Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Labial Herps

Paper Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now this is unlucky.

I haven't seen my GF in a long while, but she'll be back tomorrow. So, besides being happy she's back, I was already picturing loads of fun ahead, ehe.

Little did I know... Tomorrow, I felt something in my lip, but left it alone. When I woke up today, it had grown. I knew it - herpes. Damn. Now, it has grown smaller during the day, and I've went to the pharmacy and was given Zovirax.

Since herpes is contagious, willl I have to refrain from kissing my GF the next days? There are no open wounds or anything, and the red bit that's swollen is really, really small. And if I have to do so, how many days will I have to wait?

Also (pardon my anxiousness!), I'm kinda worried. I know that it is easier to propagate herps while it's on his ON phase, so to speak, but can I pass it on to my GF while I'm OK? That'd definitely suck.

Thumbs down for herps! :cheer:

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That sucks, definitely a real downer and I'm sure most people with oral herpes have had something like this happen at the worst time.

You probably should avoid kissing your girlfriend unless she already has it (something like 3/4 of the population does..).

As for transmission when it's not active - it IS possible, but I'd say it's pretty rare. Previously I dated a girl for 3 years, I caught it when I was a kid and have occasional cold sores. I just avoided kissing when I had an outbreak, and the rest of the time totally ignored it. After 3 years of consistant making out with no transfer, I'd say you're pretty safe.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Google cold sores and look up information.

DO NOT

-touch it and then touch someone in the mouth, genitals, anus, eyes

-Touch it and touch your own genitals, anus, or eyes

- When done showering drying it with a towel and then taking the same part of the towel to dry previously mentioned areas of the body

-share cups, straws, food

Make sure you wait until the sore is COMPELETLY GONE before you use your mouth on another because When its crusting and healing it is at it's most contagious stages. Remember that even when you cannot see the bump anymore after it has fully healed the virus can be in your mouth another day or two.

Reaction score
Wait for it to go...and then some. You can wait a few days so she doesn't have something for the rest of her life.

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it defiantly herpes?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
paperman, your first outbreak will be the worst, and you could be like gio and i and hardly ever get anymore.
so let me tell you about my first cold sore on my lip. it started under the skin being a hard place , and i felt sick. then as if came out, it was apparent. taking the valtrex by mouth and lysine and vitamin c helped and the zovarix cream.

however, it did grow to the point that it was bulging and throbbed.
i was at work (apartment manager) and had to set someone i evicted out. so here i was putting her stuff on the curb and her mother drove up to cuss at me and got into my face. i felt the cold sore throbbing because i was nervous i guess... i mean i am only 100 lbs compared to her 200... and then it happened as she was cussing me , where i am supposed to remain silent and call the sheriff to come back... it popped! right in her face!
i ran straight into my office and went for the first aid kit. i used tissue to clean it up but i applied rubbing alcohol so it would not spread and make more sores. and then it started going away by drying up.

so my theory is, if you think one is bulging and huge and about to blow, go to the bathroom use tissue as to catch the yucky stuff and pop it with a needle and use rubbing alcohol pads to dry it out.