Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

kissed girl with big cold sore. How screwed am I??

gottagetthatgirl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I was not worried at first since I've heard 90% of people have oral herpes. So I was thinking I already have it since im pretty sure as a kid I had cold sores before.

Figured oh well I already got this so it wont hurt me. But she kissed me all over my face and nownow im kinda freaking out thinking this crap could get all over my face. Is that really possible? Its been 4 days since my first exposure with her. I also had protected sex with her since I only saw a cold sore on her lip and not down there.

So do you guys think im screwed or will already hopefully having hsv 1 protect me and I wont get any cold sores? Also how is a nice way to tell this girl we cant kiss anymore but only have sex? I am staying with her for a week and have nowhere to go. I dont think she realizes they are contagious. I hope I didn't make a big mistake.

Piers Nivens

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold on, lemme go pull out my MD degree and crystal ball and I'll get back to you

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Piers Nivens said:
Hold on, lemme go pull out my MD degree and crystal ball and I'll get back to you
Sometimes not responding to a thread at all is much more helpful than giving a useless or cynical response.

-------

OP, I don't think you should worry about this. Although the cold sore itself should have bee a red flag, I understand stuff happens. HSV-1 (general--notice I did NOT say genital) is dormant (asleep) in most people. Once you have the virus is in you, it doesn't matter if you were exposed once or 17 times. That is, the severity of the condition is not contingent upon the degree of exposure. Ironically, you may get cold sores if you worry too much because stressors--physical and psychological--tend to take HSV-1 out of sleep and into active mode.

In summary, don't worry about what already happened. You will be fine.

gottagetthatgirl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the response roby. So basically you are saying if I already have hsv1 then coming into contact with a cold sore wont activate it again? How do you know this though just curious.

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gottagetthatgirl said:
Thanks for the response roby. So basically you are saying if I already have hsv1 then coming into contact with a cold sore wont activate it again? How do you know this though just curious.
www.google.com

gottagetthatgirl

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel really foolish for kissing her actually. Is sex ok as long as she doesn't go down on me?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so, you're so desperate you kissed a girl with a giant cold sore(basically an open wound) and now you're considering sex with her?

jesus christ OP.

better hope she ain't got genital too!

gottagetthatgirl

Don Juan
Reaction score
devilkingx2 said:
so, you're so desperate you kissed a girl with a giant cold sore(basically an open wound) and now you're considering sex with her?

jesus christ OP.

better hope she ain't got genital too!
Sadly I already had protected sex with her several times. She's a girl I've been seeing and this cold sore thing just happened. I dont see anything down there...maybe I shouldn't sleep with her again though. A cold sore on her lip doesn't mean at all that she has genital herpes though. Two different things.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gottagetthatgirl said:
Sadly I already had protected sex with her several times. She's a girl I've been seeing and this cold sore thing just happened. I dont see anything down there...maybe I shouldn't sleep with her again though. A cold sore on her lip doesn't mean at all that she has genital herpes though. Two different things.
I thought you like, just met a new girl with a cold sore, kissed her anyway, and were planning on banging her

I guess you can just keep on trekking, when you need to kiss her do the plastic wrap thing from that obscure abc show pushing up daisies

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never base your judgment about herpes on visual inspection. It is often not possible to see even an active outbreak down there.

Your best bet is an inspection with an ultraviolet light and goggles.

Poop1337

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop kissing her. Just enjoy the sex. If she isn't attractive stop it all.

Spence

Don Juan
Reaction score
You will most likely get it and it is for life and it can be very painful, unless it was a scab in its later stage, which means you should be alright. I had it since 8 years old.

Good news is if you get Type 1 which is on your face, you are very unlikely to get Type 2 which is genital (and which is far more painful) as you get some cross immunity from your antibodies.

There are a few things you can do to stop it occuring, one take Lysine supplements (especially when you are stressed).

Two catch it early, have zovirax with you always, when you get the itch, immediately put the cream on you need a very fine layer, less is more, if you put too much cream on it actually accelerates the cold sore and makes it worse! You need to catch it as soon as you recognise the itch, this can make a 2 week affair an unnoticeable 2 day affair..

There is also new hand held infrared treatment that is very effective and not expensive, so you can catch it early.

Last edited: