Karma's guide to proper and healthy skin care.

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Obviously you haven't done your research. Take your idiocy somewhere else dumbass.
Dude I had the worst skin and acne i've ever seen on anyone in my life about 4-5 years ago, now its the best, I feel as though I know it inside out. But you keep spending money throwing even more toxic **** on yourself. I swear its like some people don't even want help.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I do appreciate your help but telling another guy that his problem is from the food he eats and then he counters that and you then reply that he's lying, it's a bit hard to chew on your "advice".

I have done my research and I'm open to new and fresh ideas.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
Dude I had the worst skin and acne i've ever seen on anyone in my life about 4-5 years ago, now its the best, I feel as though I know it inside out. But you keep spending money throwing even more toxic **** on yourself. I swear its like some people don't even want help.
But you're still full of sh*t, don't you see?

Maybe you had bad skin because you ate like crap, but not all bad skin is caused by diet, and it's idiotic to tell someone they have an oily face because their diet is poor. Especially when their diet is anything but.

I'd also like an explanation as to how soap/dye/alcohol-free face washes, toners and antioxidant topicals are "toxic" to you. I look forward to reading this.

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if some of this stuff is overkill.. let me explain..

Myself, while I rarely get pimples, I have oily skin and black heads (mostly on my nose). At the hight of my ex gf's reign (a year ago) she persuaded me to go get a facial cleansing (an hour long process where ones facial pores are cleaned) from a salon.

Oh it removed black heads.. but what I was told+read is that one then needs aha (alhpa hydroxy acid) moisturizers and/or masks and to use them regularly or the black heads just fill the pores right back up again. As it turns out AHA's are quite expensive.. and it feels like quite the elaborate process.. and at this point I decided I needed to better pick my battles so for me this became 'overkill'.

I did some research and decided on Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser. I've used it for several months now and I like it much better then any of the other products I've tried so far.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
JohnnyIrish said:
I wonder if some of this stuff is overkill.. let me explain..

Myself, while I rarely get pimples, I have oily skin and black heads. At the hight of my ex's reign (a year ago) she persuaded me to go got a facial cleansing (an hour long process where ones facial pores are cleaned) from a salon.

Oh it removed black heads.. but what I was told+read is that one then needs aha (alhpa hydroxy acid) moisturizers and/or masks and to use them regularly or they just fill right back up again. Turns out AHA's are quite expensive.. and it feels like quite the elaborate process.. and at this point I decided I needed to better pick my battles and for me this was overkill.

I did some research and decided on Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser. I've used it for several months now and I like it much better then any of the other products I've tried so far.
Good that you've found a product which works well. Sometimes this can be overkill but as is everything else in life, moderation is the key.

leeroyjenkins

Don Juan
Reaction score
my regime:

morning - shave, wash face with clarins gentle cleanser, biotherm moisturiser/anti-aging
evening - cover cotton pad in Biotherm de-toxifying/clarifying lotion..wash face then more gentle Biotherm moisturiser for evening
night - wash face with boiling hot water, pat dry then Biotherm anti-aging overnight moisturiser

and then twice a week in the morning after shaving and washing and cleansing, I use a Biotherm face mask, leave it on for 10 minutes until it's really hard, wash off, then moisturiser

it works ;-)

and every so often, I use a clarins day cream instead...good for a change over the holidays :)

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
"Goddamnit Leroy! Goddamnit."

Good regimen. I'm not a fan of microderm abrasions or masks because they tend to make your face the consistency of raw hamburger if not done by someone in the know.

If you have good results from it, by all means.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What would you say is the best "anti-aging" moisturizer/lotion with SPF? I forgot I have a bottle of Nivea for men Q10 lotion with 15spf in the bottom of one of my drawers. Is that about as good as you can get? Does something like that moisturize sufficiently? What's the difference between that and this?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
I'd go with the Q10 due ONLY to te fact that it is more cost effective. They both do the same thing just attacks uv with different ingredients.

They both kick ass though.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool. I'll go with the one I already have. :)

is there any reason I couldn't use two moisturizers at once though? I've been using L'Oreal for Men's oil control moisturizer because of my oily forehead/nose, and it does a decent job. But it has no SPF, and I don't know about its anti-aging properties.

leeroyjenkins

Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
"Goddamnit Leroy! Goddamnit."

Good regimen. I'm not a fan of microderm abrasions or masks because they tend to make your face the consistency of raw hamburger if not done by someone in the know.

If you have good results from it, by all means.
haha yeah man pals 4 life!

I tried micro-dermabrasion and it didn't really do much for me but I use Biopur by Biotherm - makes it soft as hell ;)

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone here use retinol or retin-a on their face? I've read it can be good for stuff like expression lines, dark circles and large pores, all of which I have. Do they really cause peeling, though? What are some good over-the-counter products?

Also, I've read you really need to use sunscreen when using retinol/a, someone on this board said you need to use one with zinc. Is it hard to find one with zinc at say a walgreens? Do these for-men moisturizers with SPF have it?