Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just got fired...

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...for getting caught on camera making out with the cleaning chick at my job. It was deemed inappropriate activity. I'm going to look everywhere for a job at this point, but obviously getting fired for inappropriate activity is a major red-flag. What's the best way to work around this? And does this make me ineligible for unemployment?

Thanks guys! I wasn't even sh!tting where I eat really, it was just making out. It was like farting where I eat.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhitePimp said:
Thanks guys! I wasn't even sh!tting where I eat really, it was just making out. It was like farting where I eat.
It still stinks.

WhitePimp said:
What's the best way to work around this?
To spell it out: Don't fvck, kiss, touch or flirt with your female co-workers in your next job, unless you don't give a sh1t about your job.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
It still stinks.

To spell it out: Don't fvck, kiss, touch or flirt with your female co-workers in your next job, unless you don't give a sh1t about your job.
Trust me man, I know. I fvcked up and made a huge mistake. But I can't look back, only forward, so there's no use wallowing in regrets and "would'ves and should'ves".

But, now what? How do I get new jobs with this on my back?

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my ex worked at an agency that would staff temp work. One instance, a person their agency placed was caught sending sexual emails and hooking up w/ a guy , so they had to get rid of the girl. They made my ex do it, and she really had nothing to do with it. She said the women they fired cried, which in turn ruined my gfs day. Lame.

The workplace here is very dangerous when it comes to gender stuff. An instance that comes to mind where nothing was even malicious occurred at my first job. "someone who was not named said something that was offensive". No one knew who or what, but we were told as a group to not talk about women. I knew it was me - but I usually keep that talk within the lab where its only guys. However, someone heard through the wall and reported it! yes, its that bad! Since than, I coded everything I said, and never sent anything incriminating through email or texts. Further, expect anything you say to be heard by someone who will report you.

I am sorry to hear you got canned. Whats lame is that what you did was completely innocuous. Our system is retarded. We fire people like you, but *******s on wall street fvck up and they get bonuses off our taxes. Is what you did wrong? No! Maybe should you have been more cautious? certainly given the climate.

Learn your lesson and don't repeat your mistakes. thats about all you can do. good luck

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You try. Apply anywhere you normally would.

If they ask you in an interview, make it clear that you understand what you did was wrong. Don't give excuses, or they will use it as an excuse themselves. If they feel you see what you did was wrong and they can trust it won't happen again, that's your best shot.

That's all you can do right now. Hopefully they will be understanding. What you did wasn't horrible. Yes, it was against company policy, and that's where it hurts you. But, maybe you will find a place not as strict in that respect that doesn't care as much.

Make sure you have positives that you can overcome that negative with. Good luck.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tough break dude. At least you've learned from it which is the best that can happen from this situation.

I wouldn't worry about this being a huge mark against you. Things like this have a way of flowing under the bridge. Until it does fall back on your contacts, network, and try and earn anyway you can.

A few months from now nobody will care about this.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhitePimp said:
And does this make me ineligible for unemployment
Yes and no. You will very likely be denied unemployment for violating company policy but you can appeal the decision. Your chances of winning the appeal are small but it's worth the shot.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Lie on your next job intervew. They didnt fire you, you quit!
Probably a bad idea...I've never been a big fan of lying on anything like that since eventually it comes back to bite you in the ass.

I'm going to try unemployment, although I'm sending out resumes already. I'll take a gig at Burger King for the time being if need be...I need something ASAP!

JT7890

Banned
Reaction score
Burger King? You are 25, what job were you doing before? I would kill myself if I was 25-30 working at McDonalds or Burger King.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely DO NOT lie. If you tell them you quit your last job and they call to verify your last place of employment (they always do) and learn that you were fired, there goes any chance of landing that job.

JT7890

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely DO NOT lie. If you tell them you quit your last job and they call to verify your last place of employment (they always do) and learn that you were fired, there goes any chance of landing that job.
Ummm.....not if it's Taco Bell or Burger King where this guy is trying to apply at. You guys are responding like he's talking about an office position or something. Burger King doesn't give a damn, it's BURGER KING!

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JT7890 said:
Burger King? You are 25, what job were you doing before? I would kill myself if I was 25-30 working at McDonalds or Burger King.
Trust me man, it's the last place I'd want to work. But if I get denied unemployment, my bills (and stomach) keep coming whether I get a job or not. I'll need something that will hire me with minimal hassle just to start getting some money together

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Surely you have some money stored to bay the bills and buy food for a few months?

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean you don't have 6months or a year's worth of living expenses saved. Oh boy...

kidding aside, any way they could have let you resign instead of being fired if it isn't too late. That way, it's easier to get a job and they don't have to pay additional unemployment fees later on. Win-win for everyone.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a quick question. Was this "inappropriate activity" policy ever officially told to you? As in you given training and/or an employee manual and you acknowledging that you completed/received it?

What you did was obviously wrong. However, I've known of cases where employees were caught doing something mildly bad and were able to keep their jobs (or get reinstated) because they claimed that they "never knew" they weren't supposed to do the baddie because their places of employment never had official, written policies.

Just something to ponder...

U

user43770

I think it's safe to say that you aren't going to receive a favorable reference from this place, so why would you consider putting them on your resume? It isn't illegal to leave a former employer off of your application, is it?

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
I think it's safe to say that you aren't going to receive a favorable reference from this place, so why would you consider putting them on your resume? It isn't illegal to leave a former employer off of your application, is it?
That's a good point. It is not illegal to leave it off, but if they find out it could hurt you even more.

However, how long were you working there? A huge gap in employment could be just as bad to some companies.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vatoloco said:
Just a quick question. Was this "inappropriate activity" policy ever officially told to you? As in you given training and/or an employee manual and you acknowledging that you completed/received it?

What you did was obviously wrong. However, I've known of cases where employees were caught doing something mildly bad and were able to keep their jobs (or get reinstated) because they claimed that they "never knew" they weren't supposed to do the baddie because their places of employment never had official, written policies.

Just something to ponder...
Not sure. I don't recall ever seeing it written explicitly. But I worked in security, so following the rules kind of goes hand in hand.

I can't be the only one who's fvcked up on a job was able to collect unemployment. I didn't harm, defraud, or damage the company in any way.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:
That's a good point. It is not illegal to leave it off, but if they find out it could hurt you even more.

However, how long were you working there? A huge gap in employment could be just as bad to some companies.
My manager disagrees with me being fired. I think the HR guy who caught me went over his head to the regional manager. My manager said he'd give me a good reference if needed. I worked there for 4 years so it's pretty impossible to leave a gap that big off a resume.

I swear, you'd think I caused actual harm to anyone/anything with what I did. My job performance was stellar, and I was reliable as hell. One little screwup throws my future in jeopardy. One more lost to the power of the pvssy