Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

It's no secret: "The Secret" and the "Law of Attraction" are BULLSH*T

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

One other statement I want to make regarding the US versus most other countries...

The US is right now, the richest "intellectual" country, not necessarily the richest "resource" country. Meaning, we don't really have anything great under our soil, or growing in our back yard. No real HUGE oil resources. No large fruit fields. We're net IMPORTERS. Everything we get, we get from overseas. Our trade is in effect, IMBALANCED. This can be viewed two ways...negatively, because it makes us reliant on other countries, unless we wage war to secure asset positions. OR, positively, where we earn more money doing "think tank" work and outsource the raw production of materials.

I'm not suggesting we're smarter, lord knows that other countries know 2-3 languages, where most here don't. But 300,000,000 are generally, per capita, wealthier than most other countries of similar size based more on the intellectual capital we bring to the table than the actual natural resources we have.

If you want to contend that someone/something is subjugating these people from taking their natural resources back, and that the state has privatized everything and is not looking out for the best interests of the people, go right ahead. But what stops these people from taking "responsibility?" Everyone's born into some collective system where they feel no 'right', inherently to anything. Instead, this is china, this is the usa, IT supercedes me. IT supercedes the individual.

Then again, these are my beliefs right? So I guess everyone has to kind of chew it around, spit it, and even see if it's worth listening to me rant.

A-Unit

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
The US is right now, the richest "intellectual" country, not necessarily the richest "resource" country. Meaning, we don't really have anything great under our soil, or growing in our back yard. No real HUGE oil resources. No large fruit fields. We're net IMPORTERS. Everything we get, we get from overseas. Our trade is in effect, IMBALANCED. This can be viewed two ways...negatively, because it makes us reliant on other countries, unless we wage war to secure asset positions. OR, positively, where we earn more money doing "think tank" work and outsource the raw production of materials.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a trade deficit. It's something politicians use to spin things. We live in a world economy, and that's just the way it is.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. The original thread was a skeptical review of the secret. Somehow this morphed into a whole I visualized money and I got it, I think I'm the best and gosh darn't I am the best, Stuart Smalley feel good about yourself because the secret worked for me and its dandy thread.

My whole arguement is that the secret is a disgrace to science. Seems to be in line with the whole point of the first post in this thread that Heisenberg would roll over in his grave and shot himself in the face if he saw his life's work being ridiculed in a get rich quick, feel good about your over consuming, self absorbed, if I make more money than you I'm apparently better than you propaganda.

Sure positive thinking and visualization are important tools in any successful persons life. Skeptics drive fundamental science and technological innovations by questioning the scientific or engineering merit of the ideas. The secret pushes a scientific argument that has no backing in science. Should skeptics be wary of such a theory as it attempts to put far fetched applications to basic science with no experimental or theoretical backing?

Personally I would follow the teachings of futurama before I followed the secret. There isn't much of a scientific difference between the two besides futurama being entertaining. And if you take out the fake science from the secret what are you left with? Basically a feel good self help book that robbed its material from older books but added and element of Ms. Cleo into it.

This book is the equivalent to physics as Richard Weed was to cloning a decade ago. This book is a pot shot at real physics like magnetic bracelets, which probably are as life changing as emoticons or whatever subatomic particles this book makes up.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and Holland I have no idea what your talking about with you advice towards women with me. I dont have any problems in that area. When I said I date multiple women it is because I choose to date multiple women. It has nothing to do with leading, if anything I lead girls into agreeing to date me knowing that I'm with other girls.

I'm gonna step out there for a second, but it really seems to me like every proponent of the secret brings up financial gains as proof. Is money really a consequence of quantum physics which supersedes the existence of man, or better yet the existence of the universe?

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever floats your boat, belividere.

But it's evident that some people are being ignorant.
Theories of guru's like David Deangelo and others are not confirmed by science either (even though most of it is very properly explained by things that most people can understand), yet it works.

All I'm saying is: It works for me and I can recommend it to anyone.

Wayne Dyer summed it up nicely:

Even when you think this is all a bunch of nonsense. You're absolutely right. Cause for you, that's what you believe. The universal sources will help you fulfill that belief.
A-unit mentioned it a couple times now, but succes with women is exactly the same.
You have to change your beliefs (inner game) to become more succesfull with women.
Same goes with everything in life.
That's all what the Secret is saying.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holland said:
Whatever floats your boat, belividere.

But it's evident that some people are being ignorant.
Theories of guru's like David Deangelo and others are not confirmed by science either (even though most of it is very properly explained by things that most people can understand), yet it works.

All I'm saying is: It works for me and I can recommend it to anyone.

Wayne Dyer summed it up nicely:

A-unit mentioned it a couple times now, but succes with women is exactly the same.
You have to change your beliefs (inner game) to become more succesfull with women.
Same goes with everything in life.
That's all what the Secret is saying.
yeah, "the secret" is bullshyte, get over it.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's true for you, it's true for you.

- L Ron Hubbard

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
whistler said:

- L Ron Hubbard
Wouldn't it be cheaper to have some sugar pills and call them God Making Pills?

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John_Galt said:
Wouldn't it be cheaper to have some sugar pills and call them God Making Pills?
Too true.

If you "get" The Secret, you don't "get" logic.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whistler said:

- L Ron Hubbard
I was wondering when someone would bring up a "Dianetics" reference.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is especially alarming about this topic is how people just ASSUME its correct, and the onus is on the rest of the world to prove it wrong. Had someone proposed a theory saying “You are all scum, and will rot in hell regardless of your actions from today”, everyone would quickly rally against it and try and debunk it.

But since the theory is based around becoming rich, powerful and getting chicks, everyone automatically embraces it. People are so fukn greedy, lazy and stupid, they’ll buy into any nonsense because of lavish promises.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver = retarded

You enter a thread that carefully and methodically debunks a theory, using facts and provable science, and reply by saying that everyone against it is a skeptic and therefore cant benefit from the hocus-pocus theories.

Like a religious nut or a member of a cult, you say ‘lets not bother discussing it’, because there is no evidence to support your side.

Being the scholar you are, you google the definition of skeptic, just in case we didn’t know. Thanks.

I suppose I'm mentally sick then, does it matter? I'm still living a good life, I still use positive thinking to get whatever I want...It might not work for you, but it works for me and I could care less about your situation.
Oh fvck off you use positive thinking to get what you want. Dont give me that sh!t. Why is your life good? is it because of positive thinking?

No azzhole its because your parents are rich and you live in a million-dollar home. Thats why. Your probably the kind of guy who has long blonde hair, plays tennis, and complains about how his parents 'dont understand him' while eating all their food and not paying any rent.

Go live on a street corner for a few years and then use "positive thinking" to EARN that mansion of yours. Im sure it will work just like in the video!

Don't criticize what you don't understand.
As if YOU know anything about quantum physics? fvck you. Your responses in this thread are vague and dismissive PRECISELY because you dont know what the hell you are talking about.

Rather than admitting your life has been handed to you on a platter, you buy into some nonsense like 'The Secret' to give yourself credit for things you didnt earn. You disgust me.

Reaction score
Excellent discussion here guys, as I was reading up on the "Secret" stuff.

So do I believe it or not? Lol.

Well, here's the thing......there's a problem with the Secret in the WAY IT WAS WRITTEN, however the Secret itself is as real as it gets.

The way the Secret was written was like this, "I write down that I will make $100,000 a year, and I keep saying it until I believe it and feel very happy about it. I now believe I will make $100,000 a year."

This is similar to what my role model, Donald Trump says is the secret to success, "Do something that you love." Well, how do you get to the point of "loving" something?

- You could love it because it could help people.

- You could love it for the fame it could bring.

- You could love it because it could bring love, money, or peace.

And the list goes on and on.

The "Secret" is a MINDSET. The problem is that we as a people spend too much time focusing on things OTHER THAN OUR GOALS.

There's a quote that says, "Where there's a will there's a way." For if I want to make $100,000 and believe I can do it, but currently know NO WAY of doing it...if I focus on the goal long enough I will begin to SEEK wisdom on HOW to bring it to pass.

And in today's America, I will discover a number of ways to bring it to pass, especially with today's internet.

But see the problem with the "Secret" is the same problem with some of my Ministers in church. They preach that JUST BECAUSE you set your mind to something or JUST BECAUSE you believe it will come to pass, THAT IT'S DONE.

NO!

You're just beginning. You've made the decision to focus your life down a particular path.....now you must prepare to walk through the roads of that life path to OBTAIN that $100,000 a year.

It's easy for someone to believe that they can make $100,000 a year, the hard part is walking the path and STAYING ON THE PATH to get to $100,000 a year. You might make mistakes, go bankrupt, make enemies, etc....but because your whole life is focused on this goal you will discover ways that were already in place to accomplish the task THAT YOU WERE UNAWARE OF.

So what's the key thing here?

Yes, it's true, we can become and have whatever it is we want. But the problem and the reason why most people don't succeed at this, is because THEY ARE UNAWARE OF HOW TO DO IT. They haven't found that wisdom key yet, they are still searching for it.

When they find it, BAM, they are in. But how long would it take to find it?

Reaction score
Do you guys see what I am saying?

It's like this.....every guy here on some level believes that he can obtain a beautiful chick that loves him dearly, caters to him, etc. That's why they are on this site, that's why they went to the search engines and typed in, "How To Attract Women" and got to this site.

So they believe it! But has it happened to majority of these guys yet? No.

Because they haven't obtained the wisdom on HOW to do so.

However, the BENEFIT of the Secret, is that it should create a Concentration in a Person's Life. Where a Filter is created, and the only thoughts, focuses, and energy direction is put on GOALS.

It helps you to keep maintance on your thoughts, your mind, and your time, and concentrate everything you have to this one or these a couple particular goals.

Reaction score
To go back to the part of the negative experiences happening......

I don't think people intentionally say I'm going to go out and get into a car accident today, so then why does it happen?

Because that person was in a situation that PRODUCED IT. Same with the killing. Here in Detroit, at our "Black Clubs" every damn week somebody gets shot, was the person that got shot thinking and believing that they would get shot? No! They were in a situation that PRODUCED IT.

Our goal in Life should be this..........

It should be about obtaining WISDOM, to put yourself in a place where life PRODUCES results for you that YOU WANTED.

"The Secret" is nothing but a damn Mind-set, that causes you to put all of your time and focus in one particular area, so you can eventually discover wisdom that you need, to PRODUCE the life you want.

Guys, that's it simply concluded.

But that doesn't mean that things can't PRODUCE in your life that you didn't want. Like babies, STDS, going broke, getting jumped, etc.

The things that PRODUCE in your life are a result of a combination of YOUR SURROUNDINGS and Your Interactation with your surroundings.

I'll produce more lays, if I SURROUND myself with great, open, cool women, and INTERACT with them as a confident, sexual, MAN.

I'll produce more money in my life, if I SURROUND myself with smart business men which will produce wisdom to me, and I INTERACT with them respectfully so they could assist my career growth.

Those might not be great examples, but I hope I broke it down for you guys.

- John

Reaction score
DJf and others, The Secret is self-help "motivational" guidance and nothing more!!! It is nothing new!!!!!! Everything in The Secret has been encompassed in the "goal setting" seminars of the 1950's as expressed by motivational speakers at that time!!! It is nothing new!!! Different words underpinned with a new religion and philosophy in a NEW age!!!!! The crux of this thinking is "consciousness' which is the "New Age " thinking that embraces the belief that there is no God as described in scripture and that we humans are God, as expressed in collective consciousness!!!! WE "will" things to happen because we are the ultimate in existence!!!

If humans are the ultimate of existence then all will be under our command if we seek it!!!! Same as the bible declaring "humans have dominion of the earth" but without the "YHWh" part!!!

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The secret works and even if it doesnt, you will still benefit from it. If you don't believe in it, guess what?..........nobody cares!

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Our goal in Life should be this..........

It should be about obtaining WISDOM, to put yourself in a place where life PRODUCES results for you that YOU WANTED.

"The Secret" is nothing but a damn Mind-set, that causes you to put all of your time and focus in one particular area, so you can eventually discover wisdom that you need, to PRODUCE the life you want.
I agree.
I don't understand what all the hating is about?

Who cares. It helps people (now that is a fact ;)). No need to criticize it into the ground, like all those pathetic people are doing. If it really is such BS as people claim it to be, it'll die out fast enough.
I agree with a particular quote, which I happen to have heard from one of the 'secret's teachers.
What if all people would stand FOR something, and were AGAINST nothing.
Still remains a mystery to me, why anyone would invest high quantity time in things they do NOT believe in.

One thing which I do not even believe, but what I KNOW (from my personal experience and other successful individuals) is this:
Your belief and knowing have a VERY LARGE impact on your results (if you take action, off course, taking action is a prerequisite).
And that is pretty much the main message what I got out of the Secret (and along with A LOT of other material on SUCCES).

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holland said:
I agree.
I don't understand what all the hating is about?

Who cares. It helps people (now that is a fact ;)). No need to criticize it into the ground, like all those pathetic people are doing. If it really is such BS as people claim it to be, it'll die out fast enough.
I agree with a particular quote, which I happen to have heard from one of the 'secret's teachers.

Still remains a mystery to me, why anyone would invest high quantity time in things they do NOT believe in.

One thing which I do not even believe, but what I KNOW (from my personal experience and other successful individuals) is this:
Your belief and knowing have a VERY LARGE impact on your results (if you take action, off course, taking action is a prerequisite).
And that is pretty much the main message what I got out of the Secret (and along with A LOT of other material on SUCCES).

I don't go for all the metaphysical Oprah-esque Secret type stuff. I'm more of a Earl Nightengale sorta guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgUc7eLXs0s

Even back to Confucius and Buddha all teachers say you become what you think about. And if you concentrate on being a loser, then that's what happens.

I don't believe in magic. I believe in putting in the work and then maybe you'll earn what you want and might even get a bit of luck in the process.

Anyone who thinks they can just think happy thoughts and all of their dreams come true is a complete idiot and Oprah type people use that as hook to sell the same old knowledge over and over in new packaging.