Just saw a 18 year number close at the gym

Anpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just noticed a DJ in the gym today. A scrawny kid being loud and doing bro stuff with about another 5 guys. You know, the type of guy who goes loud on everything and wants people to look. He just bothered a chick during his set and number closed.

Im dumbfounded. Is this me being jealous or what's happening? I feel like it was really cringeworthy and wondering if this is like what it's like to cold approach. Everyone was watching him. It just feels odds to me. The guy looked way younger guy than the chick who was pushing 30 something, maybe a hb5.

Is this how it starts out? Losing my ego and just talking to random chicks? Because it was so abrupt and random, not a warm approach, not sharing any common topic except the gym. Maybe i see it as weird cause i treat gym as 100% work towards my body.

Am i in the wrong or did i see this as a young man taking what he wanted?

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I do all the time. I'm not a young idiot who screams around for attention, but basically when I took the red pill I changed my behavior. I always go for what I want and I pulled stunts like that 100s of times. It didn't always work out, you can read my threads and experiences.

But I finetuned my game and I get more and more results.

Basically, this is it. Approach, have fun and take what the f8ck you want. Get immune to rejection and you will get laid.

Anpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard for me to believe. A man at the gym, training with 4 (FOUR?) other guys, bothers a chick who's working out at the gym, and the chick gives him her #?

My advice: number-closing isn't much of an accomplishment, and in this particular case (assuming it actually happened), my opinion is, 1 in a million girls will be turned on by a guy who's working out with 4 (!) other guys.

I invite you to think of it like this: Any knucklehead can enter a gym with an entourage, but that usually stems from lack of confidence. They need their Bros to look and feel safe and important.

When I'm at the gym I prefer to focus all of my time and attention on working my muscles and lungs. I enter the gym prepared to do battle with my mind and body, so I stay laser focused: my headphones stay on at all times and I refuse to engage in smalltalk with anybody. I will tell you: I have to do my absolute best to ignore guys who work out in groups of 3 or more because I almost always consider them to be a nuisance...it's annoying as fvuck to 3 or more guys working out together...usually talking more than training, hogging up time at the work station.

Being focused and ignoring others' actions at the gym is much more likely to attract women. Let THEM approach you at the gym, and even then, keep the interruption short. Just be direct and tell her that you're gonna finish training but then her your phone and invite her dial in her number and you'll catch up with her later.
It was a group of guys training at the cables, and then the one dude sees the chick at the leg press, nudges his friends and immediately approaches. Weird sight really.

Anpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting phone numbers ultimately dont mean it was successful. Doesnt mean chyt.
Do this without asking for the number enough and learn the art of walking away and abundance will be yours.
I still have this inbuilt fear of rejection to talking to others for no reason and wasting their time (my attitude is like this - don't like to people to waste my time on mundane chit). I will have to actively try and be more open and social. Cheerw

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard for me to believe. A man at the gym, training with 4 (FOUR?) other guys, bothers a chick who's working out at the gym, and the chick gives him her #?
Why would anyone make something up about a dude he doesn't even know getting a number?
I invite you to think of it like this: Any knucklehead can enter a gym with an entourage, but that usually stems from lack of confidence. They need their Bros to look and feel safe and important.
This isn't the first time you've broken the internet with stupid. Well, maybe to feel safe. "Spot me bro".
I have to do my absolute best to ignore guys who work out in groups of 3 or more because I almost always consider them to be a nuisance...
A simple "fvck off" should suffice.
hogging up time at the work station.
As should a "move your chit, dude". This would seem to fit you perfectly.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not saying it didn't happen, but ultimately, I'd say there's a 5% chance this guy ends up meeting her on a date.

There's probably a higher chance she felt bad for him and just gave him her number out of pity.

As previously said, numbers don't mean sh1t.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are mistaking getting a number for interest. Half the time it's done just so a guy leaves them alone.

Getting numbers is near meaningless these days. A woman showing up for a date is all that counts and it is not proportionate to the amount of numbers you get its proporionate to their interest level in you.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just noticed a DJ in the gym today. A scrawny kid being loud and doing bro stuff with about another 5 guys. You know, the type of guy who goes loud on everything and wants people to look. He just bothered a chick during his set and number closed.

Im dumbfounded. Is this me being jealous or what's happening? I feel like it was really cringeworthy and wondering if this is like what it's like to cold approach. Everyone was watching him. It just feels odds to me. The guy looked way younger guy than the chick who was pushing 30 something, maybe a hb5.

Is this how it starts out? Losing my ego and just talking to random chicks? Because it was so abrupt and random, not a warm approach, not sharing any common topic except the gym. Maybe i see it as weird cause i treat gym as 100% work towards my body.

Am i in the wrong or did i see this as a young man taking what he wanted?
I will repeat my metrics of attraction again......it's fixing your Looks, Personality, and Finances.

A part of fixing your Personality is to find YOUR TRUE PERSONALITY. If you are loud and stupid like the guy in the gym you are describing, then sure, embrace that and bring out your true self. If not, understand you don't have to "mimic" anybody else's personality (assuming that's even his true personality). The worse thing you can do is try to be someone else in order to attract women. It's just not that serious number one and number two, you don't need to do all of that.

Side note, I'm like @Espi, when I'm in the gym I don't want to be around anybody else. I'm there to hit the machines, hit the cardio, and my headphones are on 100% of the time. I'm in a completely different zone. I don't have time to socialize, laugh, giggle, or do any of that B.S. that 80% of the people in the gym are doing.

I guess that's also why the fitness industry is booming but Americans are 70% overweight? It's despite having an actual gym membership, most people are only in the gym socializing and B.S'ing, rather than actually sweating. Want to know what really TICKS me off? It is when you go to the gym to try to get on a treadmill, and every treadmill is full with guys walking (slow as hell) and carrying on long, deep, silly conversations with each other. Like why the HELL are you taking up all of the space on the treadmills with that non-sense o_O.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
with an hb5 you can act any way you want