Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there any advantages to having female friends?

lordclem*

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when i first came here,reading doc loves articles.there was this ff i didnt like her but like talking to her.everyone thought i liked her,well i did look like a AFC

but them looked at the friendship only to find,i was acting like afc!!and was the giver!!spoke to her almost everyday and she never called me!this caused me to look at all my ff and thus finding that they were all bizthz!
and now have an 'only use if nessary' policy with them (i like none of them )
there are (must be some cool chicks out there?)nice chick but dont know none
the lord has spoken

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think what we can all agree on is that as long as you don't fall for your friends, than it's a wonderful idea. (But really, don't, it's SOOOOOO annoying to the girl!)

Besides, lots of girls around you make you look like PlMP !!! :p

redvoodoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Having women friends gets you noticed by other women its a "social proof" that you must be good. You can learn alot about what makes them tick especially when they talk about other women . I think its ok to ask them what they like as far as sex but never about what they want in a man.

karmavsDogma

Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion on the matter, as a recovering AFC:

I have a friend, been friends with her over 3 years, and there has been some mutual attraction. However, since I was an AFC, I went about it all wrong and completely screwed it all up. Rather than kicking myself over it for a year or so (as I used to), I decided to learn from it. There's a few things that I've noticed between me and her that I think are positives. For one, she's pretty hot, I'd say around an 8-9, so when we're out together, the jealousy factor kicks in for all the other pretty ladies I'd rather be taking home. It also helps that we have this great rapport, so much so that most people assume we're dating anyway. And you know how women want what they can't have. I also have learned a lot about things I never would have. When I met her, I was a major club kid, really into techno and the whole club culture, which isn't really shared that much by other people (especially women) here in the Midwestern USA. I mean, there's club kids around, but it's a real niche culture. My friend opened me up to other areas of music and culture. I retained my penchant for club culture, but also discovered punk, soul, and R&B (the good stuff) through just knowing her. That opens up more topics when talking to other chicks. I have learned a few things about what women really like, because I ask POINTED QUESTIONS, not about what she thinks women want, but what SHE WANTS when she's looking for a guy. I've also been able to build up a profile of the qualities I really want in a woman, just by having been so close to her.

The female friend also gives you someone to hang out with when you need it. Even though you're pretty much guaranteed a non-sexual encounter, they can still stroke the ego, especially when getting over the rejection thing. This has been extremely important for me in the early days of DJ'ing. If I need a little extra boost to get back out there, I go see her. Also, I can emotionally unload on her so I don't start gushing to some little hottie and ruin a potential candidate.

By the way, it's been mentioned that once attracted, always attracted. I guess it really depends on the person, but I can honestly say that I'm not attracted to her anymore in a romantic way. I'd still knock it to Japan if she wanted to get it on, but other than casual sex, I'd never actually want anything more with her (whereas before, I'd have given my left - fill in the blank - to spend the rest of my life with her).

Don't discount female friendships. If becoming a DJ is all about learning about the opposite sex, those female friends can be an untapped goldmine. Just make sure you go about it correctly.

------------------
"Workers of the world, get off my couch." ~Andy French

MattB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having female friends are good IMO.
They are usually smarter academically, and have better handwirtings (so you can get notes from them)

Palomo

Don Juan
Reaction score
the main advantage of having female friend´s is that they can give advice to other girls that hesitate about you, because girls talk about specific guys 3 times more than girls, and she can recommend her about you, but otherwise, girls adivices about other girls are crap, i completely agree.
Personally i don´t agree or disagree if FFs is a bad thing, but i think as u get older, female friends tend to be useless.

beastmaster79

Don Juan
Reaction score
female friends will constantly try to manipulate you so you have to keep you game up or they will pussify you. female friends are just the ones who are fun to chill with even when you are not ****ing them. you can still be friends with girls and try to **** them at the same time. you have to stay honest. if you would enjoy ****ing a girl you have to try. if you have a legitimate friend connection with a girl she will remain your friend even if you **** her or try to **** her. but never be friends with a girl you want to **** unless you actually attempt to **** her.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Really, guys, you're all over-analysing this. The wider network of friends you have, the better. Male or female. You're most likely to meet a decent women through friends. And, you're most likely to meet females through female friends (women love playing match maker).

Snakk3

Don Juan
Reaction score
since i was 13 most of my closest friends were females, just 3/4 close male friends. this is because almost all of the guys of my school etc are like 2 years younger than they are, a little retarded.
so i always had lot of female friends, this was good some years ago but in my high school years i had the problem that some of my female friends (hot girls :) ) were hated by lots of other girls in highschool and that was not good for me in this 3 years :\

but i agree that being with good looking girls in a social place is good for you.

(btw, the mainly problem was that i didn't aproach girls, i was always waiting for them... lets see if things are going to be different now.. =X )

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Female friends are a great source of social proof. Not only that, but a girl who likes you will talk to your other female friends about how hot you are. One girl likes you, and her friends will too.

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, the more you talk to girls, the more comfortable you get, and learn and stuff. I have a few 7-8/10 girls who are close friends with me, I liked one of them once, and realized I was attached, and LJBF'ded her. I'm kinda glad I did that, more she tells me about her life, less I like her in a romantic way, and now I really don't at all.

Now, shes one of my best friends, she tells me stuff, and helps me out. Only thing is, is that she hates girls lmao, and doesn't really have any hot friends.

samiam1

Reaction score
I agree that it's normally good to have a good group of platonic female friends, but this week I found out it can come back to bite you in the ass. I've been really into one of my classmates for a while, and we spent pretty much the entire past week (spring break) together alone, and it turns out two of my female friends that were also there confronted her halfway through the week about "leading me on" and told her that I had feelings for her, pretty much ruining any chances I had of building attraction. On top of that, when me and her were talking, she said one of the main reasons she viewed me as just a friend was that she saw that I was such good friends with her best friend and she thought it could be like that between us.

So basically, it can be helpful, I love all my girl friends, but you've got to watch out or it can backfire you.

lalahaha

Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with alot of people of how girl friends can be useful.....
but in my experience its hard to have a true friendship with a girl than a boy. its very easy to become an "emotional tampon" to the girl you are going to become a friend with, but that doesn't exactly mean bad unless your intentions were other than friendship. and more often than not the girl or the boy will develop attractions for each other and it can **** things up completely

jimbobebop

Reaction score
It's a good idea to have female club friends but its a more advanced style.The problem is that she will gain feeling when she sees you with other women. Yes, you can use this to your advantage as she will give that "I'm not with him but..." vibe to other women, which will bring up your status but its a slippery slope. Just don't have sex with them or have them talk to women for you, both will make them feel used. I like to over do it on the funny and self self deprecating hummor to make me look less attractive. Not to be an ass but see them more as a tool then some thing to put your tool in.

Blank

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot females have hot female friends. Want more attractive women in your life? For every hot female friend you have, you could meet 3, 4, 5++ more of her hot friends.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the movie "Magnolia", Tom Cruise plays a DJ giving classes to big audiences. At one point he explains to the audience that they should never see a girl as a friend. But then he continues:

"That's not to say that we don't all need females just as friends, cuz we're gonna learn later in chapter 23 that having a couple of chick friends lying around will come in real handy in setting jaleousy traps" :D

Watch his scenes here, they're GREAT (the quote is from the second scene):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2IVF9a2IA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCEYxs7kWmQ&NR=1

hiteshsahni

Reaction score
A beginner's step

I am new to this forum but have been exposed to the community for a few months now. I am no expert in that I never approach strangers. Although I have revolutionized my life to the point where I face no problems in hooking up with the hottest girls in my social circles :)

When you realize your "afc-ness" for the first time and want to get this area of your life handled, it's not easy to unlearn 20-25 years of shy and insecure habits and adopt confident mindset right away. Newbies do have certain anxieties and awkwardness in their handling of the opposite sex that women catch on pretty quick because of their nature-gifted intuition.

If you are starting off from a frame in which you are apologetic about your sex drive and scared of showing fake disinterest or genuine interest in a woman, then it certainly helps to just make them your friends. As you spend time with them and see that they are just as human as you are and there is nothing divine or angelic about them, that's the beginning of an enlightenment.

When you reach a stage where you are comfortable around women and you don't care what they think, then you'll be better able to show interest or make them interested in you.

My two cents :)

lateluvr

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had one, so I can't say. Women are either lovers, potential lovers, past lovers who are just part of the crowd, like all the other women. I am sure that such a viewpoint constitutes being a reprehensible dinosaur to most women, but hey, I only need ONE. :) I want one who can appreciate my honest. She will just have to overlook my Neanderthal outlook, that's all, just as she will have to overlook my other faults.

EvilAgenda

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What you should ask is, are there any disadvantages to having attractive female friends. See if you can come up with any good ones.

-------------------------------------------------------
Having attractive female friends does the following for you:
1) Raises your status.
2) Gives you access to great advice.
3) Introduces you to her attractive female friends.
--------------------------------------------------------
If she wants more than friendship from you, remind her you like her as a friend. If she persists, walk away.

The worst compliment a girl can give to a guy: "I like you as a friend."
The best compliment a guy can give to a girl: "I like you as a friend."