jammed my thumb during basket ball, but want to work out

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was playing basketball with a couple of friends and on a three point shot my friend missed the ball and slammed by thumb straight on. Its been puffed up for a few days now and kinda hurts. I went to a chiropractor and he checked it out, said it is not broken just swollen. It hurts sometimes, but i really really want to lift right now and excercise, infact its killing me just sitting here with nothing to do. What do you say? go ahead and lift or let it rest more?

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wouldnt. u could seriously hurt yourself. u COULD probably do pushups and situps tho, without hurting yourself. and u can run

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks,

im gonna try going mountain biking as i only have to hold the handles and not really lift anything. Dang man, i got on a schedule and loved it. My body loved being tortured 3 times a week and cardio 1 or 2 times. Now i feel like crap lol. hopefully today wont be too hard on my thumb.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know how u feel man. im kinda injury prone myself so i know how frustrating it can be, but your thumb should be feeling better in about a week or 2. its recommended that u take a week or 2 off from lifting every few months, anyway. just think of this as ur break time

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats true, i guess this can be my off time. The only thing that sucks is i work at a bank and i use the keyboard and 10 key often. So my thumb sometimes hurts while typing. I dont know how i went without working out for so long in the past. lol.

im out to rest and then grab the bike and load it in the car.