keeping her from talking to the ex

Bossman90

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is a good way to keep your girl from talking to the ex, so you don't have to deal with the possibility of her cheating?

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't do a damn thing to stop them from cheating, but for your peace of mind, Harry's advice is the way to go. Don't date em if they're still hung up on the ex.

Three

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. I wouldn't get serious with a woman who is best friends with her exes. It will drive you insane and you'll never be able to allow yourself to trust her.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Tell her how handsome he is and that she should marry him.

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's not much you can do. If she's hung up on him, that's that. If you want to verbalize it and the two of you are exclusive, tell her, calmly, 'if you feel a need to talk to your ex(s), I don't see why we're together'. She will either stop or continue, at which point it's time for you to leave.

A woman in love won't need to be told not to do certain things. She'll be walking on eggshells around you without even realizing it.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, pretty much ALL girls I've been involved with were in contact with at least one ex, sometimes more. It sucks. I've never really found a solution except realize later on that they were dumb as fvck anyways.

rum

Don Juan
Reaction score
She wouldn't talk to them unless there was some sort of lingering connection or affinity for them. Basically she wants to keep this door open for possibly down the line, to rekindle something years from now or as a potential **** buddy...even if she was the dumper. Remember women are cold, calculating ****s...if she really didn't care about the ex he'd be cut off immediately.

I would monitor closely the calls and txt messages she sends. When she's in the shower or a safe distance away when her phone is in reach...read her messages...see who she's communicating with.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the only way you can tell whether someone is trustworthy or not...is to trust them.

Bossman90

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Tell her how handsome he is and that she should marry him.
He's not good looking. HE also has no money, but pretends like he does.

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends entirely on the frequency of the conversations with the ex and what the topics are about.

If she's ditching you on a date because her ex called, that's messed up.

If it's work/school related, and that's all they ever talk about, and it's fairly infrequent, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

A girl that is really, truly in love will tell an ex off if she feels he is trying to start trouble in her current relationship, and she won't do anything to betray your trust. Plain and simple. The conversations will be like ones that are between friends and she won't drop everything to talk to them.

I have two ex's I'm thinking of when I write this. One has tried to stir up drama (constantly texting, calling me, flirting with me, threatening to start trouble with my boyfriend, etc) in my relationship, so I blocked his number and told him off and never spoke to him again.

The other is in the same professional program as me. We only discuss work and school and it only happens maybe once every couple months.

rum

Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
It depends entirely on the frequency of the conversations with the ex and what the topics are about.

If she's ditching you on a date because her ex called, that's messed up.

If it's work/school related, and that's all they ever talk about, and it's fairly infrequent, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

A girl that is really, truly in love will tell an ex off if she feels he is trying to start trouble in her current relationship, and she won't do anything to betray your trust. Plain and simple. The conversations will be like ones that are between friends and she won't drop everything to talk to them.

I have two ex's I'm thinking of when I write this. One has tried to stir up drama (constantly texting, calling me, flirting with me, threatening to start trouble with my boyfriend, etc) in my relationship, so I blocked his number and told him off and never spoke to him again.

The other is in the same professional program as me. We only discuss work and school and it only happens maybe once every couple months.
That poor guy...he must've taken it very hard and really liked you. Give him the time of day if it doesn't work out with your current BF. That guy needs some closure

Or if he finds a new GF...he'll just fade away on his own.

seethehoop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I think you should look at keeping your own s*** together. If you act accordingly then you would have no reason to be jealous. Take care of things your end and forget about the ex's. Pay them no attention. If you get jealous bury it unless she really gives you reason to suspect something.

Like I say, if you take care of your end she will have no need to look elsewhere. Isnt that what game is all about?

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rum said:
That poor guy...he must've taken it very hard and really liked you. Give him the time of day if it doesn't work out with your current BF. That guy needs some closure

Or if he finds a new GF...he'll just fade away on his own.

No, he just didn't know when to quit.
We dated for two months, and he broke up with me.
We didn't speak for a few months and then he started talking to me again but the conversations all went the same way: "Hey, I miss you, oh, you are still with him? Well do you remember when we went to the beach? I want to do that again with you. I really miss you. Break up with him"

Keep in mind I definitely did not promote this behavior, it would come out of the blue when I least expected it (usually at 2 AM I'd wake up to a bunch of texts in this vein)

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before you get in a relationship with any female you need to lay down the law. Let them know that it's not cool to talk to any exes. It's not cool to hang out with any dudes one on one. If they can't agree to these things then you shouldn't date them period. That simple.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sylvester the cat said:
the only way you can tell whether someone is trustworthy or not...is to trust them.
Pretty much. Give them enough rope and see if they hang themselves with it.

seethehoop

Don Juan
Reaction score
PrettyBoyAJ said:
Before you get in a relationship with any female you need to lay down the law. Let them know that it's not cool to talk to any exes. It's not cool to hang out with any dudes one on one. If they can't agree to these things then you shouldn't date them period. That simple.
If you follow this mantra you're going to be showing your insecurity and limiting your pool of potential women. Any good quality women would run a mile if you tried to tell her who she could be friends with. This attitude is paramount to psychological abuse. You should be confident enough in your self to not have to worry who she is friends with.

rum

Don Juan
Reaction score
PrettyBoyAJ said:
Honestly, if you verbalize these boundaries to her you're going to seem clingy, controlling, unreasonable.

It's ok to snoop on her once in a while to "check up" if she's being faithful...but you always have to give the illusion that you trust her completely.

rum

Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
No, he just didn't know when to quit.
We dated for two months, and he broke up with me.
We didn't speak for a few months and then he started talking to me again but the conversations all went the same way: "Hey, I miss you, oh, you are still with him? Well do you remember when we went to the beach? I want to do that again with you. I really miss you. Break up with him"

Keep in mind I definitely did not promote this behavior, it would come out of the blue when I least expected it (usually at 2 AM I'd wake up to a bunch of texts in this vein)
not saying you're lying...but this is very very strange. Guys who break up with a girl usually never crawl back...it's the guy who's been dumped who resorts to the behavior that you're describing.

Usually when guys are done...they're done.