Just how popular are English men with women in the States?

TheGameMaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
As an Englishman, the rumours that chicks dig us for our accents interests me.
So this being a majority American forum, what do you guys reckon?

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't think it's the accent that's going to get you women.

TheGameMaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
and you are so right dude, but I am just wondering if when they realise you are English, they go through a say...5 minute period where they are intruiged because you are English.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The novelty of having a different accent probably would help. It's not just British guys....girls dig Aussie and other "exotic" accents too. There's a friend of mine who was originally from Jamaica. When he was talking with me his accent was a generic North American one. But at parties, he'd really turn up his Jamaican accent and it would get him more attention from chicks.

Hey, use anything at your disposal that might get you an advantage, right?

Of course, don't expect to get laid easily just because of the accent. But it's a good hook.

King Turi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, here in Australia most people can't stand the pommy accent mate, for your sake I hope it's different in America haha..

Seriously, I've been with a chick that actually rolled her eyes and went home because some dude with a pommy accent (a backpacker) came up and started talking to us.
It's just annoying.

The feeling would be mutual no doubt though.

I know American chicks seem to love my Aussie accent though, because I'd had them come up to me (one of my old step dads was an American, and he seemed to deliberately make friends with all other Americans within a 50k radius for some reason) and tell me they love it.
Too bad I personally can't stand the American accent though.
I love the spanish accent.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can do a passable (for American ears) British accent. Definitely your more Estuary English variety (mother was born-and-bred ****ney, father is an Essex man).

It gets you a second look. It won't seal the deal but it makes you stand out and interesting which is half the battle isn't it? Or innit?

Reaction score
Well, in my limited experience, in the Midwest girls pretty much just spread their legs immediately when they meet a guy from Britain.

I have only observed a couple guys from there though, and both could probably be considered alphas.

It's my understanding that Americans are pretty much viewed as slack-jawed dumbassses in most other countries. However, I've heard that in a lot of Asian countries like South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, etc, people go crazy for us. One friend told me how if you go to a bar there you people will practically line up to buy you beer. They all want to have their picture taken with you and talk to you.

King Turi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well that's just it, when you are in a new place, I for one find it extremely easy to come across as "alpha", unintentionally.. but I guess it's because I know I'm never gonna see most these people ever again so I can do whatever I want.
It's different in your home town though, 'cuz everyone knows ya.

ALPHAROMEO

Banned
Reaction score
IT DOES WORK THOUGH

HERE IN france I PUT ON an american accent and i pretend to be lost

women are charmed by my accent it s a fact

they love also to help a lost FOREIGNER THEY DO! so i ask where the station is if there is a good pancake restaurant at the station , if it s better to eat on the train ( always the same questions , the same negs

SO if you are an American try to pass for a FRENCHMAN ( listen to a good FRENCH accent on youtube ) go out on the street and start asking where the station is , if there is a good pancake restaurant at the station etc

use the neal STRAUSSS way of asking for her email ( THE RULES OF THE GAME CHAPTER 20 )
PS do you want to know what my two negs are?

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
King Turi said:
Well, here in Australia most people can't stand the pommy accent mate, for your sake I hope it's different in America haha..

Seriously, I've been with a chick that actually rolled her eyes and went home because some dude with a pommy accent (a backpacker) came up and started talking to us.
It's just annoying.

The feeling would be mutual no doubt though.

I know American chicks seem to love my Aussie accent though, because I'd had them come up to me (one of my old step dads was an American, and he seemed to deliberately make friends with all other Americans within a 50k radius for some reason) and tell me they love it.
Too bad I personally can't stand the American accent though.
I love the spanish accent.
Bugger. I was planning on coming to Oz once I'm qualified. I've lived in Europe all my life, but I can claim Australian citizenship by descent.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The experiences I've have with American women imply to me that they are intrigued by English (or maybe British in general) people.

When I was in Paris on holiday, I had a few girls ask me and from that point onwards insist that I was from London. I'm English but I'm pretty damn far from London, and my accent is massively different from a ****ney or other London accent...But it's probably hard for non-British people to instantly tell the difference in English accents (there are many) just like it is hard for me to differentiate between a New Yorker and a Californian..

This intrigue and interest may partly be due to the romantic view some Americans have of England. In their eyes, you are different and they have some interest in you from the get-go. This is only gonna make getting pvssy easier.

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cr1msonKing said:
When I watch movies, I just love your guys accents!

My friend is Portuguese, but he's really good with accents, I'm talking about GOOD. He can do British, Portuguese, and Irish.

When we go to parties or talk to new girls he'll turn on the accent for a minute and the girls get intrigued.

It'll work for your benefit for the most part, but if you don't much going for you, they'll get bored soon enough. The accent isn't enough for them to go home with you.
hardly anyone speaks like they do in the movies, its just the typical american stereotype. but id think the accent would work in america because they will be intrigued like it has been said before

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a British accent will automatically disarm a lot of b*tch shields. That's the main advantage. Americans just love British and Australian accents. So if approaching in the states, exaggerate your accent even more and girl's ears will probably perk up around you to listen more.

lalahaha

Don Juan
Reaction score
its instant ++ to interest level, however you have to keep it up constantly after that
yeah like there is this old (80's?) bio teacher in my school who's from britain and everyone loves to be around him
and there is a young 20-something irish? (O'Malley) but speaks with a britishy accent and all the girls LOVE him

Evzone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Something exotic/mysterious like a foreign accent is definitely a plus, but you still need to bring the confidence and charisma necessary to close the deal.