Know any hardcore way to do crunches?

nvictor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the summer again. I need to burn out the fat and get my neat abs back. I do the basic lying-down-on-the-floor-crunches. But I need suggestions.

The way I'm doing it, I don't train my external intercostal muscles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_intercostal_membrane). After each session I see my 6 packs swell up a little bit, but nothing happens under my arms...

I saw on a website that any kind of twisting during the crunches will do, but it doesn't work :) Do you know of anything hardcore?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Abs are only visible with a low body fat.
If you have a spare tire no amount of 'hardcore' crunches will show your abs... assuming that crunches do something in the first place.

I will suggest you learn how to use an Ergometer machine if you have one at the gym. It will work your abs as well as most of your body.

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
crunches don't burn fat. drink 1/2 glass of OJ and go for a 5 k run before every breakfast, then crunch-throw a 10kg medicine ball to a partner from a lying roman chair for 10 minutes. that's hardcore.

nvictor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, these are not really the kind of replies I wanted. But thanks anyway. I shouldn't have mentioned fat...

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing showy about this but do Weighted decline situps. Try it with as much weight as you can handle for 2x10-12

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have basically given you the fastest way to defined abs known to man. repent!
#2: hang from overhead bar , feet together, bring your knees up to your left armpit/right/left and do 4 sets of 15.
but don't forget teh medicine ball is l33t and is pwn your azz.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing crunches with a rope on a pulley is basically a crunch that you can add weight and progress on.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
doing crunches underwater without breathing is totally hardcore, even more hardcore than concentration curls and 500-lb. quarter-squats.

if you don't get the answers you want, keep asking, i'm sure you'll eventually find someone to tell you exactly what you want to hear!

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
if you don't get the answers you want, keep asking, i'm sure you'll eventually find someone to tell you exactly what you want to hear!
i would have said that, but i think he said the 'kind of' answers he was looking for.. presumably he means hardcore ones :box: :D