Is this forum a democracy or Police State

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Dong, I'll only comment that you agonizing over this is very effeminate. I'm not throwing you out there but this is extremely childish.

Tell you what, if you want to witness some really sh!tty Moderating head your ass over to LoveShack.org and type: cvnt.See what happens to you by those he-b!tches.

The Mods here go through a ton of rubbish and it's something I do not envy at all.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL @ "he-b!tches" :crackup:

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dongfu said:
Good boy Rollo. Go fetch the post! Now sit, siiiit. Good! Now rollo over.

JK, having fun. I guess this is a good enough explanation. But i'd still like to know the exact reason my thread was closed. Was it because I said "Black Girl" instead of African? Can you never mention nationality? Could I never make a field report that mentions the country the girl was from and how I had to adjust my approach? Where the definitive lines drawn?
I'll take a stab at your question; from an obvious point of view. Any thread, regardless of how mature, sophisticated, or thought out it might start out, that includes an argument, comment, opinion, based on race, will eventually turn into a flame war once lesser minds start posting. The quality of those threads quickly takes a nose dive once people perceive it or turn it into a racial argument.

The above never fails. Here are a few guarantees. Any thread that starts with something like "Does David DeAngelo stuff work?" will eventually turn into "He's a hack. A snakeoil salesman", etc. Any thread that starts with "Why is gasoline so expensive?" will turn into an ugly political argument. Any thread that focuses on somebody's racial/ethnic backgrouds, will sure become a "So and so race is higher/lesser value than so and so race" type of argument.

The mods here are just dealing with "The way things are", and not "The way things SHOULD BE". While I do agree those type of threads could be discussed in a mature and informative matter, most members here are the ones who cannot handle it, based on how idiotic they tend to get once they start posting.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
Gangster Of Love said:
I'll take a stab at your question; from an obvious point of view. Any thread, regardless of how mature, sophisticated, or thought out it might start out, that includes an argument, comment, opinion, based on race, will eventually turn into a flame war once lesser minds start posting. The quality of those threads quickly takes a nose dive once people perceive it or turn it into a racial argument.

The above never fails. Here are a few guarantees. Any thread that starts with something like "Does David DeAngelo stuff work?" will eventually turn into "He's a hack. A snakeoil salesman", etc. Any thread that starts with "Why is gasoline so expensive?" will turn into an ugly political argument. Any thread that focuses on somebody's racial/ethnic backgrouds, will sure become a "So and so race is higher/lesser value than so and so race" type of argument.

The mods here are just dealing with "The way things are", and not "The way things SHOULD BE". While I do agree those type of threads could be discussed in a mature and informative matter, most members here are the ones who cannot handle it, based on how idiotic they tend to get once they start posting.
Nice reply. I agree.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately many people are stupid or evil and so we have mods.

One thing I would like to see more of is moderated posts and not just locking of threads. If an otherwise good thread has a couple of bad posts, then just edit or delete those posts and save the thread. Fix the flat instead of scrapping the car.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Unfortunately many people are stupid or evil and so we have mods.

One thing I would like to see more of is moderated posts and not just locking of threads. If an otherwise good thread has a couple of bad posts, then just edit or delete those posts and save the thread. Fix the flat instead of scrapping the car.
Yeah, that's a good idea theoretically but there will still be people pissed off because where post was edited or deleted and will continuously repost in the thread and/or post an new thread about their deleted. This'll continue until the person is banned but more than likely they'd come back with a different screen name and pick up where they left off.

In a nutshell, all of this will continue to happen unless the forum becomes private. I don't think there's much chance of that happening.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
happyguy2 said:
So, why was I banned? :box:
Mahon or is it Duex? It's been so quiet around here I didn't realize that both of you guys were banned. Maybe I should have put one and one together... :rolleyes:

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh it's a democracy. We're just suspending your constitution via the emergency measures act. Can't be safe with all this cyber-terrorism.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked Dongfu :(

Edit: Response to Desdinova so I don't have to waste a post.

Thats what I was thinking when I saw this thread was bumped. Since Fluid only has 18 posts in over a year I don't think he cares.