Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Krav Maga Question, want to be able to stand a chance in a fight

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question about Krav Maga, is it truly effective as you guys say it is. Do you think that if I take it for 3 months I should be able to atleast stand a chance against this guy who hates my guts and always tells me to shut up and dares me to fight. I'd pee in my pants at this rate if I had to fight him, please help. I don't want to be a weakling for the rest of my life. I want to be able to stand a chance against this guy just case I really had to fight him. I am the only black guy out of the 10 of us who the dudes in my dorm hall(MOSTLY WHITE GUYS) know that they could beat my ass. I want to be at my fellow homies their level where white dudes say "Wouldn't wanna mess with this guy either".lol.

NOTE: I want to take a class next summer, because there are no Krav Maga nor Brazilian Ju Jitsu schools around in the area. Plus, I think that we'll have to fight each other by that time(8 months) from now.

ANOTHER NOTE: He aint that big of a guy. Just has a mean face, but never messes around with the other black guys except for me. And I've heard he's been in some fights.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
There are several style that will help you to kick ass. Krav maga is one of them. Muay Thai is another. BJJ. JKD. Even regular Boxing or regular wrestling would be good, and others.

But if you're looking to kick ass quick then yeah, Krav would be ideal. It's no-nonsense, straight to the point, elminating the danger to you and destroying the other guy as fast as possible. Later on, if you have the time I'd recommend taking BJJ to supplement your skills. Krav has ground fighting/grappling but it's not extensive because as I said, it's aim is to take the guy out asap. But adding BJJ to your skills, if you have the chance, would be great.

Of course that doesn't mean you're invincible. You REALLY got to train, just like in anything else. Train like it's real cause when sh!t goes down you'll fight like you train.

*edit* Yes, if you SERIOUSLY study (including lots of sparring) Krav for 3 months you'll stand a chance against this guy. That's assuming, of course, he's not a trained fighter. If he's just a street brawler, after 3 months of serious Krav study you'll stand a very good chance.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hi

Hey mate, given my recent post I dont want to sound like some dikchaed who thinks hes a fight expert all of sudden....IM NOT. I have written replies before about MA and my disdain for them but I do think they are good, just not what you think.

You may know an Australian guy called Nathan Jones, he does WWW Smackdown, some big wrestling gig. This guy is huge and lives on juice and served half his life in prison. I saw him take an absolute flogging from a friend of mine who is probably THE most aggressive guy I have ever known. Nathan, if by chance you read this, this was when you played for the Dogs.

Anyway, the guy who dropped him, I have studied this guy and came to a realization. 1. He would kill me and 2. He is vicious. Most of us, when having a fight, just want it to end. We want it quick, short and as painless as possible. This guy however has a mentality where he wants to inflict maximum damage on whoever he is fighting. I saw him spear tackle a guy into the fottpath and just wouldn't stop....I thought he had crippled the guy. I know he has hospitalized a few guys and he actually killed a couple as a cop on tactical response unit.

Anyway, its all "intent" in my opinion. I have met patients and other people who consider themselves cowards, but I have never met an actual coward. If this guy threatened the life of your daughter/mother/sister, you would probably do him. Your problem is empathy, you can empathize with the victim and therefore dont want to hurt people. Most supposed cowards I have known simply dont have the aggression, the intent and they simply empathize too much with the victim.

Learning to fight may help you defend yourself but thats about it and it wont change you.

My advice, if you really really were intent on beating this guy would be radical. Firstly, I would suggest you simply let it go in reality. The only other thing you could do....and THIS IS RADICAL..so I know people will bad mouth me for saying it. Take androgens, testosterone and work out. Testosterone is what they have more of than you do. You are empathetic, whereas their testosterone levels can and do drown their empathy.

Otherwise, 3 months of MA will simply make you feel better, but NOBODY can teach you aggression. Also, if you really want to fight, just do boxing. MA is full of suit wearing dudes like you and me, boxing is simply you, an oponent and some pig skin. Boxers are the toughest guys I have ever come accross.

There, thats my two cents, now let me have it. Remember, I wasn't necessairly condoning steroid abuse, I was just stating that increased testosterone will make you more aggressive and AGGRESSION wins fights, not bloody technique.

Jean Claude Van Dame had his lights punched out by a sports commentator here in Australia you might remember. Well, t didn;t get that far because Jean backed down. The sport commentator isnt a fighter or a brute or a MA, his intention to mutilate Jean Claude was simply stronger than Jean Claudes desire to screw his wife and Jean Claude knew it. Jean Claude is apparently a brilliant MA right?

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
No, Jean-Claude is a pansy. Not a good example. And yes, aggresion is definitely a big factor in a fight but if you train with serious and determined intent you will naturally become aggressive in a fight situation.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just remember when you go into a fight you are in the unknown.
Acting pre-emptively with full on aggression will stack the cards in your favour. But YOU could be the one ending up dead, maimed or b*ggered.

Don't fight unless you have too.

I like Krav Maga mainly because of the scenerio type training and adrenaline dumping practice. The moves are gross motor skill based and have proved effective in the field.

Most people can learn in a day (KM) enough to do in the 'average' untrained dude. So one day seminars are worthwhile

It's also good to do some groundfigthing, but you really don't want to end up on the ground.

I would recommend Wing Chun if you want to do a martial art long term. Just be realistic about what's practical in real life and what's fluff.

Oh yeah, and get yourself a heavybag and mitts

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
solution to your dorm problem

An Australian Street Pimp Perspective :

Being dangerous is a mind set.

Like being a terrorist.

if you are prepared to sell your life in order to kill your enemy then you are a very dangerous man.

i have seen alot of so called tough guys drop balls when they have faced someone with this " mindset "

i have seen bikers in jail walk away when i projected this mindset at them. when you are standing in someones face and calm as when faced with heavy opposistion it scares people. the eyes my friends the eyes say it all.

someone who is prepared to die for what they are fighting is always going to add another dimension to thier attacks.

just for the record Jean-Claude i am pretty sure is a former karate champion and he is in top shape. but as you said he was messing with some guys wife and motivation became a factor.

being in shape helps.

knowing some good martial arts skills helps even more.

but if you want that edge that will make you into a killing machine

it is YOUR MIND

unlock the hidden power, re-train it

how would you fight if you had no fear ?

how would you fight if you weren't afraid of being arrested ?

the rules people say like " you can't do that in a fight "

when you were a kid maybe they said " only horses kick "

when you an adult " only girls pull hair "

the man to watch is the man who doesn't play by the rules

the man who will KILL and his intent is to inflict the maximum amount of damage to his enemies

ofcourse power like this without control will lead to your destruction or jail

but with control of your emotions and control of your temper

you become like a nuclear bomb, you avoid fighting at all costs because once you press that button EXSTINCTION LEVEL EVENT

some guy giving me trouble in my dorm ? don't care what colour his skin is

i get a baseball bat and have a chat with him

either he changes his attitude or i change his appearance

nothing scares people like a warrior being calm in the middle of a storm

you stand there with a baseball bat and chat to him as cool and calm as and i guarantee you will scare the $hit out of him

no emotiuons , nothing personal

just as if you do this all the time

he will think you are fu**ing nuts and will spread the word not to mess with you cause you are nuts

TRUE STORY/EXAMPLE
i remember one time i was in a detention centre , i was 21 years old. in this detention centre it is 10 men to a room and 10 rooms so 100 men. the toilets are outside so anyone can come in and slit your throat while you are asleep. i had a much harder time here than in proper jail.

i was playing cards and left my room. i came back to find my jumper gone. i asked the guys in my room, who were mostly car thieves, assault and small time crims what had happened to my jumper. no one said a word.

what do you do ?

i knew it was a set up to get me knocked ( killed ) as the exact same scenario had played out and the guy who they did it too went searching for his jumper in other rooms asking them if they had it.

most crims are fu**ing idiots and animals. they love bloodshed. their brain views any look or comment as an excuse to attack. so they viewed him asking them as him accusing them of taking it. 3 rooms later he was on his way to the hospital.

now it was my turn. i went next door and asked room 8 had they see it ? no answer the older guys were very fu**ing unimpressed with me being in their room and saying that. i try room 6 same. i go back to my room, room 7 and ask my mate oi who took my jumper. all eyes on him, he couldn't say a word but he muttered the name of a big islander in the next room. ok cool.

i go next door and praise be to God there were only 3 guys in the room. i walk over to where the big islander is lying on his cot as say in a concerned voice, " excuse me mate have you seen my jumper ? " he fakes in a sleepy tone "no ". i sit down on the bunk opposite him. there is an old guitar next to me. i look at him lying there prone, pretending to sleep and i decide that if i was to attack him with the guitar while he is lying down i have a good chance that he will not be able to get up. i plan to hit him with the guitar first and after it breaks i plan to use the next of the guitar and the sharp broken off part to stab him until he is dead. i am projecting this because this is exactly what i am thinking. i am looking straight at this big man. i sit there for about 2 minutes watching him pretending to be asleep, picturing in my mind how i am going to kill him.

i go back to my room and ask my friend ARE YOU SURE the islander took it?

knowing that if he says yes i gotta go kill me a samoan.

he says yes.

alright SHOWTIME. i get up. i am going next door to attack a man lying on his cot and i am not going to stop until he is a vegetable.

i walk next door. yes i got ball$ :D

i walk into his room and there is my jumper lying on the floor at the door. and over at the back of the room is the islander still pretending he is alseep.

i go back to my room with my jumper all happy.

the guys who set me up to get knocked can't believe i got my jumper back and i am in one piece.

later that night the big islander comes to my room and he asks me in a fearful voice " are you a Schizophrenic "

i look at him in confusion and say what ?

he says yeah bro do you have a split personality ?

i say um.... dunno...... naa mate don't think so....

he walks off.

*$hit i was shaking when i typed that lol. my pulse got faster and it was like having a flashback. fu** i hated jail*

dunno if you guys read that thread of mine about me putting the baseball bat against the side of that guys head ?

same scenario dudes thinking they hard, i walk back inside cool as day and go into " scary mode "

it is just like being a movie actor.

al pacino in scarface. erin bana in chopper ( very good acting )

these actors are not really criminals but they get that " mindset "

and especially erin bana in chopper, YOU THINK THEY ARE KILLERS

it is a skill and a good one to have.

you don't actually have to hit the guy with a baseball bat, you just have to project that you are going to do it. he will play nice :D

Lost In Translation

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
anything else.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have that "killed or be killed" mindset (al la Martin Bryant), you'd better be willing to die for it. Otherwise someone who is armed, or is a psycho, will easily call your bluff.

There is nothing more funny than seeing a guy, who previously looked like he was willing to die in order to win the fight, suddenly piss his hands when the OTHER guy is willing to die!

Still, no amount of "looking dangerous" or being muscly will help when someone REALLY is out to get you. See, nobody can stop a bullet fired from an opponent you can't even see, or a knife in the back from someone hidden in the middle of the crowd. So the key is, don't pick fights in the first place!

bud1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think relying on strength and aggression is a bad plan. We all know guys who are naturally tough because of size, athleticism and attitude, but what happens when they meet up with a trained fighter? I can tell you because I have seen it, they lose.

I have a black belt in Judo and a blue belt in BJJ and have seen many street fights between trained fighters and untrained ones. There are many problems with being an untrained fighter:
1) Untrained fighters run out of gas quick. To me, the biggest plus of training is you learn when to conserve and expend energy.
2) Untrained fighters do not know how to effectively end fights.
3) Trained fighters do not lose their aggressiveness when training, so what makes these untrained people think they will be more aggressive and that it will benefit them.
4) After years of Judo, Muay Thai, etc...your body becomes conditioned to taking abuse.....kinda hard to put one of these guys down for good.

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Terrorists arnt aggressive... they are brain-washed Pu**ys.

You cannot "train" to be aggressive. you are either aggressive or not.

No amount of training can give.. that urge to really want to hurt someone. no matter what style.

If you are SH*T scared to fight this guy in the first place.. you will always be scared. you can train.. to beat him.. and there is a big chance you WILL... but, you will be scared of him, up until the minute you do WIN. And even then, if you do fight him... because you will have the mind-set of being scared.. there is also the chance this will help you LOSE.

I have seen & encountered MANY so called ANGRY guys who have been practising this and that for so many years... and "majority" turn to water in a real life crisis.

It is a BIG mind game. EG.. 2 guys studying the same style for same time frame etc... same height, build etc... yet one will have a BIG advantage just from having a "slight" edge. the edge is... Aggression.. the agression that is triggered in your brain that you cannot control or stop.

Having said that though.. someone with the sameaggression as the guy just mentioned... but who can control and channel his aggression to the specific task at hand.. will then be the victor.

This is a very complex game. be prepared.

And it is uually the ones who "ACT" tough and "pshyco" that go "DOWN" the hardest and the quickest.

Just my 2 cents

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Dokta, I gotta completely disagree with ya on this. You CAN train to become aggressive. And no, you will not always be scared of the person. I can't say "NEVER" because there is always an exception. But I do know it can be done because I did it through serious training. I was the wussiest, sissy-b!tch you could ever think of. But that was some time ago before I got jumped by 7 guys for no reason (literally no reason, they just did it for fun, as my friends ran off scared of getting their asses kicked too) and decided to train for real life situations and not take sh!t from anyone. I was tired of being afraid and tired of always worrying about what might happen should I see some bully (and during that time there were many). That was about 10 years ago and since then things have changed quite drastically.

It's gone from "I hope I don't get hurt, why won't they just leave me alone...I hope someone helps...:(" to "I don't care how many of you there are. You may take me out but not before I beat the living sh!t out of one of you. If I'm going down, one of you are coming with me."

No longer afraid of getting hurt cause I expect it but I know I'll beat the other dude's ass several times over before I go down.

Whether in a verbal or physical confrontation it's easily seen just how aggressive I've become.

So yeah, it can be done, IF it's what you really want.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think some people are naturally more aggressive than others and a small percentage of people will not respond to aggression training but most do, if they want to.

A KM trained person who sticks it for 3 months has a pretty good chance of warding off a nutter trying to kill his wife and kids, and is quite prepared to die in the process.

Also women, when it comes to their kids will eat your balls off to protect thier offspring.

Pacing yourself in a fight is an interesting one. In the sport of BJJ you have the luxury of letting your untrained opposition build up oxygen debt. If I had a fight and ended up on the ground I'd use my grounfighting skills to get up again as quickly as possible. He may have a blade or mates ready to kick you in the head.

Take them out ASAP.

Blades worry me though, the more I train with them, the more I realise it's 50/50 whether you die. I'm even considering a kevlar undershirt for weekends. Now how paranoid is that?

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of blades...

Was in a club this weekend in San Francisco...

A fight broke out between this HUGE fvcker...about 6/4, 260 pounds of rock muscle. The other dude, or rather dudes (about 6 of them), were about 5'9 160pnds. Asian gang fight. Huge dude was whoopin some ass and the bouncers kicked em all outside and let them fight out there. The 6 dudes started fighting back pretty hard the big dude was faltering...then BAM...the fvkcer got shanked in the back with a knife. BIG gash...about 6 inches long, chunk of skin torn out, blood everywhere. A friend of the big guy came to help him but maybe it was too late. Big guy went to sit down, took off his shirt (after hold his own against the gang pretty well) and blood was everywhere. Be almost passed out right there. Ambulance came, sped off and that was that. My friend was recording everything but something ****ed up with the light and you can't see anything!!!! Argh.

But yeah, crazy sh!t.