Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

jaw clicks when i eat

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever I eat, or even when i move my jaw around, it clicks, as if it's out of place. The strange thing is that it doesn't hurt at all, but i'm worried about what will happen in the future. Has anyone experienced this before?

i think it's a result of the jaw muscle exercises i was doing last year.

cheers, gav

DrSassyPants

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had that happen at times too. Annoying isn't it? As far as I can tell, it doesn't cause any harm.

LordBrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrSassyPants
I've had that happen at times too. Annoying isn't it? As far as I can tell, it doesn't cause any harm.
same with me... once in a while itll start clicking.

Dont think it is doing anything bad, usualyl goes away the next day.

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to get it during the football season (constantly gritting my teeth and chewing on the mouthpiece). You might have some habit or something not-so-obvious that's making your jaw click...if it's just getting stuck, that's not a big deal, but if it hurts, I'd go to the doc.

Maybe try some jaw exercises.

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TMJ

correct,

I have the same thing...i went to an oral surgeon and he said stress brings it on. Mine was clicking with extreme pain. the pain lasted for 3 weeks. It was stress related. I dont really mind the clicking because it comes and goes, but the pain was really annoying.

stress can kill man

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the same problem, last year. It would click around like mad whenever I chewed, and it felt weird, and once in a while it would hurt, too. Mine turned into a bigger problem because after a while, it became so bad that I couldn't even open my mouth all the way. It just couldn't go any further than about halfway open, and it kind of hurt when I ate big food like sandwiches and all that. It went away after about six months though.

A friend of mine said that he had the same problem and that after he did some jaw stretching exercises (everyday) it went away. My dentist also said that it might be because of the way I slept, that when I slept on a certain side (left or right), it misaligned my jaw or something like that. I slept on my left side, and it my jaw clicked on the right side.

How do you increase serotonin?

Kaparski

Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out a doc or something...................... Its uncommon for me but still

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you increase serotonin?
SSRI's (Prozac, Paxil, etc.), St. John's Wort, 5HTP, or magnesium citrate (esp. blood type B). Milk and turkey also contain 5HTP (serotonin pre-cursor). Socializing w/people also works.

Note: You only need to raise it a little bit.

Reaction score
Clicking Cause

Have you had your wisdom teeth out? If not, this could be causing your jaw to do this. I used to have this issue, and after I got them removed it stopped. Many people need them removed but never get it done. If you haven't had them out, get them out it will cure the problem. good luck.
STeve

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Tmj is awful. I always have pain in my jaws and sometimes friction....