Issues With Other Guys

Reaction score
Sosuave, it's great to make a post here. I've been reading around here for awhile.

My question is short and sweet and more in the line of amogs. When I was young, I had a problem with bullies, etc. Now that I'm older, I don't have that same problem but, the mental and emotional responses I still notice are within me.

The problem is that when I run across a guy talking smack for whatever reason (usually just to get a rise outa of me), sometimes I can laugh it off but then sometimes I just snap and outburst.

I'm a relatively cool guy, but when I get into these situations and I "snap", obviously I don't look so cool anymore and actually look kinda stupid.

I pretty much know what I "should do", like ignore the folks or just don't let what others say bother me. For the most part I do, it's just that when I was young, I got bullied really, really, bad. It's like now that I'm older and have been working out etc., its like I've mentally had to build myself up to be a self-confident person despite the tons and tons of bullcrap programming that people have given me since I was young about how much I am a loser, and this and that.

My question is, how can I handle this? I thought about therapy but I'm not sure.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Google... The 48 Laws of Power.

Mr CIDH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go try a therapist. It sucks to have self issues. If you have less of those life will be easier. A therapist may be able to figure out how to kill the "snap" moments.