Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jazz

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jazz is the DJ soundtrack by definition... its all about freedom, chilling out, and having no fear. We got any jazz fans up in here?

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I enjoy Jazz.

Nothing better than turning on the moodlights, grabbing a bottle of wine, and turning on some jazz. Smoooth baby.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
The greatest jazz album of all time, and the most timeless, is Miles Davis' Kind of Blue.

Man, if you can't hookup to Flamenco sketches you seriously need some help.

'Round about midnight and The birth of the cool are very close seconds.

If Coltrane is more your flavor go with A Love Supreme.

Jazz is absolutely the reinvention of music over and over again. It capsulates everything a man should become and stand for. Smoothness, sensuality, a lust for living and just being cool all the way around.

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Never paid much attention to it until a few months back my wife put on one of her Miles Davis CD's and I was blown away as to how good that was.

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea karmasutra hit it on the head. Those are all the main classics. But be sure to check out Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, and if you're really into the older flavors, Count Basie. There are also a lot of modern jazz cats doing there thing days who aren't half bad.

I'm gonna go listen to some jazz right now as a matter of fact.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Filles De Kilimanjaro is my fav so far...
Charlie Parker & Miles/ Timeless is fab.

I saw Count Basie sometime in the late 70's ish. I was pretty young - but knew enough to realize I was experiencing something worthwhile.

Coltrane challenges me.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohhhh, but I really don't care for newage jazz. It's okay in small, spaced out doeses. But other than that it makes me feel....not good(?).

clix

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll admit it, i'm a dirty little ***** for guitar jazz. Wes Montgomery is simply amazing and if you want some good music to trip balls to, try John Scofield.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a swing dancer and love jazz & blues. Definitely prefer old school stuff to new age.

Reaction score
can anyone recommened some jazz to me? im really into guitar, i know of wes montgomery already and i think hes incredible, if you know anyone else hook me up!

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jazz guitarists are probably the most talented out of all the music groups (yes better than metal shredders). My guitar instructer had me listen to his instructer whos a jazz guitarist, and I don't even know how playing like that is possible. It was unreal the different rhythm and speed he had going.

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, so glad the conversation turned to jazz guitar. I play jazz guitar and love everything about it. Its such a cool sound, and the best players are definitely among the most talented guitarists/musicians ever (not that I'm biased or anything, hehe).

One of my favorite players is a guy named Kurt Rosenwinkel. He plays in a really modern style but his improvising is amazing. http://www.amazon.com/Next-Step-Kur...bs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1206257143&sr=8-3 is my favorite album.

For more straight ahead style jazz guitar, definitely listen to Joe Pass. He's most known for solo arrangements that will make you **** yourself if you aren't prepared. http://www.amazon.com/Virtuoso-Bit-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1206257887&sr=1-1

Also, I recommend the Dave Holland Big Band to everyone. Its a big band with a really modern (not "painful" modern though, the good kind of modern) sound. It's even got a lot of fusion influences too but it has the instrumentation of a standard big band (except rhythm section, which is only bass drums and vibes). Plus its got my favorite jazz trombone player of all time (Robin Eubanks).

http://www.amazon.com/Overtime-Dave...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1206257639&sr=1-1

I love how you put that Karma. Jazz is really cool but it gets a bad rap, especially among younger folks, for seemingly no reason at all. It's a damn shame. I always listen to jazz to get me pumped up before a party and listen to slower jazz when I need to chill out. More people should listen to it IMO.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Brother, Kurt Rosenwinkel is off the chain! Deep Song is one of the best post-bop jazz albums in the last 20 years.

I too don't have any idea why people are so afraid of jazz? When I sit with a good cigar from my humidor, a glass of Old Granddad and good jazz on the Zen, kickin' it by the pool; man, talk about living in the moment!

Serenity now, serenity now.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my FAVORITE song. EVER.

Pieces Of A Dream - Knikki's Smile

it's sound is so... i don't know how to describe it... it's sexy. literally. it reminds you of a beautiful woman or something.

here's a sample

EVERY SINGLE time i hear it... i stop what i'm doing, close my eyes, and just chill. it's a fantastic feeling when i listen to this song.