Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

kinds of dumbells?

Snap87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup guys, got a question. For those of you who workout at home and have gotten good gains by dumbells. Just wondering what kind of dumbells do you guys have? I want to buy dumbells, but dunno what kind are out there. Are there those kind where you can stack weights on it by your self?(those seem to be good) Or will i have to buy 15lbs, 20lbs, then 30lbs, 40lbs, etc.(as i get stronger)? I already have a barbell and a bench, but now i want dumbells. :)

If you can, please provide pictures to show

THANKS!

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
of course there's dumbbells that allow you to adjust the weight.

How heavy do you want them to go? I'm sure that would affect whether you could buy some random Sears dumbbell for Joe Country Hick and Sandy Soccermom that only goes up to 40 lbs, or whether you'd have to find a more specialized set sponsored by Jay Cutler or Ronnie that would allow you to stack 100-200 lbs on each dumbbell...

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just get some nice dumbbell bars with metal screw on collars, they dont cost much and they arent limited by anything, you just put on iron plates, and you can get them to 300 lbs with 50's easily ( im sure you wont need to go that high)

http://www.pacillo.com/products/spinlock_dumbbell_bars_b.jpg
Theres what i use, they look short but, as you can see, they can fit enough iron plates to go way heavier than youll ever need them.

Snap87

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea....those were the ones i mostly see people use...:) about how much to those cost?:D and what store i can find them?

Last edited:

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snap87
yea....those were the ones i mostly see people use...:) about how much to those cost?:D and what store i can find them?
mine cost 15 total with 2 of those and a long bar.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snap87
Sports authority or Kmart were where I got mine.

You can easily make 100lbs dumbells if you have the weight.