Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Working Out THAT important for being a DJ ?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the guy was "ugly as ****" his body shouldn't help with the ladies that much. How did the girls act around him?
They didn't appear to be attracted to him at all, but they all seemed quite deferential - much like people are in the company of a lecturer or one's boss at work.

Jariel: you shouldn't be affected with other people. You must improve your confidence ! See ? You are overrating ripped bodies ! Anyway, you must have confidence in yourself. You totally lack confidence when you see someone more ripped than you. Come on, believe in yourself !
I usually have no issues with confidence at all and I know that a number of the women who were there have the hots for me. Yet there's no steering round the fact that he was the physically stronger male.

If he'd have stuck around longer, I'm sure I would have regained my flow and control, but on first impressions, his appearance alone commanded people's respect.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But I believe here many people want to be huge. It seems to me that many won't be happy with a toned body...
For the record, I'm not aiming to be "huge" as I don't like the inflated and bulky bodybuilder look. Personally, I'm trying to achieve a more chiselled and defined look.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MindOverMatter. maybe you'll get approached more often (well, at least here in Portugal some VERY muscled guy won't get the same attention as, let's say, a Men's Health cover guy), but that won't give you more confidence as other stuff you have passion doing. Ah, and fortunately Southern Europe is not like the USA, where you get better treatment for physically looking "better".
I disagree. I spend 6 months in Europe every year, was in Greece, Serbia and Montenegro, Croatia (btw, da li razumes hrvatski?), and Italy this year. I'd say you get even more attention in Europe then you do in states. While most people in Europe are more fit then an average American/Canadian, I have seen maybe 3 guys with built bodies. Lots of guys have the soccer player look: low bodyfat (so their abs show), and some chest development from pushups, but mostly, they are just skinny with no muscle mass. Built guys are rare down there, so it does get you attention. Why do you think I spend 6 months there? :D

But I believe here many people want to be huge. It seems to me that many won't be happy with a toned body...
I don't. I train to have symmetrical muscles with lots of definition. I'm not focused on size, although I don't mind it. But I do know I will never get huge, since I will never use steroids or growth hormones. So the Franco Columbu look is out of question.

Last edited:

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it's confidence that can express power. Not always size.

I walked into a pub and this group of guys walked in. For some reason, I thought they were tough as anything - and before you know it this group of lads surrounded themselves with women - left right and centre. They were probably 155-160lbs and didnt look anything special.

Course, they were only royal marines.! [English marines, so they're tough... not like you yank marines, pft ;)] Turns out one of my mates knew one of them and we had an great laugh. They were organised, had some awesome stories, and conveyed a true 'dont give a fvck' attitude - probably because the worse they could get was a bollocking when they got back to the barracks, but they still had the right attitude

You dont need to be huge, but it gives you a feeling of power - and that can easily be seen by anyone.

Why shouldnt someone work out? Easy. Crap joints. Weak ligaments. I've had to give up most heavy lifting cause my joints cant really handle it [hell, I'm only 18!]. It doesnt stop me trying my hand at boxing and general military-style regimens.

If you're in good shape to work out though, you should atleast give it a try.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pedro
Finally, anyone knows about his body, for sure. But I believe here many people want to be huge. It seems to me that many won't be happy with a toned body...
Maybe, maybe not. I for one don't want to be huge nor do any of the women that I'm seeing. I am muscular but not huge. I'm a cyclist and I don't need a ton of extra weight. I'm 5'11 and last winter I got up to about 195. I looked good but I wasn't cut. So now I've dropped 30lbs and I'm cut. This winter I may put on 5-7 lbs of musle but nothing more.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But I do know I will never get huge, since I will never use steroids or growth hormones. So the Franco Columbu look is out of question.
Heh, I wouldn't exactly call franco huge ;)

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what are you talking about, for a guy his height, he was MASSIVE. compare his lat spread to arnold's, you'll see that it's bigger, and arnold was like 6 inches taller. If Franco was a tall guy, he would have been enormous.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just saying, franco is'nt synonomous with huge. If you say huge, you mean jay cutler and ronnie coleman. Period.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no, ronnie and jay are beyond massive, they're in the dinosaur category. I bet ronnie could eat a fire hydrant if he wanted to.

Pedro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MindOverMatter: da, govorim hrvatski, ili malo.

Razumem je srpski, ne hrvatski. Razumijem je hrvatski :)

I must be one in 10 or 20 Portuguese that can speak some Croatian :p

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why one should work out... there are many reasons.

First, (I don't do it, personally) you can meet girls at the gym.

Second, our bodies are made to move around, but most of today's jobs don't have you running or lifting stuff or whatever. This is the other big reason people are fat now. (The first reason being most people today have very poor eating habits)

Third, numerous studies have shown that working out promotes testosterone. That means, your sex drive will be in higher gear, you'll have more energy, etc.

Fourth, it'll make you look better. That's pretty much the reason most people work out, I guess.

Also, Pedro, I noticed you seem to think working out = bodybuilding. I know a lot of guys who work out and are muscular and cut, but aren't huge. In fact, the Men's Health cover guy look is what most of the guys at my gym are striving for. Also, there IS a difference between "toned" and "chiseled." Toned is what fitness competitions are about, you know, with the thin chicks performing onstage. Chiseled is well-built (not scrawny like soccer players) but not overly so. However, a study (I don't remember where it was from, though, probably Men's Health or some such magazine) said men overestimate what women like by as much as 20lbs of muscle, so you do have a point in saying guys want to get big.

Also, for confidence... it depends on what level. Sure, if you do stand-up comedy, you'll be more confident about rejection, because you'll be used to people not reacting the way you intended, or something. But most guys' hobbies are limited to watching TV and playing on their PlayStation2. Plus, have you ever enjoyed the euphoria after a great workout? (Euphoria from endorphins and such, of course) I doubt a chess player could enjoy the same feelings.

And working out doesn't have to be in a gym with weights and such. You can work out by playing sports, or cross-country running, or biking, or any other physical activity.

Basically, there are some things you get from working out and sports, such as the fitness, that you won't get anywhere else.

I'm still wondering why we SHOULDN'T work out though?

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MindOverMatter: da, govorim hrvatski, ili malo.

Razumem je srpski, ne hrvatski. Razumijem je hrvatski
Imas nekoliko gramatickih greski, ali prilicno dobro pricas. mada to nema nikakve veze, hravatice vole portugalce/spance/italiane haha.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great reply fred!

Pedro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DISASTROUS reply, Fred:

1. If the first reason is that one can meet girls at the gym, then all the ones who go there with THAT one as a reason are obviously LOSERS !

Yes, BELOW AFC's !

Why ? Easy.

Going anywhere "because there are women" is a LOSER thing to do. A DJ just doesn't care and do his life NEVER doing that kind of options.
If he's anywhere and sees the opportunity, very well. Going anywhere to go after or to meet woman is anti-DJ, in fact.

2. No body of any species is made to move around or not. And you can choose if you move or not.

3. I don't know why you are so worried about the testosterone you have or not. I'm not worried, I'm perfectly confortable with the one I have :p

MindOverMatter: your Serbian is far better than my Croatian. Monday I'll answer you :p

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I'm prolly gonna stop by Croatia this summer, if you're there, lets team up and hit up some clubs. Hopefully they wont kill my Serb ass for hitting on their women, lol.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DISASTROUS reply, Fred:

1. If the first reason is that one can meet girls at the gym, then all the ones who go there with THAT one as a reason are obviously LOSERS !

Yes, BELOW AFC's !

Why ? Easy.

Going anywhere "because there are women" is a LOSER thing to do. A DJ just doesn't care and do his life NEVER doing that kind of options.
If he's anywhere and sees the opportunity, very well. Going anywhere to go after or to meet woman is anti-DJ, in fact.

2. No body of any species is made to move around or not. And you can choose if you move or not.

3. I don't know why you are so worried about the testosterone you have or not. I'm not worried, I'm perfectly confortable with the one I have :p

MindOverMatter: your Serbian is far better than my Croatian. Monday I'll answer you :p
1. I'm not sure if you know what being a DJ is really about Pedro. The only thing that really seperates a DJ from an AFC is the fact that a DJ doesn't supplicate to others, while an AFC does. Seeking out women isn't AFC, it's HUMAN. DJs do it, AFCs do it; women seek out men, etc. etc. Our bodies and minds are programmed to do this, so we can reproduce.

Now, if you're only going to the gym to meet chicks, then yes, that's very lame, but it's not AFC. Like it or not, gyms are good places to meet women. You can kill more than just two birds with one stone by going to a gym and working out.

2. Hmmm...well you know, certain parts of our bodies are designed for certain functions. Our legs are obviously there for the purpose of walking, which is a natural movement. Our arms are there for grabbing and lifting things. In our society today, we don't really need to be in great health to survive. But in prehistoric times, a fit human would have a much greater chance at survival than an unfit human. If you want to be a "natural" human being in the truest sense of the word, then you should be in the best shape you can possibly be in. ****ing cavemen never had to worry about being "cut" or "built" because 90% of them already were without even trying. You were the exception if you were actually fat, while in today's world you are the exception if you are in great shape. Why do you think fat people were only like 5% of the population about 400 years ago, and now it's up to almost 50%? Cause we're all lazy, out of shape slobs.

3. Men with higher testosterone will always score more than those with lower testosterone. Fact.

Pedro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Il Duce: It's very lame, it's worse than being an AFC. And I made clear the difference between seeking out women and doing THAT.

There's a HUGE difference between being able to walk and having to look like our ancestors did.

Oh, come on. "The solution for my life is getting more testosterone".....I won't even comment that one.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, come on. "The solution for my life is getting more testosterone".....I won't even comment that one.
Heh, until you get an elevated test and stop being a metrosexual, I think you shouldn't comment on that one, because you have no clue. :D

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DISASTROUS reply, Fred:

Yes, BELOW AFC's !

Why ? Easy.

1. Actually I may agree to number 1. If you only go to the gym to met chicks then obviously you are a loser. Most people go there to work out not to meet women. That's a good side effect that you meet other people, not just women.

However you do not have the slightest right to say what a DJ is. You can only say what it means to you, you see it's different for every people. A DJ is what we want it to be, our ideal we see ourself in. And please stop with the "Why? Easy!"-thing.

2. This is so wrong I don't know where to begin. Inactivity will deterioate your body, your heart will be less developed than if you move around. With inactivity your metabolism goes down and you are more prone to get fat and stuff like that. You will have more problems with pain in the body because you are not used to movement. Not to talk about the mental effect about training, it cannot be described in words. Training in some form is something everyone should do.

3. You will feel supercharged after a workout, it can't be described in words. It's like... you are on top of the world.

Again what the hell are you doing here if you don't work out? We won't change because you tell us to or say that the stuff we feel we don't feel.