Just looking for input/viewpoints/ideas/tips/advice. (Blind date)?

pvf94

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend of near 2 years dropped the bomb on me and left me a couple weeks ago. It took a week or so for me to start feeling better, and now I'm realizing that I was just used to her more then anything. I still miss her in a way, but not in the way I did a week ago. I started talking to old friends, girls, and family. It really helped and I am getting better each and everyday. Anyhow, on to the real reason I am posting. :crazy:

So I got on facebook to get a hold of some old friends last week, I started adding people and mutual friends and all that. I even added a few girls I didn't know just for kicks, figured if they try talking to me when I add them I'll give it a go.

Well to my surprise a few of them initiated conversation with me, "hey do I know you?" and such lines from them. I stated that they simply looked very familiar so I added them.

A few drug on conversation with me slipping in "your cute" and whatnot. They sort of fizzled out, I more or less lost interest in it. But there was one girl that started talking to me through wall posts and whatnot. She is about an hb 7, what I usually go for do to the fact that they usually aren't as high maintenance/high demand from other guys and easier to mack on.

We talked back and forth for a couple days via wall/public posting. I eventually sent her a private message, saying that we keep turning wall posts into mini chat rooms and if she wanted to carry on convo to just do it through here. She said "yay, cool alright".

I slipped in that I was hoppin off to go get a coffee, and when I came back I login and her message is "ew coffee is nasty", I told her I ended up getting an iced cappucino... she responded "vomit :p"

I said to her " And to think you were getting pretty high up on my cool people list"

She replied, "Lol. I'd be game for a huge cup of hot chocolate while you drink nasty coffee. :D "

I started thinking, did she just give ME the opportunity to put my foot in the door? Or is she just being a smart ass? I said "Hot chocolate is for whimps, when and where?" (I know I should of been more dj about that and TOLD her when and were)

She said "Where and whenever you want".

After a little bit of fluff talk, and letting each other know good day/times......
We planned to get together on Saturday late afternoon/early evening.

Believe it or not, I am actually very excited about it.

Now I have questions.

1.) Should I pay for her drink?
2.) Should I offer to pick her up at her place or should we both take our own vehicles to the desired spot?
3.) We didn't officially say it was a date or anything, but isn't that what this pretty much is? Semi-Blind date?
4.) Hug or handshake as the official greet?

Any other input would be excellent, as this is pretty new for me. Therapeutic almost, I am not feeling the pain of my breakup for the past few days. I know this girl might end up being just a rebound, but I'm only 21....I should of never got tied down to begin with.

Anyhow, go go go. Input dudes!

:p

Perry

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. its only a drink, maybe like 4 or 5 bucks tops, so yeah pay for it.

2. pick her up, unless she lives super far. also, if you do pick her up you should go somewhere else thats fun. maybe you live near the beach, walk in a park, walk around city. here you go...http://frugal.families.com/blog/top-100-creative-date-ideas-part-i......a lot of them suck balls but there must be one good idea in there.

3. its a date

4. HUG

pvf94

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking about picking her up, then going to get that big hot chocolate she wants, and a coffee for me ofcourse..then going to the park to walk,sit,talk, get to know each other a little.