Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

just got dumped via text - help me respond!

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pipe007 said:
why you people getting emotional and wasting your time giving advice to this kid?

he posted a question, he good great advice, and he went and did what he thought was the correct action, disregarding all good advice given...

the_stig: Hey guys, my stove is really hot should I touch it?

Sosuave: No I don't think that's a good idea.

NEXT DAY

the_stig: Thanks for the advice, guys! Just got back from the hospital. Man that hurt! So anyway, this coffee is really hot. Should I drink it?

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and what's the first thing everybody does when they see a wet paint sign? :)

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That didn't take long. I resisted the urge say anything thanks to you guys and now she's just texted asking me why I still came over Friday and didn't say anything if I was persuing someone else and it seemed odd. Then she wished me nothing but the best for the future and to take care.

I'll ignore this for a while.. but at what point do I speak up if i'm still interested? I can't have a huge window. Sounds like my silence is indeed bothering her though.

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the_stig said:
That didn't take long. I resisted the urge say anything thanks to you guys and now she's just texted asking me why I still came over Friday and didn't say anything if I was persueing someone else and it seemed odd. Then she wished me nothing but the best for the future and to take care.

I'll ignore this for a while.. but at what point do I speak up if i'm still interested? I can't have a huge window. Sounds like my silence is indeed bothering her though.
Why don't you have a huge window? She's the one who declared her position. You declared nothing (at least you were SUPPOSED to). You have the hugest window of them all.

What even makes you think your window is closing? The chick already broke up with you. You think if you ignore her, she'll somehow break up with you worse?

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You only have 2 options.

You ignore her, she goes away, life goes on.

You ignore her, she begs kicking and screaming for you to take her back.

IMO, that's pretty much it.

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mantis Toboggan said:
Why don't you have a huge window? She's the one who declared her position. You declared nothing (at least you were SUPPOSED to). You have the hugest window of them all.

What even makes you think your window is closing? The chick already broke up with you. You think if you ignore her, she'll somehow break up with you worse?
Well it was only a few weeks but we did get very close emotionally it seemed, sent 1400 texts, etc. She told me some heavy things and I think she still has feelings I can play on.

Strictly curious...would it be smooth if I told her (after a long while of silence) maybe I was the one being persued (I am, but by girls I like less) and since we didn't set limits I was free to date. Take care. Then let her ponder that while I ignore her next volley of texts. Otherwise i'm planning to continue ignoring her and hope she becomes more desperate.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the_stig said:
Well it was only a few weeks but we did get very close emotionally it seemed, sent 1400 texts, etc. She told me some heavy things and I think she still has feelings I can play on.
Stop the presses. A whole 1400 texts ladies and gentlemen. When were you going to pop the question?

Strictly curious...would it be smooth if I told her (after a long while of silence) maybe I was the one being persued (I am, but by girls I like less) and since we didn't set limits I was free to date. Take care. Then let her ponder that while I ignore her next volley of texts. Otherwise i'm planning to continue ignoring her and hope she becomes more desperate.
No. You're missing the point completely. You don't ignore them/move on with your life because you're trying to win their approval, you ignore them/move on with your life because you want to. You don't want this girl in your life, she's an attention wh0re and she's played you like a fiddle. Just move on.

Since I have nothing to lose and want to fvck with her I'm going to say "no worries, ive got my eye on someone else anyways".

Reeks of "Well I never liked you anyways! Neener neener neener!" bull****. But I'm sure you'll come to your senses and listen to everyone tell you that's a bad idea. Of course you would. Why wouldn't you? I mean why even ask for advice here in the first place if you already know you're just going to do th-

I said it and feel REALLY stupid about it now. I can't believe it.
...Wow.

One of my chick friends thought she was way clingy and was joking about posting on my Facebook wall to make her jealous. Told her no way, but game on now! LOL

Why do you even give a ****? Oh wow, she bruised your ego, big deal. It happens to all of us. She's already broken up with you, how long are you going to let her keep playing with your head and getting you to think about her?

Anyway to salvage this??

No, stop being so pathetic. Why would you even want her back, you've already admitted shes an attention wh0re. Do you just have completely no standards whatsoever? This girl sounds like a joke. I'm beginning to think the only reason you even care is because of your ego and she got the better of you, in which case you need to grow the **** up. Learn from the situation and move on.

...But given how well you listen to our advice, I'm sure this is going in one ear and out there other. Enjoy being a chump for a completely undeserving girl.

MurdocNiccals

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Okay no problem :)"

You ****ed her already, she doesn't sound like the sort of girl you could actually love, I personally wouldn't care. You can ask if you can stay ****buddies and if you were good in bed she will say yes.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the_stig said:
Oh 1400 texts? Why didn't you say so? That changes everything.

I'm being sarcastic, in case you couldn't figure that out.

And she told you some heavy things? That means a lot in high school soap operas. It means nothing in adult relationships. Talking means nothing. Honestly. Nothing.

If you're already this weak after only dating a girl for a couple of weeks, I don't think you have the strength to execute your "long while of silence".

Noodles

Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter what anyone else says...you appear set to play some childish games until eventually you grow some dignity and move on of your own accord.

I will give you one piece of advice. When I was 21 I'd just finished University. My girlfriend at the time was in the year below me and we'd been seeing each other for 6 months. Now, I'd played around a bit in my first 2 years on Uni, but I thought she was the one. Life was great. Then I went off to Lympstone to begin my Royal Marine training. Without my constant attention she got bored and decided she wanted to continue playing the field - whilst at the same time emotionally playing me as and when she felt like it. It made an incredibly difficult time even more difficult. Basically she'd used me for my friends and some social status at Uni, and then discarded me when I was no longer useful.

Anyway, fast forward a two years and I've just come back from Kosovo for shore leave and training. She asks me out for a drink and we meet up. She is literally all over me. Suddenly I have become the person she 'always wanted'. Which could well have been true. I was physically and mentally different. But it turned out that the me she'd 'always wanted' didn't want her now. There was honestly no attraction there - I wasn't pretending - I'd moved on with my life. I told her so, paid for my round and walked away. Best decision I've ever made...if two years too late.

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well here it is. Just noticed that she's listed in a relationship on facebook now. She played me like a fiddle. Holy $hit. When she texted yesterday she had the nerve to ask what I didn't tell her if I was interested in someone else. What a b!tch.

Another POF success story. Here I thought she was deleting her profile for me last week. I really want to say something to her but am going to resist the urge. Thanks for being here for me guys.

Last edited:

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just like to see yourself type, don't you?

You're not even listening to anyone's advice. You're in your late 20's and acting like a 16 year old. Can't imagine why this chick wants another dude...:rolleyes:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you seem pretty damn childish. I'd dump your ass too lol. Look at you man the relationship is over. move the **** on. who cares who she is dating she isnt' dating you now. it is what i is. you saw the "signs" and went in and you get pissed when she is what you thought she was.. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE LOL.

do not ever talk to this tramp again.not because it's going to go over smooth, not because it's going to peak her interest, because she's a piece of trash and you can do better. You lived, you learned, everyone is going to screw up. but you have no one to blame if you let the same **** burn again.

BTW, no one ever took the time to tell you where you screwed up. "a few weeks" and you are dating. you are about as much challenge as beating super mario 3 (hey you can transport using the tunnels, can get to level 8 in like 10 minutes). A guy who commits that quick, has no options, and she knows it. A guy who commits that quick isn't "in love" he's desperate. And nothing repels ***** like desperation

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
I'd just roll with something short and unemotional.

"Sounds good. See you around."

You gotta be unshakeable. The less affected by it you seem, the more shi**y she feels.
Perfect response!

One time a girl sent me a text right after a date saying she didn't think things clicked and won't be asking to see me again. I replied, "No problem. All the best."

Long story short, that girl became obsessed with me for about 3 months.

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
Best response to a negative, is no response. Let her wonder what happened to you.