Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just Burned Out

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I don't know what it is lately but I just can't get myself to stay on my weekly workouts that was something I loved doing.

I always tell myself I'll workout tomorrow then tomorrow comes and I want to take a nap or just sip some red wine until I got a buzz going. I feel like a useless piece of crap.

Anyone else ever go through this same thing what did you do to get back at it? I am going on another 2 weeks and if I do workout I'll hit it hard then it's like another week or so goes by.

Powerlifter

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing this same thing right now, I haven't worked out in a week. I had a tooth pulled last week, it was a bloody mess and my jaw has hurt like a mfer ever since. So I've been taking vicodin and really don't feel like doing ****. It could be seasonal too- I go to the gym 5 days a week in the winter because there's absolutely nothing going on. In the summer and fall I've got work, farming, Shriner parades every weekend, weddings, meetings, so much crap going on.

Man it's good to take a week or two off sometimes, your body recharges and you feel like a million bucks when you go back to the gym versus worn the fvck out.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your burnt out you need to take a week or two off. Everyone should do this from time to time anyway. Don't even think about training, and then free up the diet a little.

Also make sure you are getting adequate vit d, fish oil, zinc+ magnesium (not oxide). On top of the basic supps, make sure your diet isn't completely s*** and has adequate meat + fruits and veggies.

And when you start training, make sure you are regulating your workouts and intensity properly. If you're rundown, cut back on the volume a bit.

The Proof

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm going through the same thing right now. I just got over a nasty stomach virus, and now my office is moving to another location (right next to a gym). Once all these things settle down i'll get back on the horse.

You just have to make sure you get back on the horse too, maybe working out with a friend can help keep you motivated.

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

I thought about testostrone levels and it wouldn't hurt to get it checked but I stay daily on my fish oil and vitamins never missing a day.

It might be seasonal hot temps sorta rob me of energy a bit. I alway feel bad if I am not working out like I am cheating myself of health and as I write I am saying to myself I'll hit the weights in a couple hours but I haven't gained any unwanted weight as I am the same weight and no big belly problem either coming on.

Guess I should just relax and evidently I'll get back on track.

Again thanks.

Powerlifter

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These guys are presenting many great ideas w/ respect to tightening up diet, supplements, as well as increasing rest.

I'm not sure how you train, but judging from your name, if you're using low rep/high weight schemes that incorporate, 3 x 3, 1 RMs, and other lifts > 80% of your max; then your nervous system has likely taken a beating. Keep in mind neural/neuromuscular recovery can take longer than actual muscular recovery. Sleep, rest, nutrition and stress levels all play a role in recovery of the nervous system. You could even think of training w/ a different paradigm... ei: training more like a bodybuilder, where you use lower weight, but really focus on the contraction of the muscle. I've been doing this for the past few months, along w/ heavy sessions, and I've found that I am less prone to injury.

At your age your testosterone levels are likely on the decline. You could think about getting on AAS, or even lower levels of HRT. If you're from the US, there's many anti-aging clinics that will give you a script for legal test. I know I'm gonna be on cycle indefinitely once I'm in the 40s and 50s!

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your properly right I have been thinking about training like a bodybuilder for awhile now for a lot of powerlifter after awhile go over into this type of training from what I hear I am still studying my options and want to stay fit.

I have trained using all the main lifts Bench, Deadlifts and Squats and I also do Power Cleans which take alot of energy been on the 5x5 when I started loosing my energy.

Is there a supplement that helps testostrone if that is what it is?

Powerlifter

Fuglydude said:
These guys are presenting many great ideas w/ respect to tightening up diet, supplements, as well as increasing rest.

I'm not sure how you train, but judging from your name, if you're using low rep/high weight schemes that incorporate, 3 x 3, 1 RMs, and other lifts > 80% of your max; then your nervous system has likely taken a beating. Keep in mind neural/neuromuscular recovery can take longer than actual muscular recovery. Sleep, rest, nutrition and stress levels all play a role in recovery of the nervous system. You could even think of training w/ a different paradigm... ei: training more like a bodybuilder, where you use lower weight, but really focus on the contraction of the muscle. I've been doing this for the past few months, along w/ heavy sessions, and I've found that I am less prone to injury.

At your age your testosterone levels are likely on the decline. You could think about getting on AAS, or even lower levels of HRT. If you're from the US, there's many anti-aging clinics that will give you a script for legal test. I know I'm gonna be on cycle indefinitely once I'm in the 40s and 50s!

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally use tribulus. Ultimate nutrition makes a fairly cost effective one. Tribulus w/ a good multivitamin that's high in zinc is a good bet. Zinc is a cofactor in the rate limiting enzymatic reaction in the biosynthesis of testosterone.

Personally I'd suggest just getting testosterone cypionate/enanthate or even sustanon shots. Its the cheapest, most cost effective way to increase testosterone and feel like a whole different person. At your age, you shouldn't have any issues getting legal test from a doc... although the doses they give you will be modest.

There's tons of newer supplements on the market that are supposed to help increase testosterone. Retail prices for them are HIGH to say the least... thats' why weekly testosterone shots are a much better option in my opinion.

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK thanks Fuglydude I'll look into this info appreciate it.

Powerlifter

Fuglydude said:
I personally use tribulus. Ultimate nutrition makes a fairly cost effective one. Tribulus w/ a good multivitamin that's high in zinc is a good bet. Zinc is a cofactor in the rate limiting enzymatic reaction in the biosynthesis of testosterone.

Personally I'd suggest just getting testosterone cypionate/enanthate or even sustanon shots. Its the cheapest, most cost effective way to increase testosterone and feel like a whole different person. At your age, you shouldn't have any issues getting legal test from a doc... although the doses they give you will be modest.

There's tons of newer supplements on the market that are supposed to help increase testosterone. Retail prices for them are HIGH to say the least... thats' why weekly testosterone shots are a much better option in my opinion.