Is this rejection?

nateistoraw

Don Juan
Reaction score
After a long convo I ask her for her number.
Her response, well how about you add me on facebook.

:C

Was that psuedo-rejection?

Cinamon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not at all. Some girls like to wait a while before they give their number to a guy, make sure he isnt a stalker or psycho. Facebook is a good start.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nateistoraw said:
After a long convo I ask her for her number.
Her response, well how about you add me on facebook.

:C

Was that psuedo-rejection?

Yes and no.

Sorry Cinnamon, but how is adding someone on Facebook any less "creepier", unless she has a Facebook set JUST for people that are potential daters. If she was worried about creeps, she'd have given you just an email instead. But by using Facebook she's giving you the guise of letting you into her world but all she's going to do is carefully pick apart everything on yours.

And don't be surprised if you ask for a friend request and she doesn't add you. Sometimes people do this just so they can have access to the Facebook page without really giving up their stuff. Not that I am saying that this is the case, but it is possible.

It's an easy way for her to see all about you without even having to talk about it or go through all the work of asking herself.

I would have said "NO" to the Facebook and asked for an email instead. I don't want someone I just met to know ALL about me that quickly. I know people advocate Facebook as a medium for dating, but maybe more so when you MEET her through Facebook rather than meeting someone... then getting a Facebook request and THEN a phone number??? Sounds like a lot of work to me.

But then you have to wonder... what was your conversation like in the first place that led her to say that she'd want the Facebook instead of a phone number. You must not have developed enough rapport and comfort with her that she'd want that instead.

Which then again, rings true with what Cinamon said... a lot of women don't want to give out their numbers if they think the person is creepy.

So I guess there is one more question to ask:

Where did this conversation take place, what was the conversation about and what your demeanor?

The problem isn't that she offered Facebook... the problem is that she didn't feel comfortable enough to give you her phone number.

Vikman

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's happened to me before. Next time that happens, tell her you don't have a Facebook (I don't have Facebook). She'll give you her number instead.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its as close to a no as you can get.

She's clearly not dying to get together for a first date any time soon, lets be honest.

Imagine what she was saying to herself when she said why dont u add me on facebook. Id say it went something like 'uhhhhhhhh, ummmmmmm'.

Not at all. Some girls like to wait a while before they give their number to a guy, make sure he isnt a stalker or psycho. Facebook is a good start.
Yes, and send her a love letter to get the ball rolling.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, what's with girls that do that? They know why your asking for their number. It's not like you guys see each other on a regular basis (or you potential won't ever see her again). Maybe I'm just lucky, in the last 6 months or so I've only had 1 girl tell me she'd rather give me her email than her number (and then she gave me her number during our first msn convo and we went out the following week). Most girls give me their number or just say they aren't interested (the number most of the time). If I were you I'd take it as a rejection. Add her if you like but don't get your hopes up.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well talk to her on facebook and see what happens. Its not like she said she didnt have a phone and didnt counter offer. She may be on the fences about talking to you or not.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes facebook is a soft rejection ... if they like you they'd give their number.

you shouldnt have given her your FB. have some self respect and worth ... damn!
FB is another way (similar to email) to allow them to control the situation, and YOU...

FB also removes any of the mystery you would otherwise have... they know ALL about you and get bored even quicker...

ALPHAROMEO

Banned
Reaction score
the worst scenario !!!!!!!

again if your approach is indirect what s the worst you can hear

" **** off "

" leave me alone "

it s not that terrible is it?