Just keep your mouth closed.

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It took me quite a bit to figure out but now i see things in retrospect it seems it would spare me of alot of trouble if i did NOT discuss anything with my friends about women etc,try to set them up with a girl or talk behind peoples back.This includes successes and failures,i think i read this tip first in the bible but didn't quite bother with applying it.So you ****ed a hottie,shut the **** up about it,and ESPECIALLY when talking about girls your mates wished could even talk to.

Maybe it is because my friends are helpless AFC's but everytime we are in a social gathering with girls or anywhere by ourselves the questions and "missions" start pouring down "Do you think she likes me?" , "If she mentions me tomorrow call me ASAP" and **** like that.I mean c'mon,that **** is lame.So just nod "okay" or whatever and if anything really does happen just keep your mouth shut,you will be the first to be blamed for being a blabbermouth and be labeled extremely insecure.

Faca

Banned
Reaction score
True man, i've had many times trouble only because of talking too much and revealing things to people. But i'm glad i did it, cause otherwise i wouldn't have learned some things.

" No one cares for your succes, otherwise than yourself "
Heard this one from a lot of people, but didn't believed it till some experiences came to me. Everyone else is busy with their lives and things to care for you. Maybe one of your best friends or family care for your succes, but they won't make it happen if you don't. With knowing this, you shouldn't become bitter or angry.. just become aware.
Be aware of the fact which you want, you have to make it happen!

" A lot of people would rather see you fail then to succeed "
This one is also so simple, but still without experience i wouldn't have believed it. A lot of people feel bad and only because of negative mental habits. But how do they feel better? Ofcourse with seeing others fail to know that you're not so bad. With seeing others failing is like that yourself are winning for most people. I was and might be sometimes this way, but when it happens i become aware of that fact and change my thinking.

So gold advice man: JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes that's what i concluded too, "lesson learned" i said to myself or in your words,i'm aware now.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Word to the wise,DONT SAY A DARN WORD ABOUT ANY(GOOD OR BAD) FEELINGS YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT ANOTHER CO-WORKER. Just thought I would chime in it seems to fit this topic.

Faca

Banned
Reaction score
A thought from The Godfather movie came to my mind.

It was like this: Never ever let anyone outside the family know what you think or feel.

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come to think of it,it's a major AFC treat to discuss every little thing that happened,i feel better everytime someone talks about how hawt a girl you scored is (and they don't know that) instead of starting to brag or whatever.Just lay back and smirk.

Faca

Banned
Reaction score
The same goes for bragging. Don't brag about yourself, let other do that.

Let your actions speak for themselves! Usally i don't trust people that talk or brag too much..:yes:

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I was thinking about this today!

I was thinking about screenplay writing. Most books that teach about learning how to write a screenplay have a dictum that you should always SHOW and not TELL.

It works great for alpha-type behaviour.

You don't TELL a girl that you like her, you SHOW her. Don't say "I think you're hot"... kino her and grab her and kiss her.

You don't TELL other girls about your exploits to get some kind of social proof... you SHOW them by putting yourself out in public with other girls.

You don't TELL other people what to do... you SHOW them how to do it like a leader should.

I have been very guilty of TELLING over the years. Always telling girls I like them, always whining behind people's backs, always talking about the girls I find attractive. It got to the point where I was all show and no go, and people were sensing I was a procrastinating wuss. And they were right.

Faca

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly SHOW IT, DO NOT TELL!

example
In the intro scene from The Gladiator, Maximus needs to encourage his soldiers to fight. To get in the mood of having a lot of courage. He doesn't tell them have courage, but he shows them how to have it and at the same time fights with his soldiers. You can find a lot of these situations of great leaders.

They Don't only plan to do things or command others to do them, but they actually do them and then give advice on something.

A DJ shouldn't talk about himself, and never give any information for free. They must deserve it, that you open yourselves to them.