Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

JackRyan's Workout Log

JackRyanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a tentative Texas Method workout, ya'll tell me what you think. I'm alternating two different weeks of workouts.

Option A

Tuesday: Squats 5x5
Bench 5x5
Rows 5x5

Thursday: Squats 3x3
Bench 3x3
Rows 3x3

Saturday: Squats 1x1
Bench 1x1
Rows 1x1

Option B

Tuesday: Deadlift 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5
Pull ups 5x5

Thursday: Deadlift 3x3
Overhead Press 3x3
Pull ups 3x3

Saturday: Deadlift 1x1
Overhead Press 1x1
Pull Ups 1x1
Overall, pretty simple, I just wanted to keep most of my Rippetoe exercises, especially the big three. Any comments appreciated.

JackRyanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE: Thursday, July 17th

Squats- 3x3 225 lbs.- Today was just the recovery day, nothing hard.

Bench- 3x3 175 lbs.- Same as above.

Bent Over Rows- 3x3 95 lbs.- Ditto.

Abs- 2x10 hanging leg raises, 2 sets of sit ups on those decline things.

Ready to max Saturday, should break 300 on squat, as I did 275 today after my sets for the hell of it. Was easy!

Also, weighing in at about 160 right now, so I'm happy with that, if I'm getting stronger weight gain doesn't have to happen fast.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's great your up 10 lbs. Congrats JackRyanJuan. As long as you are getting stronger, putting weight on slowly, you are doing well. Hopefully you've been nailing the diet .

Keep up the good work.

JackRyanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep up the good work.
Appreciate the encouragement.

UPDATE: Saturday, July 19th

Squats- 1x1-.......................325 lbs!!! Hell yeah! Maxed out today, started with 295, got it easy. Went to 315, again, not too bad. Went for 325, got real low, form shot to **** halfway up, my legs turned inwards, but my back stayed straight, and I got it.

Bench- 1x1- Started off with 235, put it up fairly easy, decided I wanted to try 250. Put it on, got a spotter to be safe, and SLOWLY pushed it up.

Bent Over Rows- 1x1- Just 135 lbs. here, but it's new to me, so I'm happy with this.

Weighed in today and I was at 159 lbs. Very pleased to be squatting 2x weight. Funny thing is, I still look like a skinny bastard! Anyways, thanks to everyone for suggestions/advice so far, it's been a good three months! On to Texas Method!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, your strong...

Good work:D

Is this the first time you have lifted? Ever done anything strength orientated?

JackRyanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, your strong...

Good work

Is this the first time you have lifted? Ever done anything strength orientated?
Haha, appreciate it. No, I lifted throughout middle school and high school, did wrestling and football. Also I did some club wrestling junior year of college, so I've been in the weight room before.

JackRyanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE: Tuesday, July 22

Deadlift- 5x5 185 lbs.- Well, deadlift sure is a lot easier when I haven't already done 3 sets of heavy squats! I struggled on the last set, but all in all, I think I'm about to make some newbie gains with deadlift as my form improves and my lower back muscles strengthen/grow. Today I had the good kind of lower back pain, the burning when your muscles are getting a good workout. My form was pretty good: shins touching the bar, hips a little above parallel, hands gripping the bar right outside my legs over under style, chest out, looking at a low spot on the gym mirror. Squeezing with my glutes/hamstrings coming up, then thrusting my hips to lock out. The one thing I caught was my elbows are still bending, but this will correct itself as I get more experience. All in all a good day for deadlift.

Military Press- 5x5 115 lbs.- Well, this was pretty good, I only got 4 reps for my 4th and 5th set, so looks I will be doing this again next time. Still, it's a start.

After this I was pretty tired, so I did 25 decline sit ups and called it a day. I will do some pull ups on my recovery day.

Go Texas Method!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would recommend 3x5 for the deadlift, you may burn out quickly with 5x5. Having said that, you can try it and adjust if neccasary. Slipped my mind last week.

JackRyanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would recommend 3x5 for the deadlift, you may burn out quickly with 5x5. Having said that, you can try it and adjust if neccasary. Slipped my mind last week.
Since I'm only deadlifting every other week, and I do 5x5 only one day in that week, shouldn't I be ok?

JackRyanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE: Thursday, July 24th

Deadlift- 3x3 135 lbs.- This is the recovery day, so I recovered.

Military Press- 3x3 95 lbs.- Same as above

Pull-ups- Can't remember how many sets I did, probably 3, but I was just taking it easy to prep for saturday's maxes.

Abs- same with pull ups.

UPDATE: Saturday, July 26th

Deadlift- 1x1- My goal was to get 250 lbs., ended up getting 265. I stopped at 265 because my form was getting off, and I'm still new to deadlift, so my form isn't that great to begin with. Anyways, I'm hoping this will eventually catch up to my squats.

Military Press- 1x1- I got 150 on this, which is fine with me.

Pull- ups- Since I hadn't done much, I did 8 sets of pull ups, all 5 repetitions. 2 sets were lat back pull ups, two lat front, two standard overhanded grip, and two sets with a side grip.

Abs- I did 25 decline situps, then did a set of 10 hanging leg raises.

QUESTION: When I do do my 5x5's, what % of my max should I be working with?

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn good military press.

Remember not to go too low on the recovery day. I think it is meant to be a triple with 10% less than on Mondays 5x5 sets.

As for the 5x5, it depends whether you ramp or do straight sets. If you do straight sets start off with maybe 75% and see how you go, then adjust accordingly. It will vary for everyone depending on fibre type and whatever else.

For the abs I wouldn't go so high as 25 reps. Keep it in the 10-15 range at most and add weight. I also recommend ab rollouts as an ab exercise.