Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Isn't it funny?

DJ_Mind_Tricks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, isn't it funny how so many people use the word "tone" when they are referring to strength training exercises

Strength training doesn't tone or define your muscle at all, it breaks down your muscle so it can grow while you are at a resting state.

From my research, the only way to "tone" your muscle is to lose a certain amount of bodyfat in that area so your "tone" is visible. I hate it when people try and advocate very high rep exercises that get you "toned" and "defined" The only thing these exercises do is build muscular strength, mass and endurance. The only "toning" youll be doing is cutting the calories in your diet.

am i correct?

please input some thoughts, id like to have a good disscussion about why everyone thinks they can get ripped by just lifting when their body fat% is high.

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep you got it

high reps are for endurance, but if you want to get toned do cardio and take you calories into a healhty range for weight reduction

sure lifting weights burns calories, but if you're going to lift weights do it for mass gain and strength and let cardio do the job for fat loss

runner10_13

Don Juan
Reaction score
yup. Thats why running is so cool.