Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

just got dumped via text - help me respond!

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We've only been dating a few weeks but got close fast. Extremely high IL in me. I saw a few red flags that she was an AW but ignored them, stupidly. We texted often and I slept with her on the third date. Everything seemed too smooth and easy.. I notice a subtle change after spending the night Tuesday, she was acting cold last night but said it was just a stressful week. Now I just got a long text saying she wants to take a step back, doesn't know who or what she wants, let's be friends, etc. Quick! How should I respond? I was thinking of just saying it would be best if we cut ties and move on, or no response at all might drive her nuts. We're late 20s. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd just roll with something short and unemotional.

"Sounds good. See you around."

You gotta be unshakeable. The less affected by it you seem, the more shi**y she feels.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beware... BPD or otherwise cluster B nutcase. Eject now, be happy with what you got out of this "relationship" and move on. Proceed at your own risk, but don't make me tell you "I told you so..." after you get hurt or get mindfukked.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WHAT DO U WANT..............do U really want her back...........if so theres a timed window of opportunity.

U already banged her, if U want to next her...........just do so..........NO RESPONSE needed.

Texting IS NOT a replacement for face to face communicaton..........DESPITE what everyone thinks...........its got limitations.

Acting like it aint no biggie is generic advice................text this " lets talk face to face about this".

Women are like that sometimes, just be cool with her decision, no matter what that is. Then move on, immedietly.........dont text it, dont say it, dont think about it...........JUST DO IT (thanks NIKE shoe commercial)........finally advice U can use.

and hey dude, 2011 has just fricken started, U got another 11 months to find a bunch of chics

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:

You gotta be unshakeable. The less affected by it you seem, the more shi**y she feels.
Cosign.

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I have nothing to lose and want to fvck with her I'm going to say "no worries, ive got my eye on someone else anyways". One of my chick friends thought she was way clingy and was joking about posting on my Facebook wall to make her jealous. Told her no way, but game on now! LOL

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
or rise above all that juvenile mentality and ACTUALLY MOVE ON.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS..............SILENCE OFTEN HAS A WAY of affecting people.

On a more realistic note-it kinda hurt a little when she dumped your azz via text. Resist the urge to retaliate is the mark of a TRUE PU ARTIST.

Again, what do U really want from her?

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the_stig said:
Since I have nothing to lose and want to fvck with her I'm going to say "no worries, ive got my eye on someone else anyways". One of my chick friends thought she was way clingy and was joking about posting on my Facebook wall to make her jealous. Told her no way, but game on now! LOL
I mean, it's no big deal, but that just makes you sound hurt. "No worries" sounds more like what you should be saying. Not "No worries. I didn't like you anyway, nah nah nah..."

But yeah, at the end of the day, the relationship is over, so just do what you want.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:

This or no response at all. Indifference is the key.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the_stig said:
Nah - try this...THANK her for dumping you . Yes, that's right !

Your reply - " Thanks, you must be able to read my mind. Good luck."
Then never text or call her again even if she tries to hoover you back in so that she can dump you harder.

iliketennis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DO NOT say "i got my eye on someone else anyway"

just "alright no worries, see you around" or whatever like someone else says

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Do Not Reply

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I said it and feel REALLY stupid about it now. I can't believe it.

She responded to it with "I figured with you hanging out with (female friend) the other night. I said "That's what this is about? Nah thats nothing". She said "It's all good hun really we're cool". I didn't reply to that, she said "ok" a few hours later, didn't reply either it.

That's where I sit. I know she hates being ignored and is a total AW but I probably f'd my chances getting her back, if I had any to begin with. Anyway to salvage this?? Thought i'd act my age and just say the "Sounds good see you around" line now and hope for the best.

ZenoB

Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
Do Not Reply
Stop the texting. Every action you take from this point forwards will make you feel really stupid again. Also, delete her number.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the_stig said:
I said it and feel REALLY stupid about it now. I can't believe it.

She responded to it with "I figured with you hanging out with (female friend) the other night. I said "That's what this is about? Nah thats nothing". She said "It's all good hun really we're cool". I didn't reply to that, she said "ok" a few hours later, didn't reply either it.

That's where I sit. I know she hates being ignored and is a total AW but I probably f'd my chances getting her back, if I had any to begin with. Anyway to salvage this?? Thought i'd act my age and just say the "Sounds good see you around" line now and hope for the best.
So are you going to consider other peoples' advice this time or just ask for help and do whatever you were gonna do anyway?

But seriously...just leave it alone. The path to getting her back is the same path to getting over her. Leave her alone and let her miss you. Let her wonder what you're doing and who you're doing it with. The harder you try to get her, the more she isn't gonna want you.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, too late now but i think 'no reply' would have been the best option.

It probably doesn't matter in the long run but in the short run it most likely
would have gotten under her skin wondering what you were thinking...

BBbardot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the_stig said:
We've only been dating a few weeks but got close fast. Extremely high IL in me. I saw a few red flags that she was an AW but ignored them, stupidly. We texted often and I slept with her on the third date. Everything seemed too smooth and easy.. I notice a subtle change after spending the night Tuesday, she was acting cold last night but said it was just a stressful week. Now I just got a long text saying she wants to take a step back, doesn't know who or what she wants, let's be friends, etc. Quick! How should I respond? I was thinking of just saying it would be best if we cut ties and move on, or no response at all might drive her nuts. We're late 20s. Thoughts?
she seems like she genuilly doesn't want to be with you right now, she is confused, seems honest. Maybe there is another guy involved and stuff.

dont write that melodramatic thing about cuttng ties, she would read that be like "pff why does he need to make it that dramatic, can't he just let it be smooth, i told him i was confused and needed a step back, i dont need to deal with this right now." and you dont want her to think that. just say fair enough and move on. Leave her alone, she might realize she misses you later maybe. keep your dignity and dont write that cutting ties thing.

well actually what i said was just a developement of what iceberg said in a nutshell: "The path to getting her back is the same path to getting over her."

do not be dramatic, be light but act like you got the hint and don't try to put on a brave face either. I'd just say " fair enough..."

read what you wrote her after, are you a troll?
cause now you make it look like youre so cool and go out with tons of girls and that she is jealous and tried to create a drama to get your attention.
sounds too perfect of a story, making yourself look like a perfect don juan, pretending you dont know what going on.
plus you dont even follow the advices...

pipe007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why you people getting emotional and wasting your time giving advice to this kid?

he posted a question, he good great advice, and he went and did what he thought was the correct action, disregarding all good advice given...