Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Italics within Quotes

Dryden

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to suggest or petition a small improvement/change.

Currently quotes are done in italic style, which is fine by me. But italics in the quote are not returned to normal, ie. if you use [ i ] inside the blockquote it will just "double" or "reapply" the italics that was already done.

It is customary for italics texts to have the emphasized text in normal font, which is why I want to suggest:

The CSS class that handles the [ i ] tag that results from this usage within the blockquote for example is:
Code:
.bbCodeQuote .quoteContainer .quote i

But from my testing, the following is specific enough:
Code:
.quote i {
    font-style: normal;
}

This will revert the italics that was applied by ".bbCodeQuote .quoteContainer" indiscriminately, to a normal style for specific italics application by the user. So then you can still have emphasis, it will de-emphasize the emphasis that was done.

Hope this can help. You'd have to apply this to the site CSS template/file/script.

Just in case this is not clear:

An italics text like this can have emphasis applied by toggling the italics flag of the text for a single word or phrase.

Got it? :p. Of course if it is ugly you can revert that. From the looks of it I would apply a little spacing around that word myself:

Code:
.quote i::after, .quote i::before {
  content: " ";
}
Oh well, you can play around with it. The space I used here is UTF8 (probably) of the unicode  , which is just   and you can copy it and save it literally in the text. You can even just use padding:

Code:
.quote i {
    font-style: normal;
    padding: 0 2px;
}
But you get issues with interpunction not included in the italics regardless (i mean the i tag). Well, enough with showing off for no reason ;-).

Kudos, D.