Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there a way to raise your level of testosterone?

Dr. Strangelove

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all

I was wondering if you know some healthy way to increase the level of testosterone. I think a bit more would suit me real good :p

Thanks in advance.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exercise and build muscle. I heard that exercising for muscle growth increases the amount of test.

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
I spent a long time searching for something that would keep my testosterone levels high... outside of steroids which can fvck you up. I've honestly found the solution, been on it for about six months and have noticed an incredible boost in my strength.

Here's the stack: ZMA (Zinc + Magnesium + some other vitamins in a certain proportion that supports testosterone production), Tribulus Terestris (some herb, boosts testosterone production), and Muira Puma (some herb, also is supposed to help sexual performance).

As far as I know there are no known side effects to any of the above stuff, and no need to cycle. This is the non-steroidal means of boosting testosterone production, and although it's not as effective as steroids, it's the best you can do without them I think.

- Maurizio

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The prohormone 1-AD is a direct precursor to T production, if I'm not mistaken.

Legal and effective. And should be safe for MOST people over the age of 21, if taken correctly.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm now curious. So what is the benefit of supplementing hormones or prohormones? Anybody tried it?

Sites in bodybuilding.com says that there is increased growth in muscle mass without the side effects of steroid. So is this true?

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
In response to oddtech:

Yes, it is kinda true. But you need to be careful. With the stack that I mentioned above, what you're doing is aiding your body's natural production of testosterone. When your "suplementing" things that your body is used to producing on it's own (as you are with pro-hormones such as 1 - AD) you have to be extremely careful and watchful to not fvck up your body's natural production of these things. Initially the results will be drastic and great, but eventually your body will adjust it's own production of whatever it is that you're supplementing so that levels of that thing are closer to normal again. If / when that happens, you will have become dependent on the drug simply to maintain normal levels. This is not healthy. You will end up with deficiencies later in life. "Supporting" your body instead of "giving" it things is the key to safe supplementation.

This quote is from Netrition.com: "The body's testosterone negative feedback loop (HPTA) will naturally respond to elevations of testosterone, however it rebounds right back so long as one does not stay on prohormone products for inordinately long periods of time (> 8 weeks). "

So... if you decide to use this stuff, keep it short term.

No, I have not actually tried any hormones or pro-hormones because I am not willing to take the risks associated with doing so. It should be noted that there is a TON of stuff out there which is "legal," but that sure as heck doesn't mean "risk free."

- Maurizio

Dr. Strangelove

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maurizio
I spent a long time searching for something that would keep my testosterone levels high... outside of steroids which can fvck you up. I've honestly found the solution, been on it for about six months and have noticed an incredible boost in my strength.

Here's the stack: ZMA (Zinc + Magnesium + some other vitamins in a certain proportion that supports testosterone production), Tribulus Terestris (some herb, boosts testosterone production), and Muira Puma (some herb, also is supposed to help sexual performance).

Thanks for the info. Do you take the 3 of them at the same time?.

I've found already some sites where I can buy this stuff, but I'm afraid that it won't make it through the customs office. :mad:

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
Customs!?!? Where are you from?

It's a fairly common stack. Enough so that several companies produce a single product with all three ingredients. The stuff I use is called ZMA-T and is made by MuscleLink. It's available from Netrition.com for not too much. They're a pretty big provider too (in NY), and I immagine that they'd ship outside the US without hassle. Although the shipping costs for only a $20 product would be a bit stupid...

And as is now obvious, I take them at the same time. It's supposed to be taken before bed on an empty stomach. Hope this helps. I have had very good experiences with this product, have no reason to not recomment it, but I can still make no promises that it will work as well for others.

I started seeing results and changes after about two weeks. One bottle of the stuff will last a month at reccomended doses.

- Maurizio

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can make your own ZMA. All you need is Zinc, Magnesium and B6 in certain quantities. I think these are the correct proportions:

30mg zinc
450mg magnesium
10.5mg B6

I just bought seperate bottles of these.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
You can make your own ZMA. All you need is Zinc, Magnesium and B6 in certain quantities. I think these are the correct proportions:

30mg zinc
450mg magnesium
10.5mg B6

I just bought seperate bottles of these.

ZMA is SO cheap, why bother doing this??

There are a couple possible side effects to ZMA none of which are anything harmful. First off you might break out with acne when you first start taking it. I personally did not break out at all but I know people who did (pimples even showed up on their legs and arms). The second side effect is actually a pretty good side effect - Lucid dreaming, and most of the dreams are sexual...

Dr. Strangelove

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maurizio
Customs!?!? Where are you from?

I'm from Spain. The customs people is very, very strict when it comes to food/drugs of any kind. If they have the slightest doubt about if something is legal, it'd be confiscated. :(

But I'll give a try anyways. It sounds this stuff really works.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by OddTech
I'm now curious. So what is the benefit of supplementing hormones or prohormones? Anybody tried it?

Sites in bodybuilding.com says that there is increased growth in muscle mass without the side effects of steroid. So is this true?
The benefit is increased testosterone. Also, it doesn't aromatize, so you won't end up with ***** tits or anything like it. The only problem might be a lowered % of test in your body after you come off the cycle, because your body wasn't producing as much while you were taking the prohormones. This of course is temporary. I'd assume that as with steroids you can get psychologically addicted to the gains.

I haven't tried it myself, but my friend knows that guy who knows everything there is to know about steroids and prohormones, (I know, not the best source) and he says andro (androstenedione) is good, but you might as well take some of the less-powerful steroids. He says andro, taken correctly and with intense training, can give you about 15-20lbs of lean mass in one cycle, which is pretty good.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fred Da Head
and he says andro (androstenedione) is good,

Maybe he meant 4-androdiol. androstendione is CRAP.

He says andro, taken correctly and with intense training, can give you about 15-20lbs of lean mass in one cycle, which is pretty good.

Hes an idiot.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viroid
and he says andro (androstenedione) is good,

Maybe he meant 4-androdiol. androstendione is CRAP.

He says andro, taken correctly and with intense training, can give you about 15-20lbs of lean mass in one cycle, which is pretty good.

Hes an idiot.
What's good then?

dj blass

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys forgot one very essential test. level producer... The Diet ...

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's good then?
Ive only tried androstenedione and 4-androdiol. Androstenedione did nothing. With 4-AD I noticed a nice strength gain at 4-500mgs a day. I might try 1000mgs per day while cutting (to retain lean mass) because its so cheap now.

From what ive read, 1-AD and 1-Test are pretty good. They are not PROhormones because they dont need anything (enzymes) for conversion into testosterone. They are basically steroids.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MAG10 worked great for me.

I started a cycle of 1-AD a few weeks ago but jumped off when I got a cold. Sh!t's too expensive to waste, ya know.

The pills would tend to get stuck in my esophagus. One time I belched after taking one and a cloud of noxious dust came out of my mouth and nose and burned like hell. I suppose this is why you get some stomach pain the first week of taking it.

Can't wait to get back on the stuff and see what happens.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1-AD is a great supplement with once exception, it significantly reduces your sex drive...A LOT! If you have a horny girlfriend you might wanna watch out.

However, 4-AD which is also an effective supplement, can correct this problem. That's why many bodybuilders stack 1-AD with 4-AD.

As others have mentioned, your testosterone levels will most likely be way down after your cycle. Therefore it is smart to supplement something like 6-OXO immediately after you are off to maximize gains and minimize ***** tits and other estrogen related effects. While both prohormones claim that they don't lead to these things, most people report that they have undergone these side effects, although significantly milder than actual roids.

At the same time, most roid users who experimented with prohormones claim that the crash after using them was significantly WORSE than actual roids. Another reason why it is important to supplement like 6-OXO after you take them.

From what I gather, the supplements are extremely effective and several people I know reported that they gained 15-20 lbs of muscle on their cycles. Results are generally strongest for ectomorphic body types.

I hope that I shed some light on the subject, and that I didn't repeat anything anyone else said.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-OXO? Mind giving more details on what it is, what it does, more "generic" name, brands, etc?

And I'm just wondering, not that I don't believe you guys, but how can more testosterone reduce your sex drive?