Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just broke up with a beautiful woman

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, I've been in a relationship for the past few months. It started off slow, but seemed to be building. She did everthing correctly on the first few dates such as kiss closing, eye contact, kino, everything.

Not only is this woman smart but she's beautiful and very sexy/provocative. She's got a great body and what was delightful was the fact that she liked being naked. I mean, when we walked into either her or my place, she would usually take off all her clothes and leave them on a chair near the door. Nice.

And when we were out, she'd be the first one to hold my hand, or want to kiss me, or hug. Very nice. She always smiled when she saw me and very often insisted on paying half of whatever the date cost us. In the past few months, we spent a couple of long weekends at beach resorts and she insisted on paying at least half.

I said the relationship started slow and although things were starting to warm up in the past few weeks, occasionally she'd seem preoccupied, especially in bed. She just seemed distracted as though she were thinking of someone else. Of course we talked briefly about previous relationships, and one night, just on a hunch I asked "If it were possible, do you ever wish for 'closure' with some old relationships"? I said this feeling like all of my past life is over with and all my old girlfriends are gone. But she said "Yes, I wish I could sit down with my previous boyfriend and just ask him WHY he broke up with me..."

Duh?

Guys, she likes to send some of these 'joke' emails that go around. You know, funny photos, short movie clips the usual stuff. At first, she would send at least one email a day, maybe two to all her friends, with about 10 different addresses on the header. I didn't know who these people were but recently saw her previous boyfriend's email address and thought about going back through the emails. Sure enough, she was including her ex in all her emails.

I confronted her with this, but she said "These were all just joke emails. We're still friends, what's the big deal?" Then I found one from when we had been dating a couple of months, when she took a trip to England to visit her cousin. She sent an email to all her 'friends' (title "Having fun, wishing you were here") describing the great time she was having, then saying "Feel free to send me an email if you feel like it." At the time I got that, I thought "If she had said "RK, if YOU want to send me an email, please do", but because there were all these addresses I didn't recognize, I felt the email was rather impersonal, so I didn't respond.

I now recognize the addresses and there were five of her female friends, and then her previous boyfriend, followed by my address. Sheesh. And as I say, I went back through all her old emails to me, and whenever there was a joke or something she wanted send to all her 'friends', it always included him.

Gosh, what an ego-killer.

In the past few months, she's said and done things occasionally that didn't make sense. I always called her on it, and usually she explained, but sometimes ever the explanation seemed a bit odd. I asked some of my male and female friends and almost everyone said "Dude, you're looking for perfection. Stop being so picky." Especially my female friends who were also friends of hers thought I was being too 'uptight'.

It is true, in the past 8 weeks, I can tell she's really started to show signs I was truly in her life. Starting about 5 weeks ago, when I'd kiss her passionately, I could actually feel her body against mine and hear her deeply sigh as we stopped. It was real. Although sex with her still wasn't the best I've had, it was definitely getting better as well.

Then, this past weekend while she was out of town, I had a chance meeting with her old boyfriend! I couldn't believe it. I actually said "Wow, if I think you are who I think you are, I'm dating one of your ex girlfriends!" We got to talking about her and he was very forthcoming. He said he'd broken up with her about 3 times and that she refused to go. He said she continued to be friends with his parents even though he was dating someone else. I detected that he was getting an ego-rush from her continuing to contact him, even though he said he was 'creeped out' by her actions. He said that earlier this year, (apparently just after she and I had started dating) she got in her car and drove 4 hours to 'drop in' and visit his parents in another state, and that she stayed at their home the entire weekend!

I confronted her about this, and she said "But they said that I could go up and visit them one of these days". I said "I grew up learning that "One of these days is NONE of these days". Unless someone says something like "Please come to our home this Saturday afternoon at 3pm" or equally specific, it's NOT an invitation!" Saying "Drop in some time" is NOT an invitation. It's just being polite in American culture! Her previous boyfriend said his parents are kind people who just want to be nice to everyone and did not know how to tell her NO when she arrived at their home. Weird, huh?

I could go on with all the red flags that have only recently appeared, including the revelation of one big, fat, lie that she told me a few weeks ago.

I know, you're all saying "Yeah, good riddance! What's the big deal! You're a DJ! Why whine over this one!" And you're right. It's just that until I uncovered this stuff, I was really going on the feeling that she was "the one". I'll have a difficult time letting go of memories of that naked body.

D*mn, I hate when this happens.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it's not working out.

Are you sure you're not being a bit too quick to pull the trigger? I can only go by what you've posted and you said there was more, but even so, I get the impression that you've almost been waiting for something like this to show up, and now it has, you're following your old pattern of NEXT. It's almost like your mindset is "Damn.. I didn't want this to happen, but it has, like I thought it probably would, so it's best to finish it now". Which is infinitely better than clinging on to something out of infatuation and blindness, but it's not as good as having the confidence in yourself to see if you can work it out.

You obviously know that you can next her whenever you want, and that's one simple solution when a problem appears, but is nexting also a guard against having to actually work things out with her, which would involve maybe mroe risk than you would like? Relationships are complicated and imperfect because people are complicated and imperfect.

Your friends are right - expecting and demanding perfection isn't realistic. But again, maybe that's another way you defend yourself against getting too deeply involved.

bp1974

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You've done a good job of drawing me into your tale. Now I need to know what the last straw was that made you break up. Did you break up with her because she has a hard time getting over her ex? Her trip was long ago, and there's little chance of her getting back with her ex since he's over her. She's getting more into you and probably getting over him at the same time. Also, how did she take it?

spanky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't jump the gun here, Tekky.

Sometimes it is just difficult for some people to get over their ex.

She enjoys being naked for crying out loud; plus she is beatiful. I am sure there is some room for her in your life.

Driving to the parents house on a random ocassion isn't the craziest thing I have heard someone do because of their feelings for someone.

I know it is an ego crusher to learn all of this but she could just as easily have done these things for you if she had met you before him.

I was in a similar situation a few years back but I found out that the woman just had a lot of room to love a person wholeheartedly and it wasn't easy for her to toss it away after she put the love in.

I was the rebound guy but this woman
eventually loved me more than any woman has ever had and sacrificed so much for me. Her life seemed to have revolved around me. After only a few months of us breaking up, she was in love again with another man. I felt kind of ego-crushed there but again, she just have a lot of room for love. I wish her the best.

I would be afraid of the woman who can just casually toss men aside without a second thought.
I would have a long talk with her and follow my gut.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MDgood
3. There's more women in this world than you can count.
4. SMILE! :D
SamePendo

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you are showing insecurity to her. So you may end up turning her off as well.

Not everybody leaves a relationship because of their own choosing. You may tend to think of them as damaged goods until they get their heads on straight. But consider yourself in the same situation some day. It'd be nice to fine a girl who'll tolerate your brief lapses of focus.

Ser_i

Don Juan
Reaction score
this sucks, I know what you mean, having the feeling like that this could be possible..might be the one...

but that's life... only thing that I do have to say is..

just do what you think is appropiate, but don't hasitate (spl?) either do or do not leave her. no in between ;)

spanky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, wait-
I think RK has a legitimate concern here; don't get me wrong. This is something to be concerned about but I wouldn't do any thing drastic such as get rid of her so easily.

Also, I have learned to never discuss your present girlfriend with one of her exs. He will only tell you things that will get to you. It doesn't mean that he will lie but they tend to not say things such as "oh, Sally was such a great person. I wish I had her for myself again"

It is usually something like- "Man, that b*tch was crazy and I used to find used condoms in her car all the time."'

Every one has skeletons in the closet. Knowing about them is what bothers us.

DJ Chubby

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what..I'm editing my first post and changing my whole stance on the situation..

I had originally stated that he should let her get her straight, talk it over her ex, and come to terms with everything, but I don't see that working out AT all. I had a lapse in judgment to think that girls would behave so coherently.

It is very hard, almost impossible for a girl to find closure...she will keep thinking about him until it ends your relationship anyway.

Just move on man.. Sorry for the bad advice...I kinda related to your post in the beginning and thought that you could make a sucess story out of this because it seemed like she genuinely likes you. And while she probably does, if it's been this long and she's still caught up over the whole thing, who knows how long it will take before she is completely free from her current thinking? And you do not have the time for that.

Again, sorry for my bad advice. I feel embarassed since your story hit home with something that happened to me in which I did the "right thing", but still wonder if I should've given it more time. :(

Last edited:

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't read your whole post... but why would you write something so long about someone in the past? You have to move on, and you aren't doing that by writing about past events.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo, you need to do like Quick says and make with the rest of the story, cos it sounds like the wrong move if that's all there is too it.

wheelin: What exactly is the point of giving someone irrelevant advice when you didn't even listen to the damn story? Most pointless post I've read today - props!

Oscar.

Bungo Pony

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- Are you sure you're not being a bit too quick to pull the trigger?
- I wouldn't jump the gun here, Tekky.
- Well, you are showing insecurity to her.
- This is something to be concerned about but I wouldn't do any thing drastic such as get rid of her so easily.

Almost sounds like these guys are being sympathetic with you RK.

I believe you're doing the right thing here, and here's why:

It's one thing if it's an AFC ex who's still contacting your gf, but it's another if your gf is still contacting her ex. She isn't over him, and she still has feelings for him. She may be dating you in spite of him dumping her. It also sounds like she's trying to cover up the contact that she's had with him. It's good that you've realized this now, or you could have been more hurt in the future when she dumps you, and you realize that all the time she spent with you was just to get back at her ex.

I agree it's bad to talk to a girl's ex. However, it seems that she's the one who can't let go, therefore I'd justify the ex's comments about her.

I now recognize the addresses and there were five of her female friends, and then her previous boyfriend, followed by my address.
I wouldn't read into this much since it may be an address book which put it in this particular order.

In my opinion, you did the right thing. Take the time and actions you need to get over this one. You'll come out stronger than before :)

Donny Brasco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it makes total sense to me.

She's a nice girl, good looking and in to you.

But you sound like she was losing the interest level, and calling her on all of the questionable events in her life makes you look controling and jealous, even though you might not intend to be.

You should move on.

You could try to rebuild the interest level. But I think perhaps she'll either not be interested because she's hung up on the other guy, or worse yet she'll move all her baggage on to you and you'll end up talking to her next boyfriend about how she "creeps you out". She sounds like stalker material.

Sorry buddy. The good news is there's 2,999,999,999 other women in this world. I'll save one for you.

Last edited:

Frosty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she not even worth being a toy or are your feelings too far in to accept that?

She sounds like fun, man. Maybe too fun to give up without good consideration.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she needs to be alone to deal with her feelings for her ex. her heart can never truly be yours until she frees it completely from him.

this does not make her a bad person. so it is ok to still care for her. but if you break it off now, and the simpler the better, while she is truly getting over him, you'll still be in her mind. maybe there could be potential in the future, but now, you gotta let her go...

and do not stick around if you care for her. this will only postpone her healing even longer, and your role will no longer be one of "the ones". you'll just be the rebound.

echo1212

Banned
Reaction score
I think we need a little more detail here RK. What specifically led to the breakup? To me it sounds like she was starting to get OVER her ex and becoming closer to you. Trust me from personal experience it can take varying degrees of time and effort to get over an ex, especially someone who you really loved and who dumped you, like the case with this girls last bf.

Personally, unless there is something else going on here that you didnt tell us about that happened recently, I think you jumped the gun here. Your talking about this girl being the "one" and all of the great qualities she has, and yet your willing to dump her because she wasnt completely over an ex when she met you? That may be alittle to hasty imo RK. Kinda reminds of an episode of sex and the3 city I saw last night (yes I know its probably afc to watch that lol, but it does crack my **** up). Anyway, this bald man and the brunette on the show were having this great relationship, she had even changed her religion for him, when all of a sudden they have one arguement and bam!!!, theyre broke up. Kinda struck me as unrealistic if two people really cared for one another, and in this case it does sound like you do care for this woman.

You and I have swapped posts before, and I generally agree with your theories on women, but I must say that sometimes you may be a little to quick to next a girl, almost like your looking for something wrong with her.

My advice would be to maybe just slow things down with her a little until your sure shes 100% with you, and then go from there. But to totally cut off all contact with her because she was heartbroken and not over her previous bf, welll if we all did that than hardly any of us would date lol. Good luck.

BTw, is this the girl that you had that lunch with and asked her to either become more sexual or get lost???