Job interview

Prodoge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a job interview a few weeks back which was for an 18 week long work experience in a company which is part of my engineering course.

Basically interview went really well, the department manager and the guy i am going tl work with were really nice and I felt relaxed during the whole interview. The manager explaned what my task would be and asked if that was fine with me. After that we shook hands and i had the position.
Aftewards he added that they interviewed multiple other students that they would have to contact to tell them the internship was taken. That means they decided to take me during the interview and not others.

This makes me believe that I must have left a good impression in the way I handle myself.
What can I use from this experience to build on when it comes to women ? Because I must have done something right during the interview

jboyd5

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a job interview a few weeks back which was for an 18 week long work experience in a company which is part of my engineering course.

Basically interview went really well, the department manager and the guy i am going tl work with were really nice and I felt relaxed during the whole interview. The manager explaned what my task would be and asked if that was fine with me. After that we shook hands and i had the position.
Aftewards he added that they interviewed multiple other students that they would have to contact to tell them the internship was taken. That means they decided to take me during the interview and not others.

This makes me believe that I must have left a good impression in the way I handle myself.
What can I use from this experience to build on when it comes to women ? Because I must have done something right during the interview
I am guessing off of the experience that you were prepping for your interview a lot more than you would be talking to women. You will usually expect, or have some idea of what will be asked in an interview. An interview is also much easier since you are not leading the conversation, you are simply answering.

When I know I will be talking to a certain girl of interest, I will imagine her laughing at something I say. Picturing negative outcomes will lead to negative outcomes, and you will lose confidence in the approach.

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Start slow and work your way up. When go to target/starbucks or wherever try try chatting up the girls that work there. Then when get more comfortable chat with the girls in those places. The biggest regret you can have is not really going for what you want.

If you wanted that job, but were afraid to interview, you have fault. If you wanted a job and went and didnt get it. Nobody's going to blame you. It's the same with girls. What's the worst thats going to happen? She's going to make fun of you for trying?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed, an interview is a lot like a date. You dress sharp and try to impress someone important to you. You ultimately want them to submit to your demands, but first they will put you through a deliberate series of tests to see if you pass theirs. They have watched countless other candidates before you flop and they are expecting you to flop also. You want to be the best, the one they choose out of many, many candidates. You need to hold eye contact and build rapport. You also need to play hardball and be willing to walk if you don't get the terms you want. With jobs, always send a follow-up thank you note. With dates, always wait for theirs before proceeding.

Use the experience to rest assured on your next date that you impressed more important people.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sticking to your guns always helps your cause. I was between gigs a few years back went to a job interview with a large retail company I think it was a scrum master gig. Didn't get the job and have a couple of weeks later I had 3 offers on the table. I walked out of that one happy that I had performed well and I felt that the client was a bit confused in what they wanted. Couple of years later an Agent contacted me for a job at the same place and said they remembered me. Girls are much the same never be afraid to kick their ass to the curb for bad behaviour they will respect you for it. Remember your self respect as always worth more than than vag. Half the people in the world have one you'll get that soon enough

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and I felt relaxed during the whole interview.
You just said it yourself. I cannot overstate how important leaning back, having open posture, and relaxing is around women to make them feel comfortable and to make them feel like they are in the presence of a man who knows how to behave around women and who is successful around women.

This will do half the job for you without you having to open your mouth...actions and body language speak very loudly. Far louder than whatever you could say.

Congrats on the job, btw!

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just said it yourself. I cannot overstate how important leaning back, having open posture, and relaxing is around women to make them feel comfortable and to make them feel like they are in the presence of a man who knows how to behave around women and who is successful around women.

This will do half the job for you without you having to open your mouth...actions and body language speak very loudly. Far louder than whatever you could say.

Congrats on the job, btw!
So being calm and relaxed will be better than being stiff and "dominant"?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think so. If u can get to a place of watchful calmness not unplugged but letting the scene wash over u. A lot of the other advice we give here plays in. The guy who's 120 kilos of taught muscle and moves through the room like a panther. Girls r unlikely to assume he's quiet because he s timid. And if she does when you casually bat away a couple of s*** tests she ll soon reconsider.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Top Bottom