is there such a thing as workplace game?

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does workplace game exist? if so, what constitutes it?

I have my own theories, namely building rapport, meeting for lunch in work and then out of work.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure there is such a thing as workplace game, but generally it's a better idea to find your women outside of work. Girls you work with are basically low hanging fruit. Being in close contact with them will naturally result in crushes and infatuations, and a lot of people meet their mates this way. But there is always a risk of drama when things don't go well. Some places may even have strict policies against coworkers dating.

If you are really on top of your game, and have successfully built a solid social life, you should be able to create opportunites to find women outside of work. This can be more difficult for people who work unusual schedules, like working off shifts and such. I've worked off shifts most of my life, and it's hard because you don't fit naturally into most people's routines.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you talking about a real job? If you are one of the few people lucky enough to have one of those, you probably shouldn't fvck it up.

But if it's a job that is easily replaceable, then that is another story. Being a bouncer at a night club is probably the easiest job if you want to get laid as a result of the people you meet at work. Working at a restaurant would be second. Pretty much everyone in food service will party on their off time, so you just end up at someone's house party. One of these days, I am going to go get my old high school job back, flipping burgers at Wendy's, and then proceed to fvck every misguided young girl who works there. It's not like getting fired is that big of a deal.

My test for knowing what job is ok to fvck co-workers versus what job isn't is very simple. Do they drug test job applicants? If they do, that means there are other people who want your job. If they don't, that means that the company is lucky to get anyone to work at such a lousy job, and outside of blatant boss-to-employee sexual harassment, they will tolerate sex with co-workers.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having sexed my share of co-workers (and one boss), yes there is "workplace game." It's a lot like real game. But since you see the person every day you have to moderate yourself differently.

The key for me was to establish myself as the Office Flirt wherever I worked. Talk to all the girls, even the ugly and fat ones. Be outgoing. Mention the date you had last night or the girl outside the office who's chasing you. Pretty soon the impression of you will be that you're a Cassanova.

But don't forget to put "playtime" on hold when push comes to shove. Do your job and do it well. Don't ALWAYS be Mr. Flirt. Sometimes be Mr. Serious, Mr. Busy, etc. I should add that you don't want to go over any lines with what you do/say - and those lines often vary from office to office.

If the people from your office invite you out for drinks, go out but don't get hammered. Definitely have fun, but cut out early. When I was much younger, I'd get drunk and hang out til 2 a.m. thinking I'd be able to take home a similarly drunk chick. Bad idea. Better to take a step backward and save face. As I got older I started leaving without telling anyone, after an hour or so. The next day the girls would be all "where did you go last night??" and I'd just say I had to meet someone.

Finally, if the object of your desires ever says "we shouldn't do this, we work together," AGREE & AMPLIFY. That means you say "you're right - the last time I did this it caused trouble." Back off and don't press. As always, let her come to you.

(I only ever did this at jobs I didn't care much about, or where it was permitted to fraternize. If you value your job, and you think it's a risk to have an office romance, by all means, refrain.)

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I'm sure there is such a thing as workplace game, but generally it's a better idea to find your women outside of work. Girls you work with are basically low hanging fruit. Being in close contact with them will naturally result in crushes and infatuations, and a lot of people meet their mates this way. But there is always a risk of drama when things don't go well. Some places may even have strict policies against coworkers dating.

If you are really on top of your game, and have successfully built a solid social life, you should be able to create opportunites to find women outside of work. This can be more difficult for people who work unusual schedules, like working off shifts and such. I've worked off shifts most of my life, and it's hard because you don't fit naturally into most people's routines.
I agree to some extent, but I don't agree with "don't poop where you eat". it's a rule of thumb IMO and not an absolute. i think though that a hot woman is as such, and where one meets her is immaterial. the only thing I wouldn't do is date somebody immediately in a department.

RockaRolla25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
One of these days, I am going to go get my old high school job back, flipping burgers at Wendy's, and then proceed to fvck every misguided young girl who works there. It's not like getting fired is that big of a deal.
Are you really going to do that?

According to your profile, you are 36. I worked in retail when I was in High School and we had a guy there who was 41 and working on the sales floor and all the girls working there thought he was a loser and weren't into him at all.

My guess is that you would be viewed as the "creepy old guy" with no life.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Retail b!tches always seemed frumpy to me. They don't party like food service girls.

And yes, I'm 36. But I look 26 and I act 16. It's all in your head, anyway. "Hey let's go get fvcked up!!!" is about all it takes as far as strategy.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but for me the workplace is where you are constantly working angles and hustling and trying to get ahead. Maybe it's different in other lines of work, but I know that my job is pretty competitive. Chasing tail will only lead to your competitors getting ahead (unless you're sleeping your way to the top, in which case that's a different story!).

And of course, fvcking your colleagues might create a real messy situation. That chick you just pumped and dumped? Now she's probably yapping to all her coworker friends about what an a$$hole you are. That could be a factor when that promotion is up for grabs. As we all know, getting ahead isn't only about merit....office politics plays a role too.

Personally, I'd recommend abstaining from "office game." There's not a great risk-reward ratio there. There are plenty of opportunities to get tail outside of work and there's less risk of your dalliances coming back to bite you in the a$s.

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
I don't know about you guys, but for me the workplace is where you are constantly working angles and hustling and trying to get ahead. Maybe it's different in other lines of work, but I know that my job is pretty competitive. Chasing tail will only lead to your competitors getting ahead (unless you're sleeping your way to the top, in which case that's a different story!).

And of course, fvcking your colleagues might create a real messy situation. That chick you just pumped and dumped? Now she's probably yapping to all her coworker friends about what an a$$hole you are. That could be a factor when that promotion is up for grabs. As we all know, getting ahead isn't only about merit....office politics plays a role too.

Personally, I'd recommend abstaining from "office game." There's not a great risk-reward ratio there. There are plenty of opportunities to get tail outside of work and there's less risk of your dalliances coming back to bite you in the a$s.
These are all valid points, but sometimes it's too good to pass.

Xenon

Don Juan
Reaction score
ilikecharlene said:
These are all valid points, but sometimes it's too good to pass.
I had thought this too. I tried it, things didn't work out, and now things are pretty awkward.

We have the same circle of friends too (all graduate students), and whenever they do something, I don't get invited because she is with them. And, I get to hear ALL about the new guys she is with, which turns out to be about 1 every month.

Was it worth it? Absolutely not.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
workplace game involves making connections and doing a competent job in order to further your career, and staying away from office skanks who have nothing to lose by boning their co-workers.