Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just joined the Air Force

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
Respect dude. Takes a lot of brains to make it into the Air Force!! I tested and just barely passed..but I don't believe the Air Force is for me.

Last edited:

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...does not take THAT much brains. The military is generally easy to get into (not for my case), but certain jobs in any branch require more intellect than others. AF is known to be "the brains of the military" but there ARE Army MOSs that require a high ASVAB score. If your ASVAB score isn't even high enough to make the minimum score for AF, then it's like taking an IQ test and finding out you're actually retarded.

Edit: I apologize for my rudeness. Congrats on joining, work hard and don't hate it like most people who get in easy. Folks like me are working hard and jumping they hoops just to join. I have to get med waivers from a med DQ.

What's your job? How was MEPS?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marvin Gaye said:
Takes a lot of brains to make it into the Air Force!!
BWA HA HA HA HA HA

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f*ck female trainees if the opportunity arises (Don't get caught

I had a girlfriend who was in the Army. She said to leave one leg of your pants on while having sex so that you could jump back into them quickly in case you were about to get caught.

Good luck, StateOfMind.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's cool. I just got a 92 on the ASVAB. Just losing a little weight now.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

elite7

Don Juan
Reaction score
got to say congrats tried the navy no good guess I'll try army:):rockon:

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha i live in killeen, tx(ft hood) So i know about the dealerships :D
I want to get a bachelors, if time a masters while im in.
But most importantly i want to save lots of money. Also what is your average take home pay?

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 19. And yeah... MEPS was stupid. Running around with a folder, going to each station over and over again.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Entitled attitude? You're pretty bad at analyzing people.

Who said anything about not being humble or cool? Are you neg hitting me?

Nice quote mining there. In no way was I being ****y or sounding entitled, frankly, the opposite.

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
Yes I was referring to the ASVAB. All the AF dudes I've spoken with have been smart and down to earth, unlike other brances where the recruits seemed average

Michele said:
Who said anything about not being humble or cool? Are you neg hitting me?
Haha!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The pioneers of a warless world are the young men and women who refuse military service.

Most companies either do business with the military in some way, or they have defense contractors as clients. It's nearly impossible to participate in society without supporting the military.

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
*cough* BULLSH*T! *cough*

Costa Rica has no standing military. It is one of the most prosperous nations on the continent. I know this is subjective, but now that I think about nobody in my family or any of my friends has jobs even remotely related to the military.

War is a f*cking RACKET. Banks finance both sides and taxpayers foot the bill+interest. The idea that we cannot do business or prosper without it is ludicrous. I propose that it is more destructive to economies than we are led to believe

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
now that I think about nobody in my family or any of my friends has jobs even remotely related to the military.

Now I'm the one coughing. I bet if you investigated further, you would find that statement to be untrue. And other jobs working for the military-industrial complex don't count, like cop, prison guard, and gov't employee. Unless you're Amish, you might as well be the one pulling the trigger.

chnorr

Reaction score
StateOfMind said:
My AFSC is Maintenance Management Production. I heard its just filing paperwork and lots of scheduling(Desk Job) Do you have any detail in this job?
Figured I'd come out of lurker status to answer your question real quick.

I'm a Maintenance Management Analyst (currently a database manager) of close to 6 years, which is the "sister" AFSC to yours. We work close together at pretty much every base, so I can give you some info on it.

Your job involves a couple different things. There's the basic scheduling of inspection jobs, scheduled depot maintenance of the aircraft, managing the status of the aircraft (if it transfers to another base, if its broke, etc), and helping to create the flight schedules with that knowledge in mind. Lots and lots of paperwork.

Also, it's possible that you might be assigned to be an engine manager, who basically keeps track of all the engines; such as how often they've been flown, last time they were worked on, next inspection, etc. Basically the same as if you were working with the aircraft itself. I'm not sure how much paperwork is involved with this one.

That's the basic gist of the job, there's a lot more to it that you probably won't really understand til you make it thru tech school.

If you want to know anything else, feel free to PM me.

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
@ Chnorr The job sounds a bit fun but obviously will have much to do with paper work, im fine with that. As long as I have free time to do things i enjoy Im fine.

In general how is the Air Force REALLY like...? Most army guys here said Im smart to pick the Air Force but would never say why. Are the bases nice and are they usually near a nice larger city? And also whats your typical schedule like?
Example: Work from 7-5 etc...
I hope the job doesnt have loong/crazy hours(If it does, hopefully not mon-fri)

Thanks, appreciate the help.