Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jock Itch. Fastest way to get rid of it!

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know, dumb question, BUT this summer here in FL has been more brutal and humid. My business I'm not working in AC and I'm sitting in a chair a lot sweating. I'm also working out in the garage more with my exercise bike instead of working out in my house so I sweat more to lose weight get in shape faster. The last couple weeks I got jock itch in my crotch and in my buttcrack, seems to spread a tad to my waist line. I bought some jock itch anti fungal cream I started last night. The buttcrack feels a bit better when I sit down but I still have the itchy feeling all over.

I didn't get jock it much in the past. When I was a kid when I still wore underwear instead of boxers I'd get it real bad sometimes in the summer.

Any of you other guys struggling with it?

My dad used to tell me in Nam they'd get that stuff really bad and would call it Jungle Rot.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Anti-fungal spray or cream that is specifically made for jock itch. If I am not mistaken it's basically the same thing as Athlete's Foot just in your crotch.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anti-fungal spray or cream that is specifically made for jock itch. If I am not mistaken it's basically the same thing as Athlete's Foot just in your crotch.
I got that. Was going to get some power too to keep it dry and all the stores out of it. Basically it's the same thing. Bike riders get it a lot too in the crotch from sitting and sweating.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
If you can get your hands on ketaconizole it’ll clear it up fast. If you cannot then the creams women use for yeast infections will work, just slower. Like monostat 3.

Keep clean and dry, use a Castile soap, not a detergent one, go commando in loose fitting pants if you can for a few days. Wash every few hours and if you cannot get body wipes and use them religiously.

Even Dawn brand dishwashing soap works, small quantity on a cloth rag with warm water, dry thoroughly each time, use a hair dryer if necessary.

Once the irritation sudsides use a barrier like aquafor to cover your junk, it’s waterproof.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I would only use aquafor once this outbreak is resolved. Dry and clean and anti-fungal are the only things he should focus on for now.

if you can wear hydrophobic underwear if you do wear it, like stuff that breathes. Most microfiber skivies will work. Like CK briefs, but commando is better.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can get your hands on ketaconizole it’ll clear it up fast. If you cannot then the creams women use for yeast infections will work, just slower. Like monostat 3.

Keep clean and dry, use a Castile soap, not a detergent one, go commando in loose fitting pants if you can for a few days. Wash every few hours and if you cannot get body wipes and use them religiously.

Even Dawn brand dishwashing soap works, small quantity on a cloth rag with warm water, dry thoroughly each time, use a hair dryer if necessary.

Once the irritation sudsides use a barrier like aquafor to cover your junk, it’s waterproof.
Thanks! Even getting into my car is brutal down here this year with the humidity when it's sitting outside all day. We've been getting dewpoints around 80 a lot. Most of our days this summer the heat index has been like at least 108 many days here in FL. Even this winter most of our days highs were in the 80s.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi I_Have_BDE,
Yes I am a long time sufferer too,most Push Bike Riders are...The one thing you must avoid,delicious as it seems,is to scratch,never break the surface on it...Going FreeWilly in loose pants helps,Shower regularly,when you have pat dried apply the vaguest smear of vaseline based Kenacomb,on subsequent itching,apply Something like Stopitch ....Air your Towels daily in the Sunshine...A Mate has a particularly pernicious varient of this,seems it is a form of ringworm,have to see the Quack for that..Good Luck!

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember as well that jock itch and athlete's foot occur because they're good environments for fungus to thrive in, heat and moisture. Take it a step further than simply drying the area diligently with a towel. After a shower, get out a hair dryer and hit the area with cool air for 3 minutes (because hot air encourages sweating). We overestimate just how dry you're getting the affected area via towel drying alone. The drier you keep the area, the quicker you make the area toxic for the fungus.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The drier you keep the area, the quicker you make the area toxic for the fungus.
That's also why I recc baby powder, if it keeps the sensitive skin of babies free of diaper rash, it also helps against adult rashes.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Amsterdam,
Everyone is different,using Talcum powder is not that good for me,tends to crust...Back in the Day when I was in the Army they gave us something called M&B Powder from England it was sudden death on both Jock Itch and Athletes Foot maybe still sold in Europe? We also used to get Prickly Heat,an all over itchy rash,drove us mad,one of the "Old Sweats"told me,never wear undergarments and take plenty of Salt.Some Guys bought String Vests,like Fishing Net,swore by them,the Army issue being cheap coarse cloth.
Obelisk's suggestion on using a Hair Dryer,would seem to hold promise....Pat dry,never rub effected areas with your towel just breaks through the surface crust.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happynuts2.webp.jpeg
Back in the Day when I was in the Army they gave us something called M&B Powder from England it was sudden death on both Jock Itch and Athletes Foot maybe still sold in Europe?
M&B 693 was one of the first generation of sulfonamide antibiotics. It was discovered by Lionel Whitby at the British firm May & Baker Ltd and logged in their Test Book on 2 November, 1937 under Code No M&B 693.

During the aftermath to the disastrous convoy SC7, in October 1940, Surgeon-Lieutenant John Robertson, RN, of HMS Leith, saved the life of Commodore Lachlan MacKinnon, from the torpedoed Assyrian, who had developed pneumonia, by giving him M&B 693, despite Robertson never having used it before and not knowing the required dosage.[2]

M&B 693 was successfully used to treat Winston Churchill's bacterial pneumonia.[3][4]

The same source records that in 1944 M&B 693 also saved Nero, the Royal Circus lion, from pneumonia.[5]

It could either be taken in tablet form or the powder could be placed in wounds. It was used so widely during the Second World War that May & Baker had difficulty keeping up with demand. It was later largely superseded by penicillin and other sulfonamides.

It seems like they experimented on you army guys. That stuff is now reserved for veterinary use. :eek: :cool:

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Amsterdam,
How very interesting,seems those of us who used it were in exalted company indeed....very effective medication but never been able to find subsequently...Now you have told me the magic ingredient,Sulfonamide 643 I will ask my Quack...Thanks for that,I will keep you and the forum of developments.

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The hair dryer technique really does work for me. I came across the suggestion to tackle toenail fungus and applied it to my feet and crotch during the summer months. It really does help to make the environment less suitable for fungus to grow in (at least in my case). It is easy to overestimate just how "dry" you're getting the area with a towel alone (let alone that you most likely used the towel to dry your entire body). Quick and easy for me and I never have to use anti-fungal cream these days.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to be careful with the anti-fungal cream as some can he very bad for your liver, your skin absorbs it leaving your body to process it.