Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jealousy/orbiters?

Fugitive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I'm in a LTR but my GF is the very social type. She occasionally uses guys in her life to try and make me jealous. These guys are not close to her, it's just people she see's at the gym/work colleagues. She acts like she's best friends with guys when she's only had a 2 minute conversation with them and they don't even have her number :rolleyes:.

It used to bother me until we agreed a boundary of no meet ups 1 on 1. Now she tries to make me jealous but I'm happy with the boundary so I'm like "cool yeah sounds like a great guy you should go out with him" at which point she drops it/gets upset lol.

Should I get orbiters of my own to balance this out? That means dating girls and friendzoning them? May even f*ck them. Or is this strategy playing with fire?

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fugitive said:
Ok so I'm in a LTR but my GF is the very social type. She occasionally uses guys in her life to try and make me jealous. These guys are not close to her, it's just people she see's at the gym/work colleagues. She acts like she's best friends with guys when she's only had a 2 minute conversation with them and they don't even have her number :rolleyes:.

It used to bother me until we agreed a boundary of no meet ups 1 on 1. Now she tries to make me jealous but I'm happy with the boundary so I'm like "cool yeah sounds like a great guy you should go out with him" at which point she drops it/gets upset lol.

Should I get orbiters of my own to balance this out? That means dating girls and friendzoning them? May even f*ck them. Or is this strategy playing with fire?
Sounds like you should probably quit the relationship to be honest. Sounds to me like this is some sort of cluster B psycho type. You see, very social sounds like she grooms other guys to be her orbiter. Acting like best friends is something BPDs and HPDs do. Why are you needing to set boundaries? Has she done that before? You are playing with fire just by being with her. You are evidently being made jealous, if this girl had actual respect for you, you wouldn't have to be jealous. Jealousy is actually a sign deep within, its your brain telling you that this girl has one foot out of the relationship. End it, and reclaim your masculinity. Maybe even friendzone the gf?

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, that doesn't sound like fun, imagine yourself together for 20 years with this girl playing these games.

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I'll go you one further and admonish any DJ from ever starting an exclusive relationship to begin with.

The man who has options rarely ever feels jealous. When he loses one woman, he simply shrugs his shoulders and moves to the next one.

Think of it investing. When a guy invests every penny in one particular stock or bond, he'll worry, because he has everything to lose.

But the man who DIVERSIFIES his portfolio feels confident. He sleeps well at night. He gloats when his friends lose everything. He's OK when he loses money in one particular investment, because there's plenty of money left in the other investments.
I would question the absolute literal interpretation of what you say, as in "banging many until you're too old to bang anymore" - as every man should have a family and kids with someone, but I see what you're saying. I've suffered oneitis myself, and yes, when I ended up dating other girls etc things indeed were much better, as soon as I stopped that same desperation I'd suffered before was the result.

Like you say, diversify your portfolio. and I would add, diversify until you make your millions! Until then do not just say "ah well time to settle down now I have someone, no, test them, interview them, check for red flags like clinginess, insecurity, rudeness - see how they treat the least among us - do they walk past a homeless man and sneer. Little things.

Fugitive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Inherently every human being and therefore every woman will have her flaws and insecurities. That doesn't mean you write off every single LTR prospect as a BPD unless you're happy jumping from one woman to the next every few months which will be great until you get old and lose your appeal and end up a lonely old man. So basically not convinced that breaking up with GF because she occasionally gets insecure and tries to make me jealous is the right way to go.

No one's really answered my question fully. Assuming that this GF is the "one" should I still be having other options around?

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl I've been seeing over the last few months has just started trying to make me jealous.
I think she might be on a womans version of this forum.
Anyway I think she is more attracted to me, than me her.
She has a male friend who she goes to the cinema with.
He`likes her & she has slept with him once in 2012 (drunken fumble she says) I think he is an orbiter.

Anyway Sunday night when I was at hers..I was asking about her day she replied she had been to cinema with orbiter earlier in the day. She babbled on about it & mentioned that she thinks he might still like her.
I think I might of read something on here or I picked it up somewhere about not talking with women about orbiters so I was like "yeah whatever" & changed subject.

I was making out with her later & she said :-

HB 7.5 :- Oh damn. I forgot about the guy downstairs. I think he was gonna slit his wrists so I was gonna offer him to come up & watch a movie.

Rainman :- (not looking happy, as i was just about to play with her ****) WHAT!? do you really have to mention this now!?

HB7.5 :- Ooops oh sorry , I've been told I have a really bad habit of talking during makeouts.

Rainman :- (not looking happy throughout this discussion)

HB7.5 :- (probs thinking oh **** he's gonna throw a hissy fit/go in the huff again)

Rainman:- well if maybe if you're wanting to talk, we'll talk.

HB.7.5 :- Oh no. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I should shut up. I am into this. I was enjoying it. Please carry on.

Rainman :- (debating what to do, looking serious..in a mind of his own.)

HB7.5 :- What you thinking about?

Rainman4707 :- Nothing (looking serious)

HB 7.5 :- you are. I can always tell. You get that look.

Rainman4707 :- No, am just thinking if you're wanting to talk, then we'll talk.

HB7.5 :- Noo.

Rainman :- (Making a snap decision that it maybe it would be quite childish to go off in the huff + I want to try to satisfy her in the sack as I have'nt done that yet)

So we start making out again.

Look I find her attempts to make me jealous quite laughable mainly because she wants to be exclusive, but I don't yet...so I want to see other girls therefore I cannot stop her from seeing mr orbiter...if I was in a relationship with her then I might tell her to stop seeing him as we know there are some very interesting threads on that topic. I have browsed them. I might delve deeper into them when the opportune moment occurs
Different posters have different opinions on the boundaries.
OP I would read the recent threads on boundaries & make a decision...also de angelo recommends a book about the green eyed monster..think it's called the dangerous passion

On one of Espi & chistoffs points - yeah the whole options gives you power thing is correct & I realise I will lose that power when I commit to relationship. I find myself wanting the bird & kids, family home thing though.

p.s I realise she will think she has a little power over me by how easy she can make me get huffy. I will have a think about this & take the appropriate actions

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fugitive said:
I think your entire post is full of red flags.

1) First off, I am very much against game playing of ANY sort in a relationship, and I have a very low tolerance level for it. So if my girlfriend was the sort to want to play games with me and try to make me jealous, my first thought would be I have the wrong girlfriend.

I know much of SoSuave is all about game playing, but I think game playing is BS. All you have to do is BE a man, BEHAVE like a man, BE masculine, and HOLD a masculine frame, and that is all that is necessary. And since you are actually a male, that should come naturally to you. It may not be easy necessarily, because being a man is not always easy, that's not what being a man is about.

2) Men don't have orbiters. Well, some do, but not usually to the extent women do. Some men use female orbiters for attention and validation just like women do. But usually, if the women are attractive, men are going to want to bang them.

You can see this because in your paragraph when you talk about getting orbiters, you immediately start to consider fvcking them. Nothing wrong with that, that is natural for a man. But it obviously shows that you are not happy with this relationship since you're already consdiering banging other women.

3) Why are you jealous of these men in the first place, if she's only talked to them for two minutes? My girlfriend actually complains because I never get jealous. Which leads me to Espi's post:

Espi said:
I'll go you one further and admonish any DJ from ever starting an exclusive relationship to begin with.

The man who has options rarely ever feels jealous. When he loses one woman, he simply shrugs his shoulders and moves to the next one.
I don't share Espi's distaste for exclusive relationships. I spent years spiinning plates, but I can't say that I've ever found that lifestyle to be fulfilling. I prefer having the steady girlfriend. Not everyone can embrace the player mentality for life, there comes a time for some of us when it gets to be very old.

The thing is, once you KNOW that you can get women, and that women can always be replaced, I don't think it is necessary to continue to spin the plates, because you have the abundance mentality already written into you. This is why I don't sweat my relationship (I think most relationships have shelf lives anyway), because I know any girl can be replaced. Which is why I don't get jealous.

This is a hard mentality for a guy who is just starting out and doesn't have the experience needed to achieve it. Really, if I had been successful with women from the beginning, and not had the failures I've had, I would have never gained all that experience from spinning plates and whatnot. So all clouds have silver linings, as they say. And embrace failure, because we learn from failure.

Rainman4607 said:
He likes her & she has slept with him once in 2012 (drunken fumble she says) I think he is an orbiter.
This example serves as more proof that girls WILL sleep with orbiters sometimes.

You can't take PUA Theory as written in stone. The reason the community teaches that you shouldn't get into the friendzone with a girl is NOT because it will be impossible to sleep with her that way. It just isn't a very efficient way of getting it done - there are far better ways to approach it.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd tell her if she wants to keep bringing this type of nonsense up she can go find someone else to do it with because I'm not going to play these high school games. Tell her she needs to grow up and then leave