Is there a way to weed out girls without dating them?

tobby

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to explain this topic for a second. I know you have to approach girls you're interested in and I'm not afraid of rejection or etc. Right now I don't really have the money to always pay for dates. I'm a college student (engineer) and I don't really have a lot of time to enjoy the social scene, keep up my grades (I'm really particular about them. I want a 4.0, but it requires a lot of work to get A's!), and still get a job so I have cash when I need it.

I want to limit how many girls I'd have to date before I know if I'm truly interested in them. I have conversations with the girls I like, but you guys know you can't really get a vibe or etc. off of a conversation. What would you all recommend? :confused:

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, I have to disagree with your last comment when you said you can't get a vibe from a conversation. If you guys connect, you'll connect. If the chemistry's there, you'll feel it with talking.

As far as how many dates? I usually give the 3 date rule. If i'm not interested by the end of the 3rd date, then next her.

tobby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I'm forcing it abit. I get the number and I feel the convo abit, but afterwards, I usually lose interest in the person after the first date. Maybe I haven't had a true experience of chemistry yet? i just haven't had the "click" between most girls I've been physically attracted to. There's this one girl that's "great" but I'm not physically attracted to her though.

Enjin 7

Don Juan
Reaction score
woooooo hoooooooo!!!! I'm in the exact same boat as you!

here is what I do... within the first day, find out if they are virgin, christian, hott, loyal, and if we have chemistry. that's how I weed them out. =)

engineering is a fun major huh?

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should expand your social circle. Become friends with every single person that you can. Then, rather than cold approaching and getting dates with girls only to find that you're not that into them, you can spend a reasonable amount of time socializing with them and get to know them at least somewhat before choosing to progress with them. This is really the kind of situation that social circle dating is built for, sort of pre-screening.

Is your biggest issue primarily the cash for the dates or is it a lack time for social activity as well? If time is also a large concern then you'll have to work pretty hard to get the largest group of friends that you can, but I'm sure you'll do fine

Just be sure to read up on this board and the DJB on how to ensure that you don't get thrown into the "friend" category by taking your time. I'd offer some advice, but that's always been my weak point, if I don't make a move almost immediately, I'm friended 9 times out of 10. I'm sure there's something on here about keeping their interest level high while taking your time to sort things out (matter of fact, I might just need to search for that as well).

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a bit off-topic but I'm starting an engineering degree at uni next year,

so is it any good? I mean, would you do it again if given the chance to change?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tobby said:
Right now I don't really have the money to always pay for dates.

Then don't pay. Just because you have a vagina doesn't mean you get free rides.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Takes about 40 seconds of talking for me to decide if I'd lay the chick or not. After that - it doesn't really change no matter what kind of sh1t she pulls... I still wanna lay her.

How about you?

tobby

Don Juan
Reaction score
I need both of those things in a lay. I have to have just more than a physical attraction. (Don't get me wrong, pvssy's pvssy, but I don't just jump into bed with chicks. I like more meaningful lays. :))

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Great!!! Keep YOur Focus

tobby said:
I want to explain this topic for a second. I know you have to approach girls you're interested in and I'm not afraid of rejection or etc. Right now I don't really have the money to always pay for dates. I'm a college student (engineer) and I don't really have a lot of time to enjoy the social scene, keep up my grades (I'm really particular about them. I want a 4.0, but it requires a lot of work to get A's!), and still get a job so I have cash when I need it.

I want to limit how many girls I'd have to date before I know if I'm truly interested in them. I have conversations with the girls I like, but you guys know you can't really get a vibe or etc. off of a conversation. What would you all recommend? :confused:

I like your focus. Don't let chicks distract you. Anyway, money isn't an issue. Apply the "$40 dollar Rule." SPEND NO MORE THAN $40 ON A DATE!!!! Zero is optimal, better yet get her to pay. You only take a chick to dinner to "close the deal." Here's an example of getting out of buying chicks meals.

Tobby: Hey what's up?
Chick: Nothing. What's going on with you?
engage in a brief mindless conversation
Tobby: When are you having dinner?
Chick: About 8:30. Why?
Tobby: I'm going to the bar about 9. You should meet me there.

She'll either agree to the "date," or she'll say she has other plans. The important thing is when she meets you. SHE'S ALREADY EATEN!!! Through saving you money. Your objective then is to proceed as normal. Make your move and get her back to her place or some back alley for a smash session.

theSpeculator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Juan and only said:
so is it any good? I mean, would you do it again if given the chance to change?
Engineering is a pretty good major, but some people go into it for the wrong reason, ie money. Just give it a try, if you like it stay. How are you gonna know if you like something if you don't give it a chance?

tobby said:
Is there a way to weed out girls without dating them?
Yes, but I can't help you. You just gonna have to figure out what you like in a girl and weed them out on those criteria, ie looks, intelligence, personality, etc.

Also a 4.0 GPA doesn't guarantee a job. Grade does matter, but social and communication skill is more important in the real world. I can tell by how you "sound" in your post you need to work on that. So yeah, you can get a feel of a girl's personality just from a conversation. You just need to learn how.

I don't really have a lot of time to enjoy the social scene
Yes, engineering is more time demanding, but it's not gonna take all of your time. Especially at the lower levels. You just gonna have to make some effort to have a social life.

shumon

Banned
Reaction score
T Money said:
Hmm, I have to disagree with your last comment when you said you can't get a vibe from a conversation. If you guys connect, you'll connect. If the chemistry's there, you'll feel it with talking.

As far as how many dates? I usually give the 3 date rule. If i'm not interested by the end of the 3rd date, then next her.
agreed

djtdot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
theSpeculator said:
Engineering is a pretty good major, but some people go into it for the wrong reason, ie money. Just give it a try, if you like it stay. How are you gonna know if you like something if you don't give it a chance?
Ya engineering is awesome!! I am in it for the love of it. I say go for it dude.

Yes, engineering is more time demanding, but it's not gonna take all of your time. Especially at the lower levels. You just gonna have to make some effort to have a social life.
So true, I am in engineering, but I still have fun. Ofcourse I am in first year, so I dunno whether I will have time when I get to the 3rd or 4th year.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had that problem too... What helped me a lot is to write out what I'm looking for in a woman. Then, as I talk with them, I can start and filter for who I am wanting.

In my case, I've met a lot of women that want to go out to dinner, dance, and not much else for activities. This wasn't long term material for me, it was boring. I also want someone that will try a few sports or other activities with me, can hold an intelligent conversation, is mutually supportive, etc. When I go into my first conversations with a new woman, I don't grill her. But, I can more readily recognize if she's someone I'd want to be around. It's reasonable to ask in a first conversation what the person likes to do for fun. If she's not into much, and not open to some of my stuff, that's a huge red flag..etc.

In your case, I'm not sure what all your stuff is, but one thing is you'll need someone that is understanding of a busy schedule. You don't want to corner her by saying something like how a of women are demanding of time. That just makes you look negative to women. You could say something like "last finals week, I really had to hit the books.. but I felt good that I could focus like that.." If she comes back with "I know, sometimes you just gotta do these things.." then she's supportive. If she comes back with "don't take it too seriously.." you might have conflict. I don't mean to play games by talking about the subject indirectly. But, in the first conversation or two with her, you don't know where she's coming from, or how to relate to her. This lets you check her out without getting entangled.

But, in general, just have in mind whom you'd like to have around you. If you don't know who you want, you won't recognize if you've found her. As you spend time meeting women, you'll want to revise this list. That's one of the great things about DJ'ing. You get to be around different types of women to see which kind you really like; or if what you thought you'd like actually works for you.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF.. I typed out reply 15, hit submit, and waited about 5 minutes. The same reply posted 3 times (replies 15-17). Sorry guys. It lets me edit the redundant replies, but I couldn't find how to just delete the redundant replies.