Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Krav Maga

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of taking a Krav Maga Class over the summer for 3 months. I'm tired of people saying they can beat my ass, and then when i claim that they can't, they try. So do you think if I take Krav Maga for three months, that I'd stand a good chance in a fight against someone who was bigger than me per se?
Oh and Does Krav Maga focus on punching at all, and if yes, what else?

Thanks

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
krav maga, a self defense mechanism created by MOSAD the israelie intelegence service, or at least in conjuction with, is 1 of the best in the world, and 3 months of it will improve your fighting a lot but you must still not be mustaken, 3 months of anything will not make you good enough to tackle who ever you want to. Remember a lto fo these guys will so martial arts or boxing

Try and avoid fights, sure eventualy you may be able to take 1 or 2 guys out, but what happens when they guy gets 3 of his stoned freinds to come along and they have 15 inch hunting knifes.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*sigh*

Staying away from fights in the cleverest thing u could do, fights are for those who have weak personalities and think that they need to prove themselves "worthy" by beating the sh!t out of someone else.

lets hope you are not one of those people;)

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
I've been takin Krav for about a year now.

Sure, taking it for 3 months will improve your skill. But will you be an unbeatable killing machine? No. Like anything it takes serious training, dedication, for that skill level.

Krav focuses on eliminating the threat and destroying the attacker as fast as possible.

Krav includes all ranges of combat though focuses more on standup than ground because again, it's about destuction asap.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, you guys are right. Of course I wouldn't be an unstoppable fighting machine, 1/2 of these guys are stoners and the other half weigh train. Of course I wouldn't try to make a fight, I'm just saying that just in case i'd have to, like i'd have no other option, even if the guy kept hitting me after i've told him to cut it out. I'm just wondering if it can help me, Defense wise instead of offensive.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh...

well if thats the way u look at it, then go right ahead.

Good-Luck;)

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Couple things, don't mean to nitpick just wanna be clear here.

It sounds to me that you problem is confidence in who you are. People wouldn't talk about being able to beat your ass unless they consider you a non-threat. You just reinforce that by saying they can't.

There is also evidence of your lack of confidence in your mentality towards self defense. You'd wait till someone hit you several times before fighting back?? Or did you just say that to appease aequitas? Either way, that's retarded.

3 months is better than nothing but it's not going to do much for YOU. You're looking for a quick-fix to your lack of self-esteem, I gather, though you may not realize it till later.

DO take the class though. It will set you on the right track to increasing your self worth. Perhaps it will inspire changes in you you never imagined. Even if you don't come out after 3 months being able to kick ass, you'll come out a bit of a better person, in your own way.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why doesn't someone open up a post that says this:

How to avoid a fight?

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No I do not want a quick fix for self esteem, I just want to be able to stand a chance in a fight, ya know not get punched or being able to block or dodge. Thats all I'm wondering, I have no intention of fighting back, I just want to be able to defend, thats all, and say "Cut it out, this is silly."

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Heyjose25points
I have no intention of fighting back, I just want to be able to defend, thats all, and say "Cut it out, this is silly."
This isn't the movies where kung fu cool guys dodge a few punches, block a few kicks, trip the guy, and strike a cool pose while making a funny anectdote.

IF you get into a fight you win by kicking ass. Defense does not win the fight. And if all you do is defend it only encourages the person to keep attacking. Why should they stop? They are completely emotional and no amount of "reason" will work. All they know at that moment is they want to smash your face in. The ONLY way they will stop is if they are MADE to stop. You must make them feel enough pain that their body wants to protect itself and stop fighting.

Sure, if your defense is THAT good that you could dodge and block every attack for a 3 minutes straight then yeah, they will be exhausted and have to stop. But get your head out of the clouds. The top fighters in the world are unable to do this after YEARS and YEARS of DEDICATED TRAINING. Offense wins the fight, not defense.

The BEST option is not to fight in the first place. But if it's too late for that, you must be prepared to kick ass or get your ass kicked.

Forget that whole "oh, let's stop, this is silly" shiet. You're trying to be a cool guy and it's gonna get you fvcked up.

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, thanks alot guys. Yea, I'll try to avoid fighting, and if I have no choice, I'll just have to fight. But I'll definitely take the Krav Maga class, probably longer than 3 months. Thank you all for clearing my head. I feared that if I did say, "Yea right" ya know when they say they can kick my ass, they'll be ready to fight, thats all. But now I believe that if they say, "Blah Blah Blah or I'll kick your ass" then i'll just say, "You wish" or "Yea right" then, atleast they know that I'm not as self worthless as they think, and I can stand up for myself.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by thezenmachine
bjj and muay thai, enough said!
Um, sure dude. You can go away now.

nw1512

Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to Soma, Good Advice

I'm a P3 in Krav and have recently taken up BJJ,

Krav gives you the confidence to defend yourself against multiple attackers and attackers with weapons.

But for me Krav didnt address enough groundfighting, as Krav is a stand up system, your tought to get up to your feet as soon as possible.

But it's come to a point now that im getting a lot better at BJJ
That if it's one on one as simple takedown and submission is far more effective than striking but olso more safer.

Take up Krav if youve never had any fight training before.

If you have some fight training add BJJ for your groundfighting.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome man. I've recently added BJJ to my training as well. Only got a few months into it though cause I'm sidelined for the next couple months.

Was doing some hard sparring a few weeks ago and got my rib broken. :( haha. Sucks but hey, shiet happens.

Two months from now I'll be back in there.

But it's great to hear that someone else here knows what's up with Krav and BJJ.

:cool:

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krav Maga is pretty good for defending yourself but not if you want to fight against someone with experience.

If you are competent fighter in Krav Maga (you have at least 1 year experiece under your belt) you will do just fine against thugish guys who you encounter in bars/street and get roudy and try to hit/intimadate you.

However if you go against guys who have a higher knowledge in fighting techniques (muay tai - BJJ) you will lose because they will be familier with getting out of holds, submissions and groundworks.

As a result your offence skills will be limited and you will be beaten against a competent fighter.

As well you need to learn how to take a hit, something that kickboxing and BJJ will teach you better. Therefore its good that you are taking Krav Maga but if you want to get better later on go for the other diciplines.

nw1512

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Stuff Soma

I know what you mean, it's funny I get black eyes almost every week in BJJ but not from strikes.

It's awesome in Australia only about 100 people in the whole country do Krav and about 300-400 do BJJ. It nice when things arnt popular.

thezenmachine

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't think so? The real question is how much practical experience do you have? I've been in the ring (MMA) and done the bjj tournaments (gi and no gi), I've done quite well in both. I know my stuff works.