Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ive reached a low point... Any advice?

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all,

As i sit here in front of my computer i am contemplating my future and the options that are open to me.

I have applied to college (in england) and have received a letter in the post a few days ago inviting me to attend in a weeks time. During the day though, i have gone off the idea of travelling to a country all on my own, starting fresh and generally being terribly homesick. On the other hand i dont think i wana stay around my hometown either. All my friends will be off to college in september and once again, ill be left here on my own (during the week anyway) for another year - working part-time (if even that!) and living with my parents.

Ive gone through all the advantages of going away a million times (e.g. some breathing space between myself and my parents, more independence/confidence, good course, english chicks!, own place etc...) but when i feel that terible feeling of homesick (even before i go away!) it makes me say "NO! Stay here and stay in the comfort zone!" and then i say to myself "Ok, i dont wanna go away now." Then i think to myself "So what am i gonna do then?! Stay at home for another year and do nothing!?"

This goes around my head all day and its really getting me down and so confused and agitated.

Im 21, healthy, have a LOT of good friends and know a lot of HB's! Ive never lived away from home in my life and i have a feeling moving all the way to england would really hit me bad and id just come back licking my wounds.

I dont know what to do and ive only 48hours to decide really (have to book flight very soon if i want to make it over on time!).

SO any advice guys? Any similar stories/situations? Need help... and fast!

Thanks.

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go out and see the world. Your old universe will never look the same again--it is sad but you will get to meet new people and start a new chapter of your life.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
true man but the extreme feeling of loneliness that i get when even thinking about it is scary!

:(

Anyone ever used EFT (emotional freedom techniques) to get rid of a bad feeling? Does it work?

shyguy208

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to college away from your home town. It is one of those things that you must do - you'll be kicking yourself in a few years time if you don't take this opportunity (my cousin is kicking himself now as we speak - he went to college in his home town).

Everyone you meet that is a first year at college will be in exactly the same boat a you are. You will meet a people from across the world, from different walks of life, who have different experiences, different social/economic backgrounds. You may even meet one or two people that really inspire you in some way. Sure you'll also meet a lot of *******s but you will find that every where. Just go explore! You will learn a lot about yourself!

It's a very big world we live in and it would be a shame if you limited yourself to the little city where you were born!

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sieze the moment, you will NOT regret it. I have been here in Glasgow for nearly 6 months after getting pissed off with my tiny home town and moving on. Sure it was tough at first, but now I wouldn't change it for the world.

New friends, new places, new life, new CHICKS!

I haven't regretted it for a second. If I hadn't done it, I know I woulda regretted that.

seulaxplaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are scared of being lonely look at it this way. People are only lonely because they want to be lonely. Meaning you are in charge of who u hang out with and who u meet. Also do you seriously want to be around the same ol thing all your life?

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it would be great if you decided to go. Remember these two things:

1. No decision is permanent. If you don't like it it's only a short hop over the water back to everything you know

2. You won't be alone and unsupported. You'll make friends, and all universities have support systems in place for students who are finding it tough - counselling anmd advice centres etc. There'll be people there who care about you and who will give you the support you need to settle in.

If it would put your mind at rest, ask about that kind of support at your interview.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks all

Thanks guys. Very good replies. Feel better this morning! Why is it that at nighttime u feel more scared?

dionysius_d

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, travel and experience anything new. You won't get the chance again maybe.. grab it while u can.

Night time isn't scary.. but you focus more on yourself, which might be scary for you.. don't become too self occupied.

Ares

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the same shoes....

hey man, first let me say that I understand where your coming from. Its always risky to leave the comfort zone and go or do something that actualy scares tht shyt out off us. but come on, a big part of being a dj is ridding yourself of this fear.

I've just moved myself, am currently going to a school in a different county. I know it scary sometimes, but think about this logicaly, you applied to the school in England right, so there is obviously something that makes want to go there.
And if your anything like me, its probably triggerd by this voice saying that there isnt anymore you can get out of staying in your hometown.....So listen to that voice, its the voice of reason everything else is just fright and AFC thoughts......so take a deep breath, have the voice of reason in your head and go to greet your new life.....Finaly think about this, everything your not happy with in your hometown is gonna be nothing more than a fleeting memory when you get there and the exitment of starting a new life will overwhelm you.......

Oh, by the way let me know if there is any HB's in England, they arent exatcly famous fore it;)

Reaction score
1. your 21, go live and see the world
2. you need to let go of mommy's apron...your ties to your comfort zone..ie family, town, same place same thing....ect ect.
3. England huh...I thought you guys hate the pompish English.
4. You've been given an opportunity to show the fighting irish and how smart they truely can be....go show em!
5. You also have a chance to better yourself at an English University...your just afraid of change...but it will be the best decision you ever made kid.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say go for it. These guys are right, you'll regret it if you don't. Ireland is a small country, it's good to get out and see the world. The first couple of weeks will be difficult, but after that you're sorted.

Answer me a couple of questions for interest: where are you from in Ireland (Wexford?) and where in England is the college (which one is it?)?

btw a friend of mine did the same. He got some slagging by the guys over there and jokingly said that he'd have one guy kneecapped for slagging the Irish ... they never opened their mouth again :)

--

Player_S: yeah, we're renowned for hating the English, but who doesn't? Well, except for your cowboy president...

I think the French, Germans, Indians and plenty of others have a case for not liking them either.

I know the history of my country, and I do find I have an intense dislike of some English people, but that's because those particular people are not likeable people, nothing to do with their nationality. I don't like large groups of English together, but I don't like large groups of Irish either.

There's no point in holding grudges for previous generations actions. It's similar to you bros hating on all us white folk for the actions of a few (current or past). That reverse racism pisses me off just as much as those inbred klan a$$holes. It's hard to get past ingrained concepts sometimes though.

Hey, my last 2 gfs have been English (and better than the French girls I've been with). So there ya go. We Irish like to screw the English ;)

laters,
Osc.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know many people would die to be in your shoes. Going to a college in another country. That is a great thing. Most people can't afford too, so it never is an option, but if you can, go for it, why pass up the chance.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeesus. I'm Scottish and I don't hate the English for being English. Neither do most Irish people I've met. Hopefully bigotry isn't as prevalent as you might think Player...

Click Here

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
traveling to a new country, meeting new chicks, getting smarter, having more stories to tell when u get back, becoming more of a man.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno what to say guys... fvck sake! No matter what questions i ask ya you always give me the best answers possible! You're all magic! :D

Thanks - youve really inspired me just there.

No we dont really hate the english, well some do but personally i dont hate any nationalities.

And oscar - yeah im in wexford. Howd u know? ANd wanna go to canterbury college.

BTW - english chicks are HOT! Compared to irish ones anyway... :D

Thanks again guys!

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silverwex
BTW - english chicks are HOT! Compared to irish ones anyway... :D
Uh.. No way man, are you blind!?! Maybe it's a 'grass is greener' thing, but Irish girls are WAY nicer than English girls. Much friendlier and down to earth, and I really dig green/grey eyes with darkish hair. London girls have nothing on them.

You will never convince me otherwise.

Edit: I just remembered the point of this thread. Come to England! The girls here are great! Leave those Irish ho's behind..