Judge a Woman Based on Her Friends?

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to know what you guys think about judging a woman based on her friends. If her friends are slutty, having one night stands, having abortions, cheating on boyfriends, staying in abusive relationships, being paid for sex, etc... Do you judge the woman you're with based on what her friends do?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can you not?

If all my friends do crack and hijack trucks making deliveries on saturday night what's the chance i spend my saturdays at church services, followed by spaghetti dinner by the knights of columbus, followed by bingo?

That's right. 100%.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't it make more sense to base things on how she treats you? This just seems to be another way to sidestep qualifying a woman directly.

I'd be interested in how many guys would feel comfortable being judged by the people they keep company. It lends itself to the question whether we are all alike.

Rudra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing how her friends interact with her gives you a shytload of information about that chick. A few seconds of watching them can already tell you volumes about the chick, about her character and value.
Same goes for her meeting your friends and see how they interact with you. So it´s good to meet her friends, and be extremely careful about having her met your friends. You don´t want to be figured out by her, do you?

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Wouldn't it make more sense to base things on how she treats you?
I agree with Francisco. Judge her by how she treats you and others.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The company a person keeps is definitely an indication of character, however it's more important to observe her behavior with them and with you, and with her family as well. Behavior is the only accurate indicator of motive.

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, women are usually just like their friends if there are particular things they all do. It's like a girl I knew said ALL her friends have had one night stands, but not her. She said she never even kissed a guy she just met, but then later -after forgetting the lie - says she has kissed guys she's just met. When being caught in the lie, the intensity of the kiss gets downgraded. Or, she'll try to get by on technicalities, like I knew him for a week, so it's not as bad as a one night stand. Or, they'll say, I've never cheated like my friends have, because they don't count the 1 1/2 day break up and the sex they squeezed in with a guy they really wanted.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny, my two best relationships ever, BOTH of these girls had a FUKKED up best friend.

First one bordered on mental instability. I think it had more to do with her being jealous of my girl having a good relationship and the fact that I "took her away" from their friendship. A friend of mine went on a date or two with the friend, I think her name was Esmerelda, and he got his own taste of the wicked witch, so I know it wasn't just me!

The other one was a mature 21 yr old with an IMMATURE 18 yr old friend. Can you imagine having to hang out with an immature 18 yr old? Yea, it was that bad.

To answer the question......I would take note of a woman's friends, but I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker.

A chick I dated last year has a, lets just say "promiscuous" best friend. I actually like the girl and all, got along with her great, but with a friend who sleeps around/abuses drugs/treats men like sh!t/etc. is always going to have at least SOME influence on your girl. I even remember when we were first hooking up, she was in another city visiting the best friend about 2 hours away from me, and she calls me up kinda freaking out because her friend had left her with some random dudes that night. So yea, I wouldn't disregard it altogether.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't it make more sense to base things on how she treats you? This just seems to be another way to sidestep qualifying a woman directly.

I'd be interested in how many guys would feel comfortable being judged by the people they keep company. It lends itself to the question whether we are all alike.

actually, ive argued that the last thing you should use to assess a womans quality is how she treats you. the biggest female sociopaths / bipoloars will treat you like a king to suck you in.

always judge by how she treats people who don't have anything she wants.

as for judging by the friends. for the most part id say thats a very good indicator of who she is. there are exceptions to this rule however... for instance if she has known someone for 20 years. also, her profession should be taken into consideration - if shes a stripper its no surprise if she hangs out with strippers, and its possible that she's a good stripper (ie. no drugs, no casual sex, she just does it for the money) and as such isn't like her friends.

but as a general rule the crowd she hangs around with does say a lot about her personal preferences.

what we surround ourselves with in life does say something about who we are.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
joekerr31 said:
always judge by how she treats people who don't have anything she wants.
That was exactly what I meant when I said "others".

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You're right: it very much depends on WHY someone is friends with someone else.

Maybe you a friend who's does coke, but you're helping him thru rehab... and the like.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I at times get baffled by this problem as well. Should we judge people, be it men or women, based on those tey associate themselves? After all, are we not attracted to women based on their immediate ******d appearance? Should we not be able to deduce from their appearance weather they are best fit for us and not? Judging women based on her associate is, at times, legitimate. It helps narrow down your selections. If, for example, you like an outgoing person, you'd find a woman ho associates herself with outgoing friends. If her friends are outgoing and they repeatedly engage in 1-night-stand, and she is an outgoing person and consistently maintained never engaged in 1-night-stand, chances are she is not telling the truth.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
I at times get baffled by this problem as well. Should we judge people, be it men or women, based on those they associate themselves?
What is that old saying - "Birds of a feather flock together . " ?

It is true enough to give you a guide to who and what a woman is under her facade.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
actually, ive argued that the last thing you should use to assess a womans quality is how she treats you. the biggest female sociopaths / bipoloars will treat you like a king to suck you in.
And dont forget the sham behavior of the BPDs and the HPDS and the NPDs -all Academy Award winning actresses.
Eventually these losers all give themselves up.
I "test " them real early in the piece these days . The 'test' is simple - Just say NO to something that they want.
If they go nutso or get nasty - dump her - you are dealing with an emotional vampire.

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
judge her with your GUT.

Reaction score
MR_PERFECT said:
I want to know what you guys think about judging a woman based on her friends. If her friends are slutty, having one night stands, having abortions, cheating on boyfriends, staying in abusive relationships, being paid for sex, etc... Do you judge the woman you're with based on what her friends do?
Of course!! There is a common thread that binds them together, one of values! A woman will always treat a man that she wants in a good positive manner, for a while! But then her true self will be revealed once she no longer values you! Yes, judge people by how they treat others that they expect nothing from! But don't be so blind that you miss the obvious! People ALAWAYS gravitate towards those with the same general values and interests and who they are comfortable with!! Her minimum standards of sociability and compatibility are flawed to be associating with such vile!!

I

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
MR_PERFECT said:
It doesn't matter if she IS a better person than her friends NOW. The more time you spend with someone, the more their thoughts, ideas, and attitudes will begin to "infect" you. Unless your willpower is very strong, the mix of people you spend time with will eventually approach equilibrium. So yes, if her friends are "shady" like that, I wouldn't put too much faith in her. Women aren't known for thinking for themselves.