Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is this stupid?

Mark1234

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just recently found out my Toyota Tacoma was on recall for a rusty frame and they are going to make an offer to buy it back at around 150% blue book value.

I'm going to miss that truck but the rust was so bad that it was almost a death trap to drive, so I'm glad I took it in to get it checked out or something bad could've happened.

Anyways right now I'm driving a rental from Toyota until I get final word on my truck but eventually I will have to find another vehicle.

Tell me if you think this plan is stupid :

I was planning on buying my parent's old truck (still good condition, they just don't drive it anymore) for the winter weather and to haul groceries/supplies but still leaving me a large sum of money which I was going to purchase a 250cc/600cc comfortable sport bike to use as my main commuter. This would actually leave me a little more money which I use for investing or rainy day funds. I've owned a motorcycle in the past and love to drive them : great gas mileage, really fun, cheap insurance, going on group rides, ect.

Anyways what would you guys do?

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I have a little rust, it's dangerous!!! Tell it to me, the local Russian, you little American feminized sissy. Did you know that Lada comes off factory with rust?

What's rusting? Did you take time to see for yourself how bad it is? Maybe the fix is as simple as anti-rust spray and a spray can of paint, all for $5?

I'll tell you this one simple truth, which is universal and works in Russia and USA, and other countries as well. Car repair men, including those found at different dealerships, have arms growing out of their butt. Start doing car repairs yourself.

For me 150% of blue book value is a sh`tty deal, and it speaks volumes that your greed took over you. But you see, you Americans are stupid, from birth. Blue book is really toilet paper, and your truck can be sold for a lot more, especially if it is in good condition, and if you put new tires on it, and clean it all over. But maybe you don't need to sell it?

Now a little word for trucks. What you use it for? To haul groceries? Then you must be a one fat ass, because that's a lot of groceries. Maybe you need it because you have a size deficiency? Why in the world do you need a pickup truck? How about you just buy a jeep wrangler? Nice 4x4. Or maybe you could buy a 1990s ford contour svt, nice little sleeper, and cheap.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backseatjuan said:
I have a little rust, it's dangerous!!! Tell it to me, the local Russian, you little American feminized sissy. Did you know that Lada comes off factory with rust?

What's rusting? Did you take time to see for yourself how bad it is? Maybe the fix is as simple as anti-rust spray and a spray can of paint, all for $5?

I'll tell you this one simple truth, which is universal and works in Russia and USA, and other countries as well. Car repair men, including those found at different dealerships, have arms growing out of their butt. Start doing car repairs yourself.
No offence backdoorjuan, but as usual, you have no f*cking clue what you are talking about. Did you see the part where he said that it's the frame that's rusting away? And you want to fix it with a can of spray paint? Do some research on the Toyota's frame rust issue. Those trucks are literally breaking in half.

To the OP, I would recommend against riding a bike for your daily commute. To many idiots on the road, so it's only a matter of time until someone runs into you and you die or gets seriously injured.

Mark1234

Don Juan
Reaction score
backseatjuan said:

For me 150% of blue book value is a sh`tty deal, and it speaks volumes that your greed took over you. But you see, you Americans are stupid, from birth. Blue book is really toilet paper, and your truck can be sold for a lot more, especially if it is in good condition, and if you put new tires on it, and clean it all over. But maybe you don't need to sell it?

Now a little word for trucks. What you use it for? To haul groceries? Then you must be a one fat ass, because that's a lot of groceries. Maybe you need it because you have a size deficiency? Why in the world do you need a pickup truck? How about you just buy a jeep wrangler? Nice 4x4. Or maybe you could buy a 1990s ford contour svt, nice little sleeper, and cheap.

LOL damn bro, bad day at the office?

Mark1234

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
No offence backdoorjuan, but as usual, you have no f*cking clue what you are talking about. Did you see the part where he said that it's the frame that's rusting away? And you want to fix it with a can of spray paint? Do some research on the Toyota's frame rust issue. Those trucks are literally breaking in half.

To the OP, I would recommend against riding a bike for your daily commute. To many idiots on the road, so it's only a matter of time until someone runs into you and you die or gets seriously injured.

Yeah, good point Bokanovsky. However people are fairly decent drivers where I'm from, but it only takes one i guess.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backseatjuan said:

:crackup:

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Rusty frame is the easiest to fix, you idiots. You take off body to get to the rust. Then you cut and weld rusty stuff away, paint it, and put body back on. The whole thing should cost you around $800, and take about half a day.

America is full of idiots, I heard they even have to write by the law on a knife not cut yourself, swallow, or stick it up your butt, or else they get sued or something. Toyota got sued over some sh`t and now there is a recall, in order to prevent more law suits. There are no toyota trucks on the road breaking in half, that one I can guarantee you.

Notice how Toyota does not offer you to fix the problem, instead they want the truck back for penny's, and they want you to buy another Toyota. A) they get recycle material, B) they get their sales boosted.

I say it's a sh`t deal, jack up the body and fix it, and while at it, reinforce it with more steel.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backseatjuan, read your warning in your inbox.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
^Yes, I guess you better let the dealership fool you and sell your truck for pennies, just like the mod said. :crackup:

Doing the fix yourself, which involves lifting the body, could lead you the cursing syndrome!