not always stressed to look at objects.... one should take breaks from their work , esp. when on the computer, every two hours for 10 minutes or so.Walk around...look outside...look at the greenery....it helps your eye to focus on near as well as objects at a distance.

Peace!

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lasik is dangerous dude, it can really mess up your eyesight if it doesn't go to plan. Just read some of the horror stories on the net, it'll make you think twice.

Contacts ain't that bad, and your eyes are the most import sense you have, I wouldn't rish potentially farking up my vision with Lazik just so i don't have to use them. There's a reason a lot of lazik surgeons still wear glasses dude!

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well being a DJ is dangerous too. You take lots of risk, undergo through heavy changes, lose friends. There's horror story for that too. :D

The benefit of LASIK outweigh the disadvantage heavily.