Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

JM MARQUEZ and MANNY PACQUIAO tonight

Who will win?

• Manny Pacquiao

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • JM Marquez

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going with Pacqiao just because he's of the same blood as me :D

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
People still watch boxing :D ? With all this MMA stuff you got to wonder. I haven't been following boxing in some time, so I couldn't make my prediction. Maybe if I looked at their records. You can usually get a good sense who's the better fighter by their wins to losses and knockouts.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who in here actually saw it? Pinoy power pride, going for the more popular fighter is not enough.

I am in Las Vegas now. Had a chance to go to the fight. Marquez clearly won the fight, close, but convincing win. Pressed most rounds, landed more punches, more power punches, more jabs, was busier, hurt Pac badly a couple of times.

Pac made it closer by coming back with that knockdown, yet Marquez edged him. Pac doesn't want another one. So up next, we are getting a "who cares" fight against David Diaz.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
Who in here actually saw it? Pinoy power pride, going for the more popular fighter is not enough.

I am in Las Vegas now. Had a chance to go to the fight. Marquez clearly won the fight, close, but convincing win. Pressed most rounds, landed more punches, more power punches, more jabs, was busier, hurt Pac badly a couple of times.

Pac made it closer by coming back with that knockdown, yet Marquez edged him. Pac doesn't want another one. So up next, we are getting a "who cares" fight against David Diaz.
Right on brother. I've been posting boxing threads here as of late with minimal replies and interest, so I didn't comment on this one.

I lost $200 on Marquez, he was a terrific bet at +200. Perhaps that line was a trap and the books knew that Pac was going to get the win if it went to the judges, and inflated the Marquez line to encourage the public to back the loser in a fixed decision.

Draw at best for Pacquiao. I see Marquez as having two close, but clear wins over Pac. The problem for Marquez is he's not as profitable as Pac, and is being used to put Pac over and build his stupid "Mexican Assassin" reputation. I guarantee to you in the promotion of the Diaz fight, they are going to replay his KDs of Marquez a billion times with a voice-over claiming he's dominated all Mexican fighters, and now Diaz is fighting for national pride.

Fukn garbage. I made the right bet, the crooks took it away from me. Silly me for being so naive. HBO was absolutely disgraceful in their commentary and the belittling questions they asked Marquez post-fight.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marquez's cut on his right eyelid was disgusting, I literally squirmed when I saw skin fall out of it.

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
Technically

Manny won the last fight because the judge who scored the fight 113-113 was an error, it was supposed to be 114-113 for manny because of all the knock downs.

You know why jmm was going to lose...
Though im from the same country as manny, i like to quote what floyd mayweather said before the hatton fight.

If they fall once... They will fall again!

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bbestar said:
Technically

Manny won the last fight because the judge who scored the fight 113-113 was an error, it was supposed to be 114-113 for manny because of all the knock downs.

You know why jmm was going to lose...
Though im from the same country as manny, i like to quote what floyd mayweather said before the hatton fight.

If they fall once... They will fall again!
Except that Manny was really hurt in the rematch. It is not wether they fall that counts, its wether they can get up from adversity and continue to battle that counts. They all fall, not all can bounce back up and administer a beating to their opponent. Tyson fell and couldn't get up and win. Marquez, fell, and got up fighting, fearless.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
Right on brother. I've been posting boxing threads here as of late with minimal replies and interest, so I didn't comment on this one.

I lost $200 on Marquez, he was a terrific bet at +200. Perhaps that line was a trap and the books knew that Pac was going to get the win if it went to the judges, and inflated the Marquez line to encourage the public to back the loser in a fixed decision.

Draw at best for Pacquiao. I see Marquez as having two close, but clear wins over Pac. The problem for Marquez is he's not as profitable as Pac, and is being used to put Pac over and build his stupid "Mexican Assassin" reputation. I guarantee to you in the promotion of the Diaz fight, they are going to replay his KDs of Marquez a billion times with a voice-over claiming he's dominated all Mexican fighters, and now Diaz is fighting for national pride.

Fukn garbage. I made the right bet, the crooks took it away from me. Silly me for being so naive. HBO was absolutely disgraceful in their commentary and the belittling questions they asked Marquez post-fight.

Totally agree about the Diaz build up. David Diaz is a good fighter, not a great fighter, not from the same cloth as Manny or Marquez. Manny might be a star, but they won't be able to sell the fight with a fighter like Diaz. Manny, as big a star as he is, needs a big name to sell. Marquez, Barrera, Morales were all established stars in their own right. Diaz is not. Only fighter that can carry a big promotion on his own is DelaHoya, and even he is fighting on regular HBO, as his fight against Steve Forbes wouldn't sell on ppv the way most of his fights sell.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The nonsense has already started:

"Manny Pacquaio has several nicknames, but after his string of success over Mexican fighters, "The Mexecutioner" works best."

:down: That's the preview to Dan Rafael's insider blog.

His 1st win over Barrera was very impressive, his wins over Morales were good but he lost to the absolute prime Morales, and he lost two close but clear decisions to Marquez, even at 34 years old. Pacquaio is going to be remembered as a destructive Tyson-like tornado, but those of us who lived in his era will know that's crap. It's disrespectful to belittle his opponents like this.

Rafael should start reporting pie-eating contests, he knows a lot more about that than boxing.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
Except that Manny was really hurt in the rematch. It is not wether they fall that counts, its wether they can get up from adversity and continue to battle that counts. They all fall, not all can bounce back up and administer a beating to their opponent. Tyson fell and couldn't get up and win. Marquez, fell, and got up fighting, fearless.
In fairness to Tyson, he took a severe beating against Douglas. I remember Douglas landing a ridiculous uppercut and Mike staying up, only to take another 3-4 undefended power shots before finally dropping. Most guys wouldn't have stayed up that long.

He also took his beating from Lewis like a champ, and could've justifiably fell much earlier.

But yes, from a career perspective, Mike did get knocked down and never got back to the top. He did mentally crack, I agree.

And yes, Marquez showed incredible guts to survive that first round. Those were 3 clean straight lefts on the chin, and Marquez didn't just clinch and flop all over the place, he legitimately fought back and took risks. In the 2nd fight the round was almost over so it wasn't as impressive.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm philippino like Manny too. He's many a persons hero but not really me, he looks like a rat. All he's got going for him is his stamina which is great for boxing, but he'll need more strength if he really is gonna fight Hatton like they say. One person that can strengthen him is his trainer Justin Fortune who lost to Lewis but didn't give a fukk. If he can instill more of that attitude in Manny...we'll be in for a crazy show.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
The nonsense has already started:

"Manny Pacquaio has several nicknames, but after his string of success over Mexican fighters, "The Mexecutioner" works best."

:down: That's the preview to Dan Rafael's insider blog.

His 1st win over Barrera was very impressive, his wins over Morales were good but he lost to the absolute prime Morales, and he lost two close but clear decisions to Marquez, even at 34 years old. Pacquaio is going to be remembered as a destructive Tyson-like tornado, but those of us who lived in his era will know that's crap. It's disrespectful to belittle his opponents like this.

Rafael should start reporting pie-eating contests, he knows a lot more about that than boxing.
Yes, Rafael is not skinny!