Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just logged into Facebook and...

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
I just logged into my Facebook after not even looking at it for about two months and I've noticed quite a few people on my friends list have deactivated their accounts...In all honesty I may wind up deleting mine as well I never use it. (Only to keep family and contacts from parts of the states and different countries I've been to.)

Is Flakebook starting to crumble perhaps?

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you remember from the movie the Social Network, Mark Zuckerberg (played by Jesse Eisenberg) describes how people are on facebook because its cool and their friends are on there, but if their friends start to leave they may leave resulting in a chain reaction that eventually reduces the site to the next friendster or myspace.

I have noticed a lot of people leaving facebook, though like quitting a drug many actually comeback after a week or so. I have a ton of respect for those who leave and notice they tend to be cool, individualistic types and also often young professionals who are too busy to care about something as shallow and pointless as facebook. Adding to this is an increase in old and young people joining, more ads and commercialization and timeline.

Still, facebook is simply too big - over 600 million users - and popular to leave anytime soon. Every company and organization uses social media for marketing and PR now. Marketing jobs in social media are really popular among young professionals. Plus for every cool person who leaves 10 are overly involved i.e mainly attention *****s and betas who comment on and like everything while constantly updating you on their exciting lives with updates and photos. Wow great your drunk at a bar, im sure that was a precious memory you needed to capture and share because you'll probably never do that again.

I want to give up facebook, but mainly just to show everyone im too good for it and cause its a waste of time. Kinda a shallow reason, but atleast im honest and smart enough to recognize this. I probably wont though because its a good way to stay in touch with people and look-up coworkers. Plus it comes in handy now and then with girls (especially when they see all the cute girls i've partied with) and learning about events.

I've always been fascinated by facebook from a sociological standpoint. Like how a scientist might observe the rise of antibiotic resistant bacteria... then use it to get laid.

Honestly the majority of facebook is just a bunch of people lying to each other and themselves about their motives and reasoning for all their shallow behavior on the site. Watch girls get their pic taken at a bar. How often was that done before facebook? Its just a way for people to feel better about themselves and create the impression they are cool and interesting. Too bad no one worth knowing cares

Hustlaz Ambition

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got on 4 days ago after not logging on for a month myself. I honestly only use it for events nowadays. I don't even look at the news feed. If I want to know something from a specific page or person I just click on their profile. I swear I lose brain cells from some status updates. An interesting thing I noticed about FB is that the times I'm on the most is when I'm most stressed(fortunately those days are behind me, hence me no longer having much use for FB), and the people who make the most status updates on my news feed have very little going on for themselves. Take what you will from that.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped using it daily about a month ago.

Tired of seeing all the narcissism and endless "look what my baby did!" photos.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went no contact on FB in hopes of regaining the frame.

MrJibbles

Don Juan
Reaction score
pdx1138 said:
I stopped using it daily about a month ago.

Tired of seeing all the narcissism and endless "look what my baby did!" photos.
I hear you on that, brother. Finally deleted my profile a couple weeks or so ago. The first few times, I fell victim to temptation and merely "deactivated" my account, only to come back to it a few days later. I finally permanently deleted, though. After a two week period with deletion request, there is an option to log back in, but that period has passed and everything is gone now.

I'd definitely recommend getting rid of it. People, especially girls, are way too self-absorbed in this fictional character they've created from themselves: A magnet for insecure egomaniacs and beta white-knights. After a while, seeing people post pictures of themselves doing "cool" things in an attempt to seem more popular and sexy than they are gets to you. Facebook is NOT reality, but, like any source of media, it becomes real enough if it rubs off on you long enough.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
st_99 said:
I went no contact on FB in hopes of regaining the frame.
Hahahaha yes.

I stopped using facebook frequently about 6 or 7 months ago. It's so pointless. The only reason I have it is so that I can get tagged in photos. I'd like the memories. I don't post, I don't comment, I don't accept friends, I don't do anything.

That being said, I used to be big into FBook and it was a great way to meet girls when I was a freshman in college.

Not bragging but I totes have over like 1500 friends, like omg.