Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

jim morrison: the perfect don juan?

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't know if you ever watched oliver stone's the doors? well, val kilmer's jim morrison is the perfect don juan, isn't he? he's quite ****y and extremely funny... i think he acts just like me... unfortunately, that's just a movie and in reality, bein' so clownish doesn't work:-( unless you're drunk, people think you're just stupid... any opinions on this topic?

lizardfloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
i swear i was about to post something about Jim Morrison the other day, lol. Cuz i've always looked up to Jim Morrison for confidence and everything. Yeah the movie doesnt quite portray JM the way he should have been portrayed. He looked like a drunken, spaced out bum in the movie and jim was nothing like that in real life. He was a hermit, i'll say that. He preferred the bohemian lifestyle, but he was nothing like Val Kilmer in the movie. Even though i think Val did one hell of a job portraying Jim.

But anyways, Jim was the ultimate DJ. He could get any woman he wanted. He could have gotten any woman he wanted even without all the fame he had. But i never could correlate how he used the poetry on a girl without lookin like an AFC. I mean he was C&F. I guess if you use the right combination it will work instead of backfiring.

I've watched every single clip about Jim and interviews and ive almost got the way he talks down. His body language was the most helpful thing with him. The way he moved his body when talkin to a chick would drive them wild, and im workin on that too. Try watchin some clips of him doin it. Even Val Kilmer did some of his moves in the movie. Im not tryin to be identical to Jim, even though it would probly help me with the women here at college. But there will only and forever be one lizard king.

Live on JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. thanks for makin the topic, Jay

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would say he was perfect right up until his suicide, or if you prefer, drug overdose. so don't emulate the self destructiveness of this don juan, even as you are slipping on your leather pants and prancing around the stage without a shirt on.

mike

lizardfloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, jim was a cool dude, man. back off. I dont agreee with a lot of stuff that he did. But he was still a good guy. He was always helping others and there for a lot of people. Too many people base the Oliver Stone movie on Jims real life. Read "The Lizard King: The Essential Jim Morrison", or "Light my Fire" by Ray Manzarek (the keyboardist). These people knew Jim on a personal level. They knew what he was really like.

So, if there was anyone i would emulate myself after it would deffinitely be Jim Morrison.

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by persistent exaction
i would say he was perfect right up until his suicide, or if you prefer, drug overdose. so don't emulate the self destructiveness of this don juan, even as you are slipping on your leather pants and prancing around the stage without a shirt on.

mike
Dude you cant judge Jim Morrison because your a nobody and Jim was a genious. aint no fuking body is perfect but did half of what he did and then talk shyt.

Peace

R.I.P JM

Reaction score
Originally posted by Alen-Delon
Dude you cant judge Jim Morrison because your a nobody and Jim was a genious. aint no fuking body is perfect but did half of what he did and then talk shyt.

Peace

R.I.P JM
Actually, anybody can judge whoever they want, because THIS IS A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD. And the idea of Jim Morrison being a genius is totally and 100% subjective. I personally think he was mostly a drunken hermit, with moments of brilliant inspiration. But the only thing seperating him from the thousands of other artistic geniuses who are pumping your gas or flipping your burger or changing your oil is the fact that JM achieved fame with The Doors.

Idol worship is a dangerous thing... be your OWN MAN.

lizardfloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'll agree with six string that Jim wouldnt have gotten as far as he did without the doors. i know a lot of people that put too much emphasis on Jim and not the rest of the group. Even Jim didnt like when the spotlight and the media were on him and not the rest of the doors. He once was about to beat the crap out of a DJ at a club one night that anounced the group as "jim morrison and the doors". He deffinitely was not selfish, if anyone is gonna try and bring that up later on in the topic. Their top songs were written by the guitarist, robbie kreiger.

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score
this thread reminds me of anoyher person that i used to look up to for an example of confidence. Johnny Depp...especially his character in "Pirates of the Carribean". his mind was rock solid. he was ****y, funny, and never lost his composure. He was always in control and never let others knock him down.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know a great deal about him, but from what I know I'd say NO WAY!

A DJ should be content with himself and happy with his life. Jim Morrison was far from it; he needed drugs and a dangerous lifestyle to give him a purpose to life and then let it all go down the drain.

Remember, a DJ needs more than an alluring attitude; he needs the mindset or inner game too - including self-belief, confidence and contentment.

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Six-String Samurai: ofcourse you can say whatever you want about jim or whom ever, but ask your self this who in tha fuking hell are you? what ever he was he was, some people liked him some didnt. so what he did drugs you fukers cry about it like affected any of you in any way. name any muscian who didnt use drugs. thought so. anyway, the most sad part is none of you are DJ's or you wouldnt be coming around here seeking some advice and talking shyt. you actualy have to be someone to talk about other people falts and peronal life. because nobodys like you do the shyt worse then he did and havnt done shyt instead to give back to anyone.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Alen-Delon
Six-String Samurai: ofcourse you can say whatever you want about jim or whom ever, but ask your self this who in tha fuking hell are you? what ever he was he was, some people liked him some didnt. so what he did drugs you fukers cry about it like affected any of you in any way. name any muscian who didnt use drugs. thought so. anyway, the most sad part is none of you are DJ's or you wouldnt be coming around here seeking some advice and talking shyt. you actualy have to be someone to talk about other people falts and peronal life. because nobodys like you do the shyt worse then he did and havnt done shyt instead to give back to anyone.
:D

Who am I?

I am the Alpha and the Omega...

I am Six-String Samurai!

And more importantly... I don't give two ****s who you think I am :D

RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH!!

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Apart from being a rock star, Morrison was also a good lookin dude wit a funky blown afro ball on his head.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats because he was white. But his hair was big.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nah... he wore it downwards, so it didn't look so much bigger... maybe you're talkin' about some months of his life, but generally it wasn't so much big... you shoulda see me some months ago:-D

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love the Doors, but I don't think that Jim was overly DJish. Dirtheart said it best.

On a side note, Val Kilmer is a pretty cool guy, I met him once.