Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Joining an Improvisational Class and it's benefits

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was persuaded to join a Improv Class, I'm going to see whats up this coming, Monday, tommorow, atleast it gets me a little more social and possibly will help me in the long run with thinking on my feet, spontaneity, be wittier and it gets you de-sensitized to engaging other people in interesting and unique ways.

SS Members here ever been to or currently at Improv Classes?

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish I could. Where I live there's not such things as comedy clubs or improv. I might try it next time I go to Los Angeles.

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've finished a basic improv course just a month ago. It was at first a bit strange to have all those eyes on you, even though it was just a small group of 12 ppl in the class or so. But there's warm up accessories that the class does to get you used to being up at the center of the attention, so I thought that was great.

The idea is to build the scene WITH your scene partner(s), which I found hard since I enjoy naturally veering off track just for the sake of randomness. It can be hard whenever you're stuck in a part of the scene where you just draw a blank (thankfully didn't happen to me, but eventually it does to everyone). That's an opportunity for you to acknowledge that awkwardness up front and somehow spin it around as a observational joke etc. So this would help in real conversations etc.

Overall good experience, though it was a more artsy environment. Nothing wrong with that at all, as I enjoy creativity. Just that the "artistic" lifestyle is very idealized by the common artfolk.

Best thing was my improv teacher didn't really like me, but I chalk it up as because she was probably a man-hater (she slipped a clue during a lesson).