Jophil. Must read especially for Master DJ's.

countermart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cancer takes another one. I never met Jophil except through this forum but his comments were spot on and he helped me when I was way down. Thank you, Mate.

Countermart

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5string,

I'm so sorry to hear about this! I know you mentioned to me over our PM chat that you were worried about Jophil since you hadn't heard from him and I didn't even realize he was in such poor health.

Hope all is well and your doing okay bro.

Hit me up if you need anything!

PIMP

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimp-sicle said:
5string,

I'm so sorry to hear about this! I know you mentioned to me over our PM chat that you were worried about Jophil since you hadn't heard from him and I didn't even realize he was in such poor health.

Hope all is well and your doing okay bro.

Hit me up if you need anything!

PIMP
Hey Pimp

I'm fine. Have to say though, this took me by surprise. I'm still shocked. He never mentioned to me how ill he was. He was a private man and I imagine he just wanted to keep it to himself. What a guy huh?

Life takes some strange paths. I have lost some very close friends lately. Their passings have caused a great deal of pain for me. Two were suicides and two more were of natural causes. All in their 40's and 50's, families, wives, kids. Just does not make sense. The world is a place where the unexpected happens, yet we go on and move forward putting one foot in front of the other. I suppose that's exactly the way it should be.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
Hey Pimp

I'm fine. Have to say though, this took me by surprise. I'm still shocked. He never mentioned to me how ill he was. He was a private man and I imagine he just wanted to keep it to himself. What a guy huh?

Life takes some strange paths. I have lost some very close friends lately. Their passings have caused a great deal of pain for me. Two were suicides and two more were of natural causes. All in their 40's and 50's, families, wives, kids. Just does not make sense. The world is a place where the unexpected happens, yet we go on and move forward putting one foot in front of the other. I suppose that's exactly the way it should be.

Well said Walt, couldn't agree more.

I've been through my share of stuff in my life, things that have made me view life through a different lens. I guess part of this is maturity and wisdom and part of it is learning.

Jophil was an interesting poster, definitely will be missed and its very admirable that he didn't look for sympathy by disclosing his personal situation.

God bless, hope your doing well with everything else and def keep in contact.

PIMP

SmackinIsaiah

Don Juan
Reaction score
RIP Jophil, you were the first person I came to privately about my problems, and the advice you gave and knowledge you imparted will never be forgotten. Thank you.

Dagwood

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats very sad news. Been on and off the board for about 10 years, and Jophils comments have always been a must read to me. RIP, Jophil, земля тебе пухом!

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been away for awhile and coming back and reading that we lost our good friend Jophil is a hard pill to swallow. Jophil had much insight into women but for someone to not mention his battle with cancer makes me even more honored to have passed his way and knowing him on this forum.

Jophil was only 2 years older than me still a young man. It should really make anyone to make each day you live the the best and not take it for granted.

Rest in peace Jophil, your spirit still lives on and you are a true testament of what a real MAN should be.

Powerlifter.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm saddened.
I'm shocked.
I'm mad at myself.

During a good part of 2010, jophil and I had good banter both on the forums and in personal messages.

During 2011, I worked a lot more on myself and got away from the forums and it now hit me how I let some of the interactions with some forum members dissolve, specially with jophil. He was like a father/uncle/brother to many of us.

Because of him and many other DJ's on the Mature Men forum, I decided to embrace life and step away from the forums and live it. I will continue to do the same and this is a reminder of the "why".

I will miss him greatly.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would like to thank 5string for posting and to the mods for making the sticky for the rest of us to find this thread so fast.
i have not been online in a while do to getting our home projects and was unaware of jophil's passing until today.

first of all, it is hard to think of words to express how tragic it feels to lose a very important part of our community. (i mean it isn't everyday that we find out that the reason someone hasn't posted recently was because they died. )

the whole forum owes gratitude to 5string for sharing his personal friendship and corresponce with jophil with the rest of us and for jophil's lady for taking a moment to write 5string in the first place. (honestly, we never know what happens to someone when they leave a forum. we don't know if they got tired of our site and left or if something tragic happens to them. it really goes to show how much she loved and respected him to share what happened with 5string because she knew how tight they were.... and i am glad he had someone by his side that loved and respected him when it was his time to leave this world. he deserved that.)

jophil rocked. we all loved his posts. he gave great advice. he never hesitated to take a new brother under his wing and help guide him to a better path. he was a true dj and we were all honored to have known him through this forum.

rest in eternal peace,where pain can never touch you again my brother.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever I needed some guidance I always PMed Uncle Jophil. I had no idea he was battling such a disease, he always kept his problems to himself and tried to be helpful to everyone.

It's sad that he's not around anymore. I don't know the guy as well as some of you, but I will miss him the same.

RIP Uncle Jophil, I hope you enjoyed your time here.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RIP Jophil. Thank for your wisdom and time on this forum.

Z Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
It can be easy to forget that behind walls of text on the screen and the exchange of ideas, are real, living persons with their own trials, health, motivations, and unique view of the world tempered by experience.

I agree jophil was one of these experienced souls whom contributed many wise words over the years and constructive criticisms.

On the surface, this thread is a collection of people's thoughts on how jophil affected their lives for the better, amongst the endless sea of Internet addresses with forums of all tastes and interests, lost unless you know this forum, unless you know jophil through his words.

When you go deeper, this thread reminds us of the impression that one person among many had on those of us here who were fortunate to converse with him and glean knowledge from his sage advice.

I didn't agree with all of his philosophies, but that isn't the point. He made his mark here while he lived and he will be remembered after his passing as long as his words can be found here and elsewhere, and his friendship to those of you here who knew him better.

Let us all live our lives to constant improvement of ourselves and our relationships with others, that we may be remembered in a similar way when our own time is up.

DJ SO STEVE

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't visited the forums in a while as I'm in a relationship but every now and then I like to take a peek and see what you guys were upto. This news was very surprising to me same like everyone else. We often don't get too personal with people on Internet forums. I wish I came back to the forums a lot sooner than I did.

Before I go to bed right now @ almost 3AM, I will say a prayer for him.
I know you're in a better place and you're always smiling...

Goodnight...

The Grue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I logged in to the forums after some time only to learn of Jophil's passing....a loss to all of us. RIP Jophil, you will be remembered...

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As "on and off" as i've been on this forum within the last few years, it really bothers me to hear this news. A classy and intelligent guy who was willing to give me personal feedback when i needed that was so honest and to the point. ALWAYS ENCOURAGING AND SO OPEN, SO HARD TO FIND A PERSON LIKE HIM IN THIS DAY AND AGE. You will be deeply missed and never forgotten. Rest in peace... my friend

- Kingbeef

BobMo'

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been away for a few months. I'm sad to learn that SoSuave users won't be getting his insights any longer.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a note to advise you guys that I had written to his girl and she has yet to respond. I'll let you know if she does. Damn I miss that guy.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks mate.

Was just reading a bumped thread a couple days ago and saw possibly my last banter with him... :( Once again he warned me about the caring professions and particularly the "save the Aboriginals" chicks, and he was dead right about that particular one I mentioned.