Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just how important is C&F really?

manbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it essential? I still don't have a clue how to pull it off. Some help here would be appreciated.

Also, is it always acceptable to use? Because from what I've read its designed to catch hot chicks offguard, you know, get past their ***** shield so to speak. However if I wasn't going after a real hot chick, lets say I was goin' after a 5 or a 6, is it NOT good to use it then? In other words, would a non-hot chick take offense?

Phrost

Don Juan
Reaction score
C&F can be used on anyone. You only have to worry about self-esteem(you mentioned hb 5 or 6) if you're using negs.

manbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah so neg hits and C&F don't necessarily go hand in hand. See, I did not know that. I've read some articles on it but I still have trouble grasping the concept of how to pull this off. Part of my problem picking up chicks is I'm a bit shy, and I think its because I feel like I don't have anything to say thats interesting, but if I could learn C&F that would improve my confidence in regards to talking to chicks, because I'd feel like I'd have a way to make convo with them using C&F to joke around.

manbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys I really need help with this C&F thing.

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
manbearpig said:
Ah so neg hits and C&F don't necessarily go hand in hand. See, I did not know that. I've read some articles on it but I still have trouble grasping the concept of how to pull this off. Part of my problem picking up chicks is I'm a bit shy, and I think its because I feel like I don't have anything to say thats interesting, but if I could learn C&F that would improve my confidence in regards to talking to chicks, because I'd feel like I'd have a way to make convo with them using C&F to joke around.
So you have a date with a girl and she comes in a not-so-casual sexy dress.

a)"Whoa! You're the fifth girl i've seen today in that dress,looks nice though"
b)"So you dressed up to impress me huh? I'm not that easy you know"

a is a neghit,b is c+f.

manbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Both of those sound kinda corny.. are they better depending upon the delivery?

You make it sound like C&F is just about being a smartass, maybe there is something I'm missing here but I tried being funny this way with chicks back in HS and it never worked at all. Does C&F hinge on delivery? Or does it only work if the chick has some interest in you in the first place?

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delivery is what makes it or breaks it.Negs are used to penetrate what you call the b1tch-shield of super hot girls (or better CONFIDENT girls).C+F is mostly used for role reversal and playful flirting.Anyhow these tactics should be the spice and not the material of your game.The most important factor about c+f is believe your bs,because if you don't believe you are the prize and think of c+f as a technique it won't work.

manbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
GloriouslyInsane said:
Anyhow these tactics should be the spice and not the material of your game.The most important factor about c+f is believe your bs,because if you don't believe you are the prize and think of c+f as a technique it won't work.
If I don't believe my own B.S. about what?

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That you are the prize.When asked by a girl "buy me a drink?" to which you reply "I don't buy girls drinks,what about you buy me one?" you know you're trying to project that you're the prize and she should be buying you drinks in order to have your company,BUT if you don't believe this yourself she can't believe it either.Women sniff on bs better than the best trained hounddogs.Same goes when you say "Are you trying to seduce me?" "That's the oldest trick in the book",it's the same with lying,you may not have been "tricked" by girls ever before but if you believe they're after you and you have to beat them with a broomstick to keep them off people will believe this too.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's very important, but I think you should let it develop naturally by having a cool LIFE.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
manbearpig said:
If I don't believe my own B.S. about what?
The difference between a great actor and a terrible one is the ability to put himself "into character". Delivering a line from a script (or a "C&F move") is different from actually conveying the feeling behind it. Women have a finely honed sense of what's a line and what isn't, and if they detect a line, they WILL "break script" to see if you can genuinely keep up with your own bullsh!t or whether you crumble.

In short, if your line is ****y or funny, but your body language says, "This isn't going to work", she gets both signals and the end result is that you look like you're "trying too hard".

However if I wasn't going after a real hot chick, lets say I was goin' after a 5 or a 6, is it NOT good to use it then? In other words, would a non-hot chick take offense?
Why are you pursuing chicks you don't find attractive?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
manbearpig said:
Is it essential? I still don't have a clue how to pull it off. Some help here would be appreciated.

Also, is it always acceptable to use? Because from what I've read its designed to catch hot chicks offguard, you know, get past their ***** shield so to speak. However if I wasn't going after a real hot chick, lets say I was goin' after a 5 or a 6, is it NOT good to use it then? In other words, would a non-hot chick take offense?
I'm curious on what characteristics other guys use if they don't use C/F (be it ****iness or confidence & funny). Also, why not learn these qualities if they seem to be the most effective (at least it is for me).

Confidence/funny isn't something I turn on or off depending on the situation either. It's a part of my character so its always on. Does it work on every woman? Of course not, but then again I'm not interested in every woman. For me a woman that appreciates c/f is more worth my time than one who doesn't.

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're not really a funny guy, that's not the end of the world. I've met guys who aren't funny at all that get laid.

Really, what you need to concentrate on more is whatever it is about you that women find attractive. Kind of like, once you've had your first serious girlfriend, its not that hard to get women attracted to you after that, right? That's because either consciously or unconsciously you figured out with her what it is about you that women tend to like.

So you just take whatever that is, and do it around other women. So if you're not naturally a ****y and funny guy, don't worry too much about it. I know I don't do everything that people talk about on these boards.

For instance, I hardly EVER neg hit a girl. Its just not my style. Plenty of girls don't respond to it. I use it every once in awhile on a girl I think it'll work on, but not that often. Like gloriouslyinsane said earlier, its just one little piece, not the whole thing. You can leave out parts of what people talk about here if it just doesn't suit you.

Instead of figuring out how to do c and f just figure out what your qualities are that women are attracted to, and let those naturally shine when you're around some chicks. It'll feel a lot more natural.

dynamicallyidle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
manbearpig said:

How important is oxygen?

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to model yourself on Clint Eastwood's character in the Dirty Harry movies, John Wayne in his old western's, and Harrison Ford in his Raiders of the lost ask movies, none of them were ****y and Funny, they were Masculine, Confident, and Charasmatic, they all acted like they were the King and as a result the majority of the hottest babes fell for them. :yes:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KoalaKing said:
Try to model yourself on Clint Eastwood's character in the Dirty Harry movies, John Wayne in his old western's, and Harrison Ford in his Raiders of the lost ask movies, none of them were ****y and Funny, they were Masculine, Confident, and Charasmatic, they all acted like they were the King and as a result the majority of the hottest babes fell for them. :yes:
To tell you the truth I find few "interesting" women who enjoy hanging out with these types of guys. Yeah, they say that they are sexy but they are too aloof and they get bored trying to get into their heads.

Women who go for these guys have a stereotypical romanticized idea of how men should be. They are the ones who want to be swept away and "saved" by their knights in shining armor a'la a Harlequin Romance novel. They're happy as long as someone is taking care of them (usually).

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
when i first started, i overdid the c/f to the point that i was turning off girls. my focus was primarily on c/f... i'd write down all c/f lines i could think of and memorize them. during interactions, i'd try to come up w/ spur of the moment c/f lines. being a totally clueless afc at the time, i followed david d.'s advice that "there is no limit" when it comes to c/f. well, from my experiences w/ c/f, there definitely is a limit. never overdo c/f. my interactions improved significantly after i started focusing primarily on the conversation itself and not trying to come up w/ spur of the moment c/f lines. i don't think that c/f is essential, but if done correctly (body language, the way you say it, only sporadically), it will help amplify attraction

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you've gotten to the point of trying to memorize hundreds of ****y and funny routines for every situation then you're already overdoing it before you ever start. C+F too me is something that should just sort of happen in the right moment, trying to force it seems like too much trouble to me.

I do like Deangelo's tip of learning a little of the mechanics of humor though. I have my own personal jokes collection. I probably remember less than 1% of the jokes I created, but learning both humor's construct and delivery has been helpful. You can also invite women to come to open mic night and watch you in action. A lot of women think a guy who's not embaressed to give his best performance is hot. You don't even need to very good, the fact that you did something most guys are too proud to even try makes you excellent. To me that's a hell of a lot more important than running around a bar spitting out Deangelo's attempts at humor writting verbatim. Some his his ideas are good.

Just as an example, check out my homeboy's art page (he used a Deangelo tip):
http://www.geocities.com/coolguyinthesky05/

manbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
Why are you pursuing chicks you don't find attractive?
I'm not. By non hot girls I meant girls that are 5s or 6s(normal range) or below. I'd find a 5 or a 6 attractive, but my question was essentially whether or not LESS attractive(not non attractive period, sorry for the confusion) chicks could actually be repelled by neg hits.

The Forms said:
Really, what you need to concentrate on more is whatever it is about you that women find attractive. Kind of like, once you've had your first serious girlfriend, its not that hard to get women attracted to you after that, right?
I haven't had one yet, but maybe this piece of advice will be more helpful to me in the future.

everywomanshero said:
I do like Deangelo's tip of learning a little of the mechanics of humor though.
Maybe I need to read a book on humor in general. :)

KoalaKing said:
Try to model yourself on Clint Eastwood's character in the Dirty Harry movies, John Wayne in his old western's, and Harrison Ford in his Raiders of the lost ask movies, none of them were ****y and Funny, they were Masculine, Confident, and Charasmatic, they all acted like they were the King and as a result the majority of the hottest babes fell for them.
Interesting.. it may be good to take on 'role models' like this.

Turncoat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen, homie, C + F is simply flirting. It is the spice in a conversation, but if it's too strong it will repel her, and too weak, won't have an effect. Take it in moderation. It's simply making her KNOW you are a naughty boy, not a mean guy.

If she's wearing a short skirt, say "Hey, nice turtleneck...". U don't have to smile with C+F it's simply a tone of voice u take, a serious tone with humor behind it. Think of monty python and their dead-pan dry humour.